Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

What are some of the most underrated NES Games in your opinion??

Mar 22, 2010 at 1:56:12 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Every game is good. Just a question of whether it's your cup of tea. Even Taboo is decent considering the purpose it was designed for

-------------------------

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:04:05 AM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Astyanax, Zen Intergalactic Ninja, Kabuki Quantum Fighter, Toxic Crusader, Shadow of the Ninja, and (lol) Felix the Cat. I would also like to second Shatterhand

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:05:09 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Wow, and here I thought I was the only person that liked Toxic Crusader...

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:06:27 AM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
No way man! I need to get another copy of that one. I dont have it anymore...

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:07:33 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Yeah, mine's in storage. I loaded up on RPGs figuring I'm unemployed and have all kinds of time to knock them off...then I realized after I moved that I'm just not in the mood for RPGs

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:09:27 AM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Doh! Are they really far away from where you are now?

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:12:46 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Back of a giant storage unit that's packed to the gills, so yeah. I have 71 games with me (out of 640ish). Of those, I've finished 13 of them, and have come close on a few more that I just don't feel like firing up. At least I have 21 in transit that will provide an infusion to my collection

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:18:43 AM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
I don't understand why people don't like Craptain Skyhawk, it's a cheap dollar game that can be knocked off in a couple days, and seems pretty fun, both my friend and I beat this several times renting it. I'll take it over those damn side scrollers in a heart beat.

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:20:42 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
I really like Captain Skyhawk actually. It gets repetitive, but it's pretty sweet, and for a bargain bin title you can get pretty much anywhere you look, you really can't go wrong!

Mar 22, 2010 at 3:25:07 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
IMO, Battle of Olympus, Zen Intergalactic Ninja, Monster in my Pocket, POW, Power Blade 2, Vice Project Doom, Shatterhand, and Mechanized Attack are all very underrated titles. Oh yeah, and I love me some Menace Beach too

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Mar 22, 2010 at 4:27:01 PM
Sanna (25)
(S L) < Meka Chicken >
Sweden
Ufouria

Mar 22, 2010 at 4:42:10 PM
RASK1904 (196)
(Roger D.) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Toki

My ebay   http://shop.ebay.com/rask1904/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562                                                                                                                     ................................My fs thread....
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...    

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:18:11 PM
Palcom (29)
(Mergim M.) < Lolo Lord >
Austria
Ufouria is great. Playing it makes me feel like being 5 years old again.

Ultimate Air Combat - Very good flight simulator altough its best feature is the base stations gameplay mode. It's like Galaxy 5000, also by Activision.

Crackout - Basically Araknoid all over again but very enjoyable.

Searching for CIB PAL-B NOE or FRG games... PM me now! :D

Sale/Trade Thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hards...

Originally posted by: Megamanfan

I don't know how to ship internationaly.

Mar 23, 2010 at 11:25:52 AM
Maydogg6 (49)
(Assy McGee) < Lolo Lord >
New York
Castlequest - It's one giant, 100-room maze coupled with puzzle elements. Great fun, if you ask me.

Gun.Smoke - I never hear anyone say anything bad about it, but I rarely hear any praise either. I think it's one of the most fun shooters on the system.

Air Fortress - Same as Gun.Smoke. You hear nothing bad, but rarely anything good either. Extremely fun game and not exactly easy either. Giant mazes and very interesting elements like the way you use/regain power.

8 Eyes - Gets crapped on a lot for not being Castlevania (I hate the word 'clone'). The use of the bird makes it an extremely interesting game in both 1 and 2 player. It has great music and a dark theme. It even has some Mega Man style in that you need to figure out the order to beat the bosses. Not to mention a pretty sweet riddle that you need to figure out in order to beat it.

Fester's Quest - A lot of people don't like it at all. I always enjoyed destroying aliens with Uncle Fester. Granted the '3D' mazes are annoying at best, but they can be overcome. Has a lot in common with Blaster Master and it has a great sound track.

I'll post more if I think of them.

"I will beat you like a drum."

Mar 23, 2010 at 11:35:12 AM
MasonSushi (83)
(Mason 8-Bit_Nes) < King Solomon >
South Carolina
I like solar Jetman. A lot of people forget this awesome game.

Come visit my youtube channel

MasonSushi YouTube Channel

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:15:49 PM
adamthegamer (60)
(Adam Erickson) < Meka Chicken >
South Dakota
Kabuki Quantum Fighter- one of my favorites on the console!

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:22:51 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Originally posted by: B.A. Baracus

I love me some North and South! Nothing beats hearing the bugle sound as your calvary charges and you use your 1 horse to defeat the entire enemy army!

i second this!

Adventure island 2 is one of my all time favs, also little nemo, and even caveman games!

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:30:45 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
Originally posted by: Maydogg6

Gun.Smoke - I never hear anyone say anything bad about it, but I rarely hear any praise either. I think it's one of the most fun shooters on the system.

yes. forgot about this one. great game.

Let's Go Penguins!

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:31:03 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Originally posted by: jdheins

1943 never makes anyone's top 100 lists, WTF

Agreed. Twin Eagle is also a good 1943 clone. Plus you can rescue hostages as well.

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:32:59 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Did anyone mention Felix the Cat? The whole powerup system was pretty cool.

Apr 20, 2010 at 4:35:58 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Cowboy Kid. One of the best multiplayer titles on the NES that nobody's ever heard of! Plus when you beat a level 2-player, you get one of the most racist scenes on the NES (Sam rides his horse at a leisurely pace, while Little Chief runs behind at top speed trying to keep up). Sounds tame, but yeah, not much made it past the censors (well, except maybe Whomp 'Em...wonder how that made it past Quality Control ).

Apr 23, 2010 at 1:11:59 AM
profholt82 (59)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
I agree with a lot of these, especially Cowboy Kid, Cpt. Skyhawk, Jaws and North & South. Those were some of my favorite games as a kid.

I'd like to throw some sports titles out there: Little League Baseball (Baseball Stars steals all its glory),Ski or Die, and Capcom's Gold Medal Challenge which is still the best Olympics game I've ever played on any system.

Apr 23, 2010 at 12:53:23 PM
BydoEmpire (0)

(Vince Dickinson) < Tourian Tourist >
Florida
I wasn't a fan of most of LJN's stuff, but "Gotcha! The Sport" was a great light gun game. You used the dpad to move left and right around the scene and used the gun to shoot which added a nice twist. Good graphics and pretty fun all around.

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:31:42 PM
Howard (0)
(Noah Riggs) < Crack Trooper >
Arkansas
The Guardian Legend is the game I always say on these threads. I really think it's one of the best games on the whole system, but critical reviews are usually just lukewarm. It's a very unique blend of shooter and rpg that works surprisingly well, and unlike Metroid it's female character isn't hidden. I also love all the weapons and the fact that you can check you password. I abandoned so many NES games due to incorrect passwords. That was a really innovative game.

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:34:41 PM
Palcom (29)
(Mergim M.) < Lolo Lord >
Austria
Originally posted by: chadalleman

Did anyone mention Felix the Cat? The whole powerup system was pretty cool.

I found this game really mediocre. I liked the music but gameplay wise it ain't that great. And I sucked with the tank. lol

@wizard 666: Does not sound racist to me. Rather funny.

Searching for CIB PAL-B NOE or FRG games... PM me now! :D

Sale/Trade Thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hards...

Originally posted by: Megamanfan

I don't know how to ship internationaly.

Edited: 04/25/2010 at 12:36 PM by Palcom