Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

New NES Homebrew, NEScape! KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!!!! LINK IN FIRST POST!

May 20 at 9:35:02 PM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
No demo, not interested.

-------------------------

May 20 at 10:59:42 PM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

Huge thanks to everyone who has backed so far. You're blowing my mind.  
lol Con's post count is BOOB

May 21 at 9:29:57 PM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
Originally posted by: neodolphino

Huge thanks to everyone who has backed so far. You're blowing my mind.  
lol Con's post count is BOOB
It must be a clue!

May 22 at 5:58:18 AM
Final Theory (2)

(Final Theory) < Crack Trooper >
United States
Congrats on the Kickstarter!

My question is how did you make this? The pixel art statue from the mad wizard.

May 22 at 10:30:59 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: Final Theory

Congrats on the Kickstarter!

My question is how did you make this? The pixel art statue from the mad wizard.

I had it 3d printed by a very good friend of mine. Then we painted it.

Also, no more BOOB. Sad Panda.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

May 27 at 4:50:47 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
NA might be dead, but NEScape! is not! Tell your friends!

May 27 at 6:25:31 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
I don't back games on Kickstarter anymore after other campaigns ruined it for me. You're my favourite current NES developer though so I'll buy a copy if it gets made.

May 27 at 8:36:09 PM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
Originally posted by: bootload

I don't back games on Kickstarter anymore after other campaigns ruined it for me. You're my favourite current NES developer though so I'll buy a copy if it gets made.
It's already made. I'm just raising money to buy materials to produce it physically. I would hope at this point I am trustworthy enough for you to feel safe backing a project I'm producing.  

And FYI to everyone: I'm not sure if I am going to produce more copies than I do for the Kickstarter backers, so if you don't back the game on Kickstarter there is no guarantee you'll be able to purchase the game unless you buy it from the secondary market (and if I do, it will probably be a very small amount. ie: if there are 384 Kickstarter backers I'll probably make 400 copies).

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

May 27 at 11:40:11 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama

It's already made. I'm just raising money to buy materials to produce it physically. I would hope at this point I am trustworthy enough for you to feel safe backing a project I'm producing.  

And FYI to everyone: I'm not sure if I am going to produce more copies than I do for the Kickstarter backers, so if you don't back the game on Kickstarter there is no guarantee you'll be able to purchase the game unless you buy it from the secondary market (and if I do, it will probably be a very small amount. ie: if there are 384 Kickstarter backers I'll probably make 400 copies).

So what would you do with it if the Kickstarter didn't get funded and you didn't have the money to make physical copies?

May 28 at 12:14:09 AM
Mog (140)

So what would you do with it if the Kickstarter didn't get funded and you didn't have the money to make physical copies?

I would have fronted him the money to make it then.

May 28 at 2:56:49 AM
WaverBoy (1)

(Jeff Nelson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington

The Kickstarter is funded, though, and he's your fave NES developer, so why not back it?

May 28 at 10:06:58 AM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida

The amount of research I did prior to launching the Kickstarter afforded me the confidence in knowing there was a very good chance it would be funded. I put a lot of effort into both the campaign and the game itself. I think it shows.

May 28 at 10:23:34 AM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
Congrats on this game - it looks amazing btw! I just backed the digital version, as I really just want to play the game and support the project.

If anyone is on the fence about backing an expensive kickstarter - $10 for the game itself is incredibly cheap IMO, and I'm just very appreciative that you've offered that as an option.

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

May 29 at 8:01:58 PM
Starfoxes (0)
(Yannick ) < Tourian Tourist >
Trinidad and Tobago
I like the graphics style, it reminds me of classic DOS. Which mapper did you use?

Shoot for the stars.

May 29 at 8:37:31 PM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
Originally posted by: Starfoxes

I like the graphics style, it reminds me of classic DOS. Which mapper did you use?

Thank you.   We used GTROM.

May 29 at 8:56:35 PM
Starfoxes (0)
(Yannick ) < Tourian Tourist >
Trinidad and Tobago
I never heard of that one before, but that's mapper number 111 in nesasm. Its a lot of PRG, I never actually converted PRG to CHR. I currently use MMC1 but I found that one you mentioned was interesting.

Shoot for the stars.

Jun 03 at 9:18:29 PM
Mog (140)
Over 400 backers now?!? What?!?  

Jun 06 at 8:03:25 AM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
As of this afternoon there is only a week left for the Kickstarter!

It's been an exhausting three weeks and I'm excited to move on to the next stage of the process in ordering all the parts.

One thing that's been cool to see is that I don't even recognize 98% of the names of the backers. That means the audience is growing tremendously.

That also means that most people that have bought my games in the past either don't care for this game or have moved on to other things haha.

See you all at the finish line. Hope to see some more of your names pop up!

Jun 06 at 10:02:25 AM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
Bumping the thread with a NEScape review juuuuust in case any of you are still on the fence about backing this project.

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Jun 06 at 12:12:36 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

As of this afternoon there is only a week left for the Kickstarter!

It's been an exhausting three weeks and I'm excited to move on to the next stage of the process in ordering all the parts.

One thing that's been cool to see is that I don't even recognize 98% of the names of the backers. That means the audience is growing tremendously.

That also means that most people that have bought my games in the past either don't care for this game or have moved on to other things haha.

See you all at the finish line. Hope to see some more of your names pop up!
Thanks for reminding me, just picked up a copy  

Jun 06 at 2:12:44 PM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania

We're just sick and tired of waiting for the Sneak 'n Peek sequel.

Consider yourself warned: Snork 'n Pork: The Baconing better get released soon, or mark my words....

Jun 06 at 4:47:58 PM
tomkennes123 (0)

(tom kennes) < Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
Backed

Jun 06 at 5:05:05 PM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
Originally posted by: tomkennes123

Backed

Definitely recognized your name when it came through! Thanks man. <3

Jun 12 at 3:42:09 PM
Mog (140)
Less than 48hrs left!!!

Jun 14 at 8:04:14 AM
tomkennes123 (0)

(tom kennes) < Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
I'm not sure if this is already mentioned somewhere, but who will be manufacturing the physical editions (cartridge labels, manual, box)?