Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zero Feedback Ebay Buyers? Do you stay away?

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:43:30 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: xMaGuSx

Originally posted by: quest4nes

orange boxes were garbage?

I dont think people who want to just watch the show give a crap about cropping etc. The orange boxes had the option for the english faulconer music which is probably what alot of people who want to watch the show want anyway. Its dragonball z for godsake lol. Its not that serious.

I understand there are better qualities of the show released. But garbage? pretty hyperbole.
Whatever you say Quest lol You never can understand that someone may have a different opinion than you for some reason. Just cause i think it is garbage doesn't mean it is, you might think it is great. I think they suck, the colors are overblown and it is cropped horribly. We go through this a lot it seems because my opinions seem to anger you. 

For some of us, cropping a giant portion of the image off IS a big deal. For some scenes krillin and gohan can be completely cut out because of their height. Totally cool if you don't mind it. Just means you can get a cheaper set and enjoy it. It is one of my favorite series, so for this one i treated myself to getting in the best quality i could. For other shows i don't care as much.

But i am also the guy that has a PVM and goes through great lengths to play in RGB and get the best looking image i can, when others are totally fine with S-video or even playing on a flat screen. To each their own dude.

Based on the sale price of these discs you clearly aren't the only one who thinks this way. 

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:50:01 PM
Scrooge McDuck (0)
< Crack Trooper >

Originally posted by: Scrooge McDuck

Asking in here as well, I'm having a problem with a 0 buyer on ebay. He bought some ps2/ps3 game cases with the manuals but he was expecting the games to be with these cases but I stated in bold that there are no games with this listing and I showed in the pictures and now he wants a refund. Can ebay force me to refund him when I've done no wrong here?
No you should be good, if you said in the listing it had no games, that is their problem. Unless you have returns enabled.

Yes I have "No Games" in the title and "No Games included with this listing" in the description. Returns aren't enabled.

I have no idea how they didn't the title, I understand skipping the item description but not paying attention to what the title just yells scammer to me.

-------------------------
Games I'm Trying To Complete

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:51:57 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Buyatari

Based on the sale price of these discs you clearly aren't the only one who thinks this way. 
Yeah there is a solid group of people who really love the series and this is the holy grail for them, that is why it is so expensive. For now at least! They may release it again in an uncropped format with both the soundtracks and restored image quality though and then i am sure these will plummett in value. 

gamevaluenow

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:53:54 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts

Asking in here as well, I'm having a problem with a 0 buyer on ebay. He bought some ps2/ps3 game cases with the manuals but he was expecting the games to be with these cases but I stated in bold that there are no games with this listing and I showed in the pictures and now he wants a refund. Can ebay force me to refund him when I've done no wrong here?
No you should be good, if you said in the listing it had no games, that is their problem. Unless you have returns enabled.

Yes I have "No Games" in the title and "No Games included with this listing" in the description. Returns aren't enabled.

I have no idea how they didn't the title, I understand skipping the item description but not paying attention to what the title just yells scammer to me.

Yeah you should be good because you very clearly labeled them. That mistake is not on your end, they need to learn how to read before they buy. If ebay did side with the buyer i would be shocked. I know ebay can be sketchy for sellers but that is a whole new low for them. 

What was their reasoning for the return? How did they justify their dumb mistake lol

gamevaluenow

Jun 11, 2018 at 6:02:45 PM
Scrooge McDuck (0)
< Crack Trooper >

I have no idea how they didn't the title, I understand skipping the  but not paying attention to what the title just yells scammer to me.

Yeah you should be good because you very clearly labeled them. That mistake is not on your end, they need to learn how to read before they buy. If ebay did side with the buyer i would be shocked. I know ebay can be sketchy for sellers but that is a whole new low for them. 

What was their reasoning for the return? How did they justify their dumb mistake lol

They thought the games were included so since there are no games they want their money back. I replied this is on your end, I stated it clearly in the item description and in the title that no games we included with this listing. As of right now I'm still waiting to hear back from them. If they don't respond how long will it take for ebay to close it?

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:16:51 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Originally posted by: quest4nes

orange boxes were garbage?

I dont think people who want to just watch the show give a crap about cropping etc. The orange boxes had the option for the english faulconer music which is probably what alot of people who want to watch the show want anyway. Its dragonball z for godsake lol. Its not that serious.

I understand there are better qualities of the show released. But garbage? pretty hyperbole.
Whatever you say Quest lol You never can understand that someone may have a different opinion than you for some reason. Just cause i think it is garbage doesn't mean it is, you might think it is great. I think they suck, the colors are overblown and it is cropped horribly. We go through this a lot it seems because my opinions seem to anger you. If you think i am exaggerating that is fine, but to me the issues are legit. 

