NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

MINT Nintendo Power First Issue

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:29:05 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
(Kenny Boy) < Master Higgins >
Colorado
I'll just say you should add the "or best offer" option to your auction, and see what kind of offers you get. You don't have to take anything unless you like it. Then you can come back and let us know how you did. Plenty of healthy competition for Nintendo items on ebay right now.

-------------------------
Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:29:47 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
agreed

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:35:21 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: MinusWorlds

Originally posted by: fri

WHOA. lolz. HOW WAS I GOING TO KNOW WHAT WAS IN THE ENVELOPE W OUT OPENING IT? Should I borrow some fiber optic equipment from the feds? Seriously, what is your train of thought on this? Besides, cgc opens the bag to grade it.
And try sending a valuable, unopened envelope to a grading company and see if it ever even gets returned to you. lol. You'll get a diff copy back, maybe.

No offense to your personal interests, but a nice magazine is a way better collectible than a cello-sealed game that you can never open and play. Who wants to display a video game wrapped in cello? You can't even see the box good because of the glare from the cellophane!

This item is in mint condition because it has never been read (brand-new condition), and, it is for a fact in the identical condition as the moment it was produced by the publisher. ('Minted', derived from numismatics). Whether there may be minor white spots is irrelevant because they are not damage or wear, but a product of the manufacturing (printing) process.
Yes, when i say something is mint, I mean it.

Look at my Near Mint copy. It appears to be in better condition. No "white spots" or "lift". But it is not. Because it is not in MINT condition. (It has been exposed to body acid from fingers, there are scuffs and scratches on the cover difficult to see with the naked eye, etc.) Any further analyses of the mint magazine's condition only serves to define what grade of mint condition. You really can't grade it the same way you'd grade a comic book, either. That's not fair, it would be like grading a baseball card with the system used to grade a coin. Magazines don't get graded quite like comics, they're a little different. Just look at some of the stuff on ebay. People offer crumpled up old mags, say they're in 'good' condition, and people buy them for a lot of money! That would never fly with a comic book! I know.

Show me this exact quality item selling for the type of money you games guys are talking about, and I'll agree. Fact, I'll buy it!!

I've already watched this item sell rapidly on Amazon.com for $150 in 'near mint condition', no envelopes, magazine only with poster. I guarantee [GUARANTEE] that my Near Mint copy is in better shape than that one.

Ima take gixmaster advice n send it in for grading. That usually doubles the value of a collectible anyway, whatever the value is.

Dude let's not get into a pissin match here.  I wasn't trying to offend you but whenever you take something out of it's original packaging it loses value. period. Your absolutely wrong about the sealed games vs. magazines.  I crap games that are worth more than your NP dude. 

Honestly I disagree.   This isn't a video game its a magazine.    Magazines are best graded by CGC not VGA.   The CGC grade won't be affected by whether its sealed and in fact as I think the OP said they will opened anything in a sealed polybag in order to grade it.

As a seller your target audience for something like is a comic collector that likes nintendo, rather than a pure nintendo collector.

As such, comic collecting 'rules' apply not game rules, and nobody in comics would give two shits about the polybag.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 12/19/2011 at 05:40 PM by Bronty

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:38:26 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
that being said, it really doesn't look that mint as others have said, and certainly it appears way overpriced.    An honest to goodness mint specimen might have decent value though.  

Edited: 12/19/2011 at 05:39 PM by Bronty

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:11:50 PM
p33jay (55)
(Allen (PJ) The Awesome) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: qixmaster

Originally posted by: p33jay

Why are we still giving clown shoes here the time of day? Did he get banned yet..

edit: on the hall of shame post qix banned him.

LOCK PLEASE.

different guy - this guy is fine.  He can sell his items for whatever he wants, this is a price check thread.

meant to post in the OTHER price check. about the castle cart. had too many tabs open.

MY APOLOGIES SIR.

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:15:51 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands
Originally posted by: Mindl3ss

Edited for an honest answer:

Your price seems a little out there.

If you want to compare it to mint sealed games, don't compare it to the games that are truly rare. It's more uncommon than anything.

True and even an uncommon sealed game's fetching much more than $150.  Just saying...

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:52:08 PM
fri (0)

(french fri) < Cherub >
Nevada
This is AWESOME! lol=) I have no idea where you all get the idea that this item should have remained unopened. It must be the cellophane obsession on here.

I know that at least the first several issues came in the identical same mailing envelope, so how would you know which issue it was w out opening it? Are folks assuming that I've held the item for 25 years? Sadly, no. I got it a couple of weeks ago doing a clean out with my buddy. The homeowner put this huge stack of mags out with the trash and told me to keep them because they might be worth a few dollars. This is not some story, it's how I got these magazines. So I kept them to read, I had no idea that they could be even worth my time to sell on ebay.
I didn't even know nes games were collectible and even valuable until a couple weeks ago! I've been passing up some good stuff. Items like this are commonplace in Las Vegas. You should've seen the house we helped clean out. The dude is making his way to forbes list. You wouldn't even believe all the other stuff this guy gave us and the stuff he threw in the trash. Trust that he could not care less.

