Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Snake's Revenge?

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:00:18 AM
Dregoth (0)

< Cherub >
Has anyone tried Snake's Revenge? My copy works on a regular NES but freezes in the opening jungle on the AVS. Tried it many times. On the NES I can progress all the way inside the first building and beyond. No freezes at all.

I've already spoken with support and verified there's no green strip. They said they'd look into it, but I wanted to see if anyone else can replicate this problem.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:31:10 AM
vsaari (0)

< Cherub >
I assume you have already tried changing your AVS to PAL (even if the game is NTSC) and removing Extra Sprites?

Apr 8, 2017 at 12:04:39 AM
Dregoth (0)

< Cherub >
I took off the extra sprites but hadn't tried PAL. That produced an amusing result: the game was more or less stable but the music was slowed down like Snake was high on something. Some graphical glitches occurred when switching between the game and equipment/transceiver screens, but I was able to make it into the first building.

Anyway, back to my original question. Can someone else who owns a copy give it a run? I'd just like to confirm it's not a problem with my cart (which wouldn't make sense as it works on real NES).

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:54:11 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Dregoth
Anyway, back to my original question. Can someone else who owns a copy give it a run? I'd just like to confirm it's not a problem with my cart (which wouldn't make sense as it works on real NES).
Snake's Revenge runs fine on mine.

Apr 9, 2017 at 2:50:40 PM
Dregoth (0)

< Cherub >
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Huh. And you can make it through the jungle without a freeze?

I don't really know what to make of it if it's not a problem for anyone else. I guess my cart is incompatible with the AVS?

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:41:58 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Dregoth

Originally posted by: Tulpa

Huh. And you can make it through the jungle without a freeze?

I don't really know what to make of it if it's not a problem for anyone else. I guess my cart is incompatible with the AVS?
It happens with some games. My AVS does not like Xexyz. Tried two carts and all the firmware. RetroUSB support is aware of it.

But Xexyz does work on Bunnyboy's AVS (his personal one), and a few other people haven't seen the problem (or firmware fixed it.)

Edited: 04/09/2017 at 03:43 PM by Tulpa