For some of us, cropping a giant portion of the image off IS a big deal. For some scenes krillin and gohan can be completely cut out because of their height. Totally cool if you don't mind it. Just means you can get a cheaper set and enjoy it. It is one of my favorite series, so for this one i treated myself to getting in the best quality i could. For other shows i don't care as much.

But i am also the guy that has a PVM and goes through great lengths to play in RGB and get the best looking image i can, when others are totally fine with S-video or even playing on a flat screen. To each their own dude.

I phrased it wrong. I understand diehards want it one way. 700 dollar way sounds a little much but to each their own.Im talking about the vast majority nostalgia just want to rewatch the show type people. Orange box set i understsnd isnt as good quality. Its far from garbage though. The faulconer music score option alone makes it serviceable. I had a few of the orange ones back in the day. I didnt even notice the cropping. Vast majority of people wouldnt unless pointed out.

im not angry at you lol. Im just saying you were using a little hyperbole when talking up the set you got vs the cheaper dvd sets. I understand the quality is worse. No ones mad here. I just roll my eyes a little when people overuse those type phrases "its garbage" " its trash". Just so overused today. Reserve those type phrases for actual garbage. You can have your opinion. I just commented. I wasnt fighting you. I know the dragon boxes are better quality

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 06/11/2018 at 07:35 PM by quest4nes

Jun 12, 2018 at 12:45:55 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

What category did you list it in?

Jun 12, 2018 at 1:14:54 PM
Scrooge McDuck (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: pats1717

What category did you list it in?

"Manual's, Inserts and Boxart"

Jun 12, 2018 at 1:43:43 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts

Even better then. 

gamevaluenow

Jun 12, 2018 at 11:42:34 PM
Scrooge McDuck (0)
< Crack Trooper >

Even better then. 

How long does it usually take for ebay to close the return claim and return my money? Because this dipshit hasn't responded since he opened it yesterday.

Edited: 06/12/2018 at 11:43 PM by Scrooge McDuck

Jun 13, 2018 at 12:56:04 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Even better then. 

How long does it usually take for ebay to close the return claim and return my money? Because this dipshit hasn't responded since he opened it yesterday.

you need to call them and get it closed. Dont let the buyer escalate the claim. Escalating a claim is one of the 2 things that actually hurt your metrics for top rated seller. If the date on the case for them to respond or ship has passed. Call them. Theyll rule it in your favor and drop it and the buyer has no recourse.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 06/13/2018 at 12:57 AM by quest4nes

Jun 13, 2018 at 1:13:01 AM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia

I mean... taken at face value, this sentence makes absolutely no sense at all. I know what you mean, because of context. But I don't see how you can criticize other people's comprehension, if this is how you communicate in writing.

Jun 13, 2018 at 2:03:44 AM
Scrooge McDuck (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: gunpei

I mean... taken at face value, this sentence makes absolutely no sense at all. I know what you mean, because of context. But I don't see how you can criticize other people's comprehension, if this is how you communicate in writing.

Maybe because I was scammed by a zero rated buyer before and once they get away with it they'll continue coming back with differant accounts and last time I lost over $75 because ebay sided with them and this time I clearly stated in both my listing title and description that no games were included and I showed pictures that only the cases and manuals were for sale and this person is in the same city as the scammer before him and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to read and undestand that no games what so ever were included. 

I asked for help not some snobbish remarks about how I communicate in writing. If my previous post seems off to you, English professor, its called being on a phone and worried about my brother and him trying to commit suicide because we lost our dad in Octorber, paying my moms utility bills and dealing with a piece of shit scammer.

If you aint gonna help dont fucking bother replying.

Jun 13, 2018 at 2:10:11 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
Wow dude, ok, sorry if I hurt your feelings, I certainly was not looking down on you or whatever.

May 29 at 12:24:36 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
What did you end up doing?

I'm actually looking to sell this set as well. I almost sold it a year ago to a 0 feedback buyer. However, turns out the guy had another eBay account. When I asked why he didn't use that one he told me it was 3AM and he was too drunk to sign into his normal account.

I have a bunch of anime that I can't watch anymore because I have no time. I want to start selling it but don't want to get screwed.

May 29 at 12:38:12 PM
Space Jockey (145)
( Xenomorph ) < King Solomon >
Washington
I almost never have issues with new people. Plus everyone has to start somewhere. It usually is the 100-200 feedback buyers who are super particular and get anal about the littlest things when you ship.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7855-4097-7884

Originally posted by: Space Jockey
Originally posted by: Guntz
On a more serious note, I've played EarthBound today for so long, I feel all tense and mentally worn out.
Then you called your mother and felt better?

May 29 at 1:05:58 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Had a zero feedback buyer buy something for $1500 from me. It ended up going well. You have to give them a chance.

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread