Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"Gamers' Block"

May 8, 2012 at 1:46:30 PM
Natendo (87)
(The artist formerly known as Nechestriah) < Ridley Wrangler >
Georgia
Yup, it happens to me every day. I'm in the middle of around.... 287 games right now because of it.

-------------------------
youtube.com/user/natebit

WTB: 
Rescue Rangers 2 Manual  •  Fire N Ice Manual  •  Rad Racer 3D Glasses
Also, I'm always hunting for Complete Nintendo Powers and  loose Box/Manuals for NES - PM me if you have any extras!

May 8, 2012 at 2:03:39 PM
Dendy (25)
(Anton Dokuchaev) < Meka Chicken >
Netherlands
I have this all the time too, very annoying actually... Don't have much time to play anyway but when I get a minute and want to play, get that feeling... and I know I can spend time playing but I don't and it gets even worse...

CNG - Dutch collectors and gaming forum - Classic Nintendo Gaming Forum (NES/Famicom/SNES/N64/GameBoy & GW)
www.nintendoforum.nl...

May 8, 2012 at 7:25:14 PM
Austin (72)
(Austin M) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
I get this feeling a lot. Even when I was on vacation for the last couple of weeks, I still felt that way. Maybe it comes with having a large collection, or, maybe it comes with having too much on my plate (other responsibilities and urges with other hobbies)? Or maybe I am just getting old. Been playing games consistently for a good majority of my life, so maybe it's a sign of burnout.

| gameplay and talk |

Edited: 05/08/2012 at 07:25 PM by Austin

May 9, 2012 at 12:08:40 PM
VenusSatanas (0)
(Venus Satanas) < Crack Trooper >
Florida
what the hell people?!?! You need gamertherapy, Nightowlrjm this is how you get over that block:

I know exactly what feeling that it feels like to have a proliferation of games and systems, and yet have no desire to play them..or to choose a game that *was* fun years ago yet seems so dinky and silly now....so you just have to say to yourself that certain games that are like that are really good for practice. Practice on your 8 bit games will challenge your mind and your reflexes so that when you play more complex games on a newer system, its more fun and you die less!

Be open to the ''feeling'' of wanting to play, and go for it! Even if its just for 10 minutes. dont beat yourself up for it or ask ''whats it all for?''..Youre a gamer at heart and you love nintendo, so spend some time lovin' your NES and it will love you back

I switch between my NES, SNES and PS2 - I have different kinds of games for different moods that I am in. Right now, i have Bionic Commando in my NES, Super Metroid in my SNES, and Shadow of the Colossus in my PS2.. plus i have other games for these systems that allows me to play any kind of game.

I usually leave my game TV on and have at least one system on at all times - my PS2 .. Since I camp out here on the couch at night, I can just turn the TV on and press the start button to unpause my game, then have some fun for a few minutes, put it down and come back to it when I get in the mood again.

Im sure that some of you went through this same thing when you were much younger. I know that I did.. my brother and I had 20+ games for our nes, 10 games for the SNES, atari and also a gameboy.. and there were times during the summer that I would get bored with trying to beat ninja gaiden or mike tyson punch out,....at that point, i would pop in my RPG game to totally change up my style and to ''grind'' levels, or complete a quest.

"Kyu...Kyu.."

May 9, 2012 at 12:19:44 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Easy enough to do when you have a handful of games. When your collection spans 30 consoles and well over 3000 titles, sometimes it's a bit difficult to decide what you feel like playing. Just throwing that out there.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee