Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Unlicensed Originals for Sale (GB / Sega MD) - Rockman, Castlevania, etc

Sep 14 at 9:51:07 AM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Sega Mega Drive (Genesis)

Magic Bubble (cart, box) - $100 OBO

This is the infamous Magic Bubble game for the Sega. It was programmed and developed by C&E of Taiwan, and was later bootlegged and sold in Korea. This is the *original* Taiwan version of the game.

The box has some tears in it, and is also quite rough; however, these cardboard box C&E Mega Drive games are quite hard to find, and the one in my personal collection is arguably just as ratty. 

As a fun fact, Magic Bubble was also released on the Famicom by C&E, though the Famicom version contains naked women. The Famicom version would later be turned into Soap Panic (by Hacker International) and Mermaids of Atlantis (censored) in the USA.

Thunderbolt II (cart) - $45 OBO

Thunderbolt II is a fun shooter developed in Taiwan for the Sega Mega Drive.

Game Boy / Game Boy Color / Game Boy Advance

Devil Island (CIB) (Castlevania 2: Moon Wind Chronicles, 惡魔城2 月風魔篇) - $80 OBO

This is an unlicensed game for the Game Boy Color. The game was likely to have been developed by Vast Fame, an unlicensed game company in Taiwan.

Devil Island is based on the Famicom game Getsu Fuuma Den, though the graphics have all been redone and have been Castlevania-styled.

The side of the box is lifting up; this is due to a problem with the game's design, where the manual is actually slightly too big for the box. All three copies of this game that I have ever found have had this same exact problem. Likewise, the box has been sunfaded, likewise a common problem for all the copies I've ever found here.

Rockman 5 EXE (CIB) - $50 OBO

Rockman 5 EXE is an original unlicensed game for the Game Boy Advance. Developed and published by the unlicensed game company, Sintax of Taiwan, this game features characters from the Rockman games. Although the game is for the Game Boy Advance, I believe it's based on GBC architecture.

For those who are curious, Sintax developed over 100 original games for the Game Boy Color / Advance, though only about 1/3 are accounted for.

-------------------------
-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...