It would be a lot less confusing in here if you all just contradicted each other and not yourselves so much... jus sayin! =)

Oh, and btw, no, a crumpled copy of action comics #1 will sell for only a one thousandth to one five-thousandth of what the best condition million- dollar copy (which happens to be owned by the father of a childhood friend of mine) is worth. (One million dollars).

Not what I would call top dollar for an item that people generalize as the holy grail of comic collecting. There are comics from the 90's (the pit of damnation of comic collecting) that can bring more money than a crumpled copy of action #1.

The simple fact of the matter is that this is the only item of it's kind on the market right now.

@So jealous!?

Haha yo I'm gonna go buy the tournament cartridge this guy in henderson is selling just so you guys can't have it! AND I'm gonna PUT IT IN AN NES AND PLAY IT!!!! HAHAHA It's not cello wrapped, and I wouldn't want it to be! haha i am evil

Yo JosephLeo, that IS smart thinking! Good call! However, no you are wrong. No post date. :

BULK RATE
U.S. Postage
PAID
Permit No.3355
Des Moines, IA

No date.

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:57:48 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands
Dear Fri. Suck a dick. That is all.

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:59:09 PM
fri (0)

(french fri) < Cherub >
Nevada
I know I'm not posting properly, my bad, I haven't been on a site like this since the bbs and 2400bd(read: POWER) modem days.

You guys hafta see this though lol I watched this video with my buddy and it really cracked us up. Some guy in the southeast valley thinks he has every nintendo item and game ever made and he is currently selling the whole collection.

And he's totally kooky. 80's style.

Here's the youtube link, you hafta watch it! =)

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:02:45 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
But that would strengthen his (faulty) argument. He figures a mint copy of the mag should be worth what a mint game is (wrong).

Its like a mag about sportscards or a mag about comics or coins or stamps are never worth what the items themselves are worth. A copy of the first overstreet guide which is probably the most important book related to comic collecting ever published, and relatively scarce at only 1000 copies, can be had for a very modest amount. Say 500 bucks in typical condition. Whereas there have been several million dollar sales of comics themselves.

I.e. people want to collect the genuine article not the derivative products. I.e. the games or coins or stamps not the magazines that talk about the games or coins or stamps. If the magazine is itself the genuine article (ie playboy #1) then that's different.

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:09:03 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Bronty

I.e. people want to collect the genuine article not the derivative products. I.e. the games or coins or stamps not the magazines that talk about the games or coins or stamps. If the magazine is itself the genuine article (ie playboy #1) then that's different.

Like Becketts to sports cards.  They are not even worth the cost of shipping.  At least NP mags are a bit better than that.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:09:39 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
I don't think he will ever get it so trying to explain it is moot.

Delusional.

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:12:30 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

Oh, and btw, no, a crumpled copy of action comics #1 will sell for only a one thousandth to one five-thousandth of what the best condition million- dollar copy (which happens to be owned by the father of a childhood friend of mine) is worth. (One million dollars).

with all due respect you have no clue what you are talking about.    A COVERLESS action 1 would be at least 30k + these days and probably 40k or more.   Single pages! have sold for 6-7k, so you could even take a coverless copy, part out the pages and get the 30 or 40k as a minimum.    No 90s comic comes close, and a crumpled (with cover) action 1 is worth far more than 1/1000 of a million bucks, which is only $1000.    You literally can't buy a single page of action 1 for the prices you are talking about.   Let alone a crumpled copy.

I bet you could sell just the cover (wrap) by itself for another 30k or more.   Someone could take that cover, put it together with their coverless copy, and have a book worth six figures or close to.

Not to even mention that the million dollar copy is NOT the best copy (4th best if its lucky behind the mile high, the 9.0, and the 8.5) nor is it the highest price paid (behind the 2.2m and 1.5m copies which are the 9.0 and the 8.5).

Edited: 12/19/2011 at 07:19 PM by Bronty

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:14:01 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: jonebone

Originally posted by: Bronty

Like Becketts to sports cards.  They are not even worth the cost of shipping.  At least NP mags are a bit better than that.

yes and yes!

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:18:52 PM
T3rra (85)
(Terra ) < King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: videogamedomain

I don't think he will ever get it so trying to explain it is moot.

Delusional.

Exactly. The weeks of knowledge he's gained since he found out NES games could be worth something obviously outweighs the decades, or even centuries, of collective knowledge here.

I think Bronty has made the most valid comparisons.

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:22:05 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands
I just like that Bronty said "derivative" he's so sexy.

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:23:43 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
aw shucks (blushing)

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:25:48 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands
I can't wait to rub my bum on your head, bring some baby oil please. Oh and Chocolate Thunder too.

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:48:09 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
(Kenny Boy) < Master Higgins >
Colorado
Yeah, you shouldn't try to flex your comic knowledge when Bronty is present, just sayin'...

Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:28:32 PM
fri (0)

(french fri) < Cherub >
Nevada
you think a becket or an overstreet is a magazine about the actual article, but a playboy is the actual article.

Wow you need some vegas for real.

And no comic collector in the