Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew New SNES Game - Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death CollectorVision Games is releasing a new Super Nintendo Game.

May 15, 2015 at 3:45:40 PM
Gamester81 (1)
< Little Mac >
Arizona
Many people have asked if they can preorder the NES port now that that stretch goal is complete. We've decided to add it to the KS campaign. We are offering two different variations of the game box and cartridge: https://www.kickstarter.com/proje...

Edited: 05/15/2015 at 03:47 PM by Gamester81

May 16, 2015 at 9:02:50 AM
cartman (16)
(The Boss) < King Solomon >
Sweden
The regular version of the NES game actually looks better than the exclusive one. The darker black and blue make for a better background and the depicton is more vivid with the additional skull & toad.

As SNES vs SFC goes you're probably aware of the fact that there are different traditions regarding the style of the artwork: realism vs animated. As things turned out you're already opting for the US release to have an animated look and that's perfectly fine. Even so you should make them look different. That's one of the great things about SFC collecting and a real shame not to take advantantage of.

The PAL versions lime green color i think is too "screamy", eye-catching in a bad way. Something like this would've complemented the black much better: http://hellogiggles.com/purple-to...

May 16, 2015 at 9:37:19 AM
M-Tee (27)
(M Tee) < Eggplant Wizard >
Honestly, I'd drop all of the parody/homage aspects of the design. If you're making legit, completely original games, then why imitate Nintendo's SNES labels or Konami's NES labels or the NES Seal of Approval?

Why not be completely original?

Edited: 05/16/2015 at 09:37 AM by M-Tee

May 16, 2015 at 4:38:45 PM
Gamester81 (1)
< Little Mac >
Arizona
Originally posted by: M-Tee

Honestly, I'd drop all of the parody/homage aspects of the design. If you're making legit, completely original games, then why imitate Nintendo's SNES labels or Konami's NES labels or the NES Seal of Approval?

Why not be completely original?

I think rather than "paradying" the NES style, we're more like taking an homage to the classic NES style. 

May 17, 2015 at 6:41:02 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Hey Gamester, so what it looks like is the NES Crystal Skull edition will only be sold in the campaign, right? If there are four backers when it ends, then there will only be four copies, correct? Also, will they be numbered in any way? Thanks, and congrats on almost passing by the next stretch goal!

-------------------------
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

May 17, 2015 at 7:36:49 PM
MAIL_BAG (151)
(Rip ) < King Solomon >
Virginia
Backed.

CIB black box.

May 17, 2015 at 7:55:08 PM
snoopy101 (91)
< El Ripper >
Idaho
This game looks awesome!

May 18, 2015 at 2:01:33 AM
GibbyVA (32)
(NESCAPADES ) < Meka Chicken >
Virginia
Question Gamester..

I changed my pledge to get both copies but noticed the shipped date on the NES/SNES one is a full year difference on estimated delivery date. Will people who pledge for both have to wait 11 months longer for the SNES copy than people who don't or will all SNES versions ship first?

8-Bit Collection (no dupes) -  NES - 1,245 Famicom - 719  Master System - 255
Latest additions - AO, UXO, O-To-X, Rock Paper Scissors, Enigmacore, Cowlitz Gamers Adventure, Journey: The Game, Khan Games 4in1, Legends of Owlia

Edited: 05/18/2015 at 02:01 AM by GibbyVA

May 18, 2015 at 7:41:33 PM
matt (8)

< Crack Trooper >
Manitoba
Backed for the NES cart; keep up the good work!

May 24, 2015 at 2:38:31 PM
nicktendo (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Any way I can back for a CIB NES version and cart only SNES? The game looks sweet by the way! Love the artwork!

Also, do you think that the NES version of this will be completed after Sydney Hunter and the Mayans Revenge or is that taking a backseat to this project?

May 29, 2015 at 9:56:35 AM
Gamester81 (1)
< Little Mac >
Arizona
Originally posted by: GibbyVA

Question Gamester..

I changed my pledge to get both copies but noticed the shipped date on the NES/SNES one is a full year difference on estimated delivery date. Will people who pledge for both have to wait 11 months longer for the SNES copy than people who don't or will all SNES versions ship first?

Great question. Since the SNES version is much further along in development those who have purhased both copies will recieve the SNES version first, and the NES version when that is ready. 

May 29, 2015 at 9:57:54 AM
Gamester81 (1)
< Little Mac >
Arizona
Originally posted by: nicktendo

Any way I can back for a CIB NES version and cart only SNES? The game looks sweet by the way! Love the artwork!

