Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Horizon Chase Turbo Switch, PC, PS4, XBOX One

Oct 15 at 6:15:08 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Didn't think much of it, but on a whim, I just downloaded a game demo called 'Horizon Chase Turbo' for the PS4 that took me by surprise a bit. I thought it was a cheap, crappy and quickly put together indie title, but it's far from it. It's a budget title, but by no means is it a crappy one.

From what I've played, it's amazing IMO. It gave me what I've been missing all these years: A freakin' decent arcade racer.

The graphics remind me of Virtual Racing and/or Sonic Mania's special stages, all in glorious 60fps. As far as both visuals and gameplay, it's like Virtual Racing, Top Gear, OutRun, and Daytona USA all rolled into one. Maybe a little bit of Mario Kart thrown in as well. 

Sound is incredible, both in music and effects. It's kinda a faux-80's synthwave, and fits the game nicely.

Anyone played it? It's been out for a little while, and I think there's demos on the Switch and XBOX One as well. 

-------------------------
Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Oct 15 at 7:13:30 PM
fox (15)
(Gunslinger Fox) < King Solomon >
United States
Pretty much a spiritual successor to Top Gear. Even has the same composer contributing tracks to the soundtrack. The music is hype.

It is simple and kind of mindless driving game. Feels good to get that perfect run or unlock a new car or upgrade, even if the new unlock isn't that great. It's a fair time killer, but best in short bursts because it gets real repetitive real fast.

I got it free on ps plus a couple months back. If you can get it free or cheap, it is a fun throwback.

Oct 15 at 7:20:52 PM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
I bought the switch version a while back. It really is a great game with a fantastic soundtrack. I play a stage or two now and again. Got to South America so far.

I'm tempted to buy the summer DLC. It looks to add an outrun style mode.

Oct 16 at 12:47:55 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
This and Detroit were free 3 months ago on PS4. Both great games. Got me to play OutRunners and Road Blasters

Playas Guide Logo

Oct 16 at 1:35:51 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Lol @ the naming "Horizon" - how dare they.

Oct 16 at 6:12:38 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
I got into it too and it's better than expected. Has a nice rad racer vibe.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Oct 16 at 7:55:27 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
MJR posted a pick-ups video on it not to long ago. The look of it and other videos made me want to pick it up, but due to the MJR effect I'm gonna have to wait until it drops a bit in price.

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Oct 16 at 8:14:42 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: rlh

MJR posted a pick-ups video on it not to long ago. The look of it and other videos made me want to pick it up, but due to the MJR effect I'm gonna have to wait until it drops a bit in price.

Is it physical?  I thought it was only digital.  

I almost bought it a while back.   Glad I didn't since it ended up being free on PS+ a few months ago.

One of the songs is the same as one from Top Gear on SNES.

Oct 16 at 8:30:11 PM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Is it physical?  I thought it was only digital.  

I almost bought it a while back.   Glad I didn't since it ended up being free on PS+ a few months ago.

One of the songs is the same as one from Top Gear on SNES.

Yeah, there are two physicals on the Switch.  A standard and a special edition.

Oct 16 at 8:43:38 PM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
Now that we're discussing this game, I can't find any details on the physical releases. Does anyone know the difference between the two? What makes the special edition, special?

Oct 16 at 9:33:24 PM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri

Now that we're discussing this game, I can't find any details on the physical releases. Does anyone know the difference between the two? What makes the special edition, special?

I don't believe the regular cover has released yet. The first prints were all the "limited" release with that cover. Anything printed after will be the regular cover.

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Edited: 10/16/2019 at 09:33 PM by Fleck586

Oct 17 at 4:57:10 PM
MiamiSlice (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
New Jersey

The special edition has a different cover art and inside is a letter from the dev thanking you for buying it. That's it. That's all there is to it. 

I don't think the game has sold all that well which is why all the retailers still have the special edition in stock. 

Oct 17 at 4:58:27 PM
MiamiSlice (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
New Jersey
I have this game. It's fun! Scratches the arcade racer itch for me. My only gripe is that sometimes the game insists on using these high contrast patterns on the road that are super distracting, it's like high frequency flashing which really wasn't needed, and also there's no online multiplayer. Online multiplayer seems like what I really want from any racer at this point.