NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Let's name our unpopular video game opinions here! :D

Oct 31, 2017 at 11:30:24 PM
BazookaJoe (4)
(Joe ) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
Originally posted by: mattbep

I am not a fan of the Yoshi, Donkey Kong (except arcade), Sonic, Metroid, or Final Fantasy games. Probably a few other heavy hitters on my "don't care for" list that I did not immediately think of from some of the earlier comments here.

I'm on the same boat here, minus Yoshi. I do dig yoshi! 

-------------------------
My Wants! | Add me on Switch: SW-3356-2808-2889
 ​

Oct 31, 2017 at 11:30:48 PM
BazookaJoe (4)
(Joe ) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
Originally posted by: Gandlin

The only Castlevania game I like is Symphony of the Night. I don't like Contra. I don't care for Sega Master System at all. I don't understand anyone who collects full sets unless they're wealthy. I think Halo is over rated. I think Assassins Creed is a generally over rated series. I don't think NES has more than 50-60 good games. I prefer PS3 over 360 for that era of gaming. People who think there's no good games in the modern or retro era ("all modern systems and games suck!" or "all retro systems and games suck!") irritate me and I think they're close minded turds. I think the Megaman series as a whole is over rated. I don't understand anyone who thinks original Mortal Kombat is better than 2 or 3. I prefer KH over KH II. I enjoyed Mario is Missing (SNES). I like the N64 controller.
Halo, overrated? You monster!

My Wants! | Add me on Switch: SW-3356-2808-2889
 ​

Oct 31, 2017 at 11:36:38 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Journey is super boring and much of what little gameplay there is is actively bad. I think people who can write an essay about how it's an emotional masterpiece that brings them to tears every time are ridiculous.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Oct 31, 2017 at 11:42:12 PM
Philosoraptor (52)
< King Solomon >
Texas
  1. The newer the console, the worse the sports games.
  2. The Saturn does NOT have a good import library. Twenty worthwhile games does not make a good import library.
  3. The Dreamcast's import library is even worse than the Saturn's. 
  4. The Vita is great.
  5. The Wii isn't as garbage as everyone thinks it is. The Wii U is as garbage as everyone thinks it is. The Wii U is still not as garbage as the N64.
  6. The NTSC Genesis library has more good-to-great games than the NTSC SNES library.
  7. Nothing Square, Squaresoft, or Square-Enix ever made is in the top 50 games of all time.

Oct 31, 2017 at 11:59:08 PM
unoclay (0)
< Little Mac >
Pennsylvania
Other M is not a terrible game

Nov 1, 2017 at 1:04:08 AM
SimonBelmont (0)
< Little Mac >
Iowa
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest is an enjoyable game with good music.

Nov 1, 2017 at 1:26:47 AM
Soera (164)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Oklahoma
NES is overrated . Library is 95% shovelware. SMS should have been the forerunner in the 8 bit race.
Phantasy star > Final fantasy
N64 is garbage.
I dislike Mario
I hate Sonic
Xbox should get out of the console business
Switch is nothing more than a Breath of the wild machine
Block button on fighting games > No block button
Earthbound is horrible.

Nov 1, 2017 at 1:47:21 AM
jacob... (17)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
its all fun and games until people start shitting on the 64.

on an unrelated note everything pre 3d era is garbage. old school eliteists need to move on. you cant stay in your moms basement playing asteroids forever.
video games werent meant to have the graphic equivilency of the back of a ceareal box. get with the times 

sony was a decent electronics company 1st and a horrible video game company second.
dual shock is the worst controller ever designed. its a snes controller with a few tumors and you sony fans are still using it to this day.
animal crossing is really not that girly
sonic is the dumbest premis ever. its an on rails platformer. an on rails... platformer...
conkers bfd sucked, you just think it was cool cause 12 yo you thought he was cool for being drunk and fighting a turd.
64 has the largest library (of playable games) to date
nobody likes fire emblem, they just buy it for the shelf, 90% of fire emblem games in the us never get played.

"its not all about dat 'tendo   "

link to my wanted
link to my for trade

Edited: 11/01/2017 at 02:10 AM by jacob...

Nov 1, 2017 at 1:57:06 AM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
3-D Mario is garbage.

Ocarina of Time's overworld is incredibly underwhelming, therefore it is far from the best Zelda game.
Water Temple is easy.
Everything about Majora's Mask is bad for the Zelda series.
Toon Link sucks.

N64 controller has a good layout.

Turn-based combat is boring af.

Playing old games is not improved by making them displayed in high resolution or updated graphics.

The collecting hobby is not helped or improved by popularity or high prices.

Nov 1, 2017 at 7:10:23 AM
Estil (10)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
That I've chosen not to do any online gaming (I do have a PS3, WiiU, and now PS4 so I do have the option available), perferring to play with myself (oops!  I mean by myself!!) instead.  Mainly because you're competing against the very best most experienced players in the world and I'd probably just make an idiot out of myself.  And if, for example I can't even finish the 150cc gold cups in Mario Kart 7 or 8 then I ain't got a prayer in the game online.    Am I really missing out or grossly wasting most of what the PS3/PS4 is capable of?

Also from the very start I've chosen not to do any Xboxes.  Maybe I'll give the original a go someday...especially if it makes a good MAME sort of machine (where I can run vintage arcade game roms and they still work just as good as the real deal).

My best friend Jamiee and my dearly departed Tweetie (2005-2012):
http://s650.photobucket.com/user/...

Collection:
NES (222)   SNES (98)   N64 (
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  
PS1 (39)   PS2 (23)   PS3 (8)   WII (11)   WIIU (6)
GBA (44)  GBC (12)   GB (25)   DS (14)   3DS (8)

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:16:45 AM
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: hybrid

I like mk2 better on the Genesis

The snes mortal kombats (Boy I hope that's what you mean by MK) play like crap.  People who never played the arcade in depth may say they're fine, but they're slow.  MK1 on snes was a joke; everyone claims the genesis won because it had blood, but in truth, it player much better than the snes version. 

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:18:45 AM
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: SimonBelmont

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest is an enjoyable game with good music.

And it cost half as much as a normal game when it came out, AND was one of the few 16 bit RPGs at the time.  It wasn't meant to be some grand quest, and it's quite enjoyable honestly. 

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:33:26 AM
cartman (16)
(The Boss) < King Solomon >
Sweden
The fact that i like many shitty fames i guess, like Double Dragon 3 for GB (yes that broken version). As long as i can work with bad controls and the gameplay mechanics in a game it's very likely that i'll have fun time with it. DD 3 GB works in such a way that you need to "hit n run" with a single punch/kick/jumpkick as opposed to actual fighting where you throw multiple blows because evey single enemy is overpowered but after adjusting to it it works quite well. As long as it isn't to the point that it becomes unplayable i'm all good.

Edited: 11/01/2017 at 09:34 AM by cartman

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:48:59 AM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
I don't think Super Metroid is that great.

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:08:06 AM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
LoZ OoT is nowhere near the best Zelda.
Project M is better than Smash Bros.
The last few Mario games (not including Odessey) are trash.
There is only ONE good Star Fox game.
Kiwi is the best console color.

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:11:58 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
The GameCube controller is the worst gaming controller of all time.

There, I said it.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:14:52 AM
PuppyWaffles (114)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: TDIRunner

There, I said it.

That is a very unpopular opinion, you went straight past Mars and into a black hole!

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:20:10 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles

There, I said it.

That is a very unpopular opinion, you went straight past Mars and into a black hole!

That's the point of the thread isn't it?  

Seriously though, I've felt that way a very long time, even before I realized just how popular that controller is.  Years ago, when I started to learn how many people consider it the greatest controller of all time, I was truly confused, and to this day I still dont' understand it.  In my opinion, the A,B,X,Y button configuration is one of the top 3 biggest video game design failures of all time.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:44:00 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: jacob...

its all fun and games until people start shitting on the 64.

on an unrelated note everything pre 3d era is garbage. old school eliteists need to move on. you cant stay in your moms basement playing asteroids forever.
video games werent meant to have the graphic equivilency of the back of a ceareal box. get with the times 

sony was a decent electronics company 1st and a horrible video game company second.
dual shock is the worst controller ever designed. its a snes controller with a few tumors and you sony fans are still using it to this day.
animal crossing is really not that girly
sonic is the dumbest premis ever. its an on rails platformer. an on rails... platformer...
conkers bfd sucked, you just think it was cool cause 12 yo you thought he was cool for being drunk and fighting a turd.
nobody likes fire emblem, they just buy it for the shelf, 90% of fire emblem games in the us never get played.

Just curious to see your list of “playable” games for the 64. Because the 3200 ps2 games are curious. 

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:47:46 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

There, I said it.

I agree 100%. The snes and xbox elite say otherwise, game cube controller is trash. 

Other than the 10 or so decent games, the gamecube is a passable system. Although it does have a handle, which was obviously more important than decent 3rd party support. 

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:51:58 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Just curious to see your list of “playable” games for the 64. Because the 3200 ps2 games are curious. 

I'm curious if he meant to say that the N64 has the largest ratio of good games to bad games of any system.  I've heard this argument before, and while I don't really agree with it, I find it to be much more reasonable than the initial statement.  

Because otherwise, I could easily argue that the PS1 and PS2 have more "playable" games than the entire library of the N64.  

Edited: 11/01/2017 at 10:52 AM by TDIRunner

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:17:04 AM
jacob... (17)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California

id make a list but it would be so long while you were reading it your ps2 might actually finish loading.

"its not all about dat 'tendo   "

link to my wanted
link to my for trade

Edited: 11/01/2017 at 11:18 AM by jacob...

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:17:41 AM
PuppyWaffles (114)
Tennessee

There, I said it.

I agree 100%. The snes and xbox elite say otherwise, game cube controller is trash. 

Other than the 10 or so decent games, the gamecube is a passable system. Although it does have a handle, which was obviously more important than decent 3rd party support. 

The handle is so you have something to hold onto as you bash the nonbelievers with it...why do you think the Wii was code named the revolution?

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:23:14 AM
PuppyWaffles (114)
Tennessee
In all honesty there isn't a single console out there that doesn't have a least one good game on it. And controllers are just preferences. The real discussion here is am I the only one that wants Zelda 2 remastered?

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:37:08 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

id make a list but it would be so long while you were reading it your ps2 might actually finish loading.

Fitting you posted that terrible quality gif, its roughly 2x the graphical quality of most n64 games. So I can now see why you say “playable”  

Edited: 11/01/2017 at 11:37 AM by MrWunderful