Also, do you think that the NES version of this will be completed after Sydney Hunter and the Mayans Revenge or is that taking a backseat to this project?

Sure, you can back both if you wish. KS only allows for one reward which is odd, but if you pledge enough to cover both and let me know, I'll take note of it.  

Regarding the NES version of both this and Mayans Revenge (now called Curse of the Mayans), they probably will end up coming out around the same time next year. 

May 29, 2015 at 9:58:07 AM
Gamester81 (1)
< Little Mac >
Arizona
Originally posted by: matt

Backed for the NES cart; keep up the good work!
Thank you!

May 29, 2015 at 9:58:29 AM
Gamester81 (1)
< Little Mac >
Arizona
With only a little over a day left in the campaign we have reached our stretch goal to release Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death to the Wii U eShop! The next goal is to reach the the Xbox One XBLA version of the game. Time is running out, so will we get there? Perhaps.

May 30, 2015 at 1:33:13 AM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
Backed for both NES and SNES!

May 30, 2015 at 11:05:10 AM
Gamester81 (1)
< Little Mac >
Arizona
Originally posted by: JamesRobot

Backed for both NES and SNES!

Awesome, thanks man!

May 30, 2015 at 12:34:46 PM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Of course I remember it ends today, check on it, see there is 16 seconds left and click pledge a few seconds too late... lol

Congrats on getting funded!

May 31, 2015 at 12:42:52 PM
nicktendo (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: Gamester81

Originally posted by: nicktendo

Sure, you can back both if you wish. KS only allows for one reward which is odd, but if you pledge enough to cover both and let me know, I'll take note of it.  

Hi John, thanks for your reply. I ended up pledging $75 for the cart only option of both NES & SNES NTSC. I wish I would have seen this first. Is there any way I can throw $20.00 your way and get the CIB NES? Please let me know. Thanks, and congrats on getting 'er funded!

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:34:43 PM
ghostpilot (2)
< Little Mac >
England
Pledged for the boxed NES version!!! Can't waitt!! Streets of rage style beat em up next????

Youtube Channel - https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3...

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:23:46 PM
Davotron (10)
(Jordan D) < Eggplant Wizard >
South Australia
Is there any way to buy this now the campaign is finished?

Jun 20, 2015 at 4:44:06 PM
Gamester81 (1)
< Little Mac >
Arizona
Originally posted by: Davotron

Is there any way to buy this now the campaign is finished?

Good question.  We are redoing our website and will have all our games including this one available for order on that. I'll let you know when that's updated and open.  

Thanks,

-John

Jun 20, 2015 at 7:32:35 PM
Davotron (10)
(Jordan D) < Eggplant Wizard >
South Australia
Thanks mate. Found out late about this but I would love a copy.

Nov 15, 2015 at 5:54:09 PM
mike87 (6)
< Crack Trooper >
New Jersey
update from gamester81,
Hey Mike,
Thanks for touching base about both games. Regarding Sydney Hunter and the Caverns fo Death for the SNES, we have created some new bosses and enemies which basically completes all the graphics/sprites for the game. We also have the audio and sountrack all completed as well, so it's just a matter of completing the programming. We have 8 of the levels complete at this point.

JB is taking more time than we'd like honestly, but it's also coming along. The music is complete and most of the graphics are complete as well. We're still ironing out the engine for the game, but once we get some bugs figured out, we'll be able to finish with the level builds. We have two programmers working on this.

Both of these projects are priorities for us to finish.

-John

Nov 16, 2015 at 4:11:26 PM
Gamester81 (1)
< Little Mac >
Arizona
Originally posted by: mike87

update from gamester81,
Hey Mike,
Thanks for touching base about both games. Regarding Sydney Hunter and the Caverns fo Death for the SNES, we have created some new bosses and enemies which basically completes all the graphics/sprites for the game. We also have the audio and sountrack all completed as well, so it's just a matter of completing the programming. We have 8 of the levels complete at this point.

JB is taking more time than we'd like honestly, but it's also coming along. The music is complete and most of the graphics are complete as well. We're still ironing out the engine for the game, but once we get some bugs figured out, we'll be able to finish with the level builds. We have two programmers working on this.

-John
Thanks Mike. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:14:59 AM
raiderblue17 (23)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Missouri
Originally posted by: Gamester81

Originally posted by: mike87

update from gamester81,
Hey Mike,

-John
Thanks Mike. 

Thanks for the udpate... looking forward to this.

My Items for Sale or Trade:  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15qyOsN-lU3VrVxNB4X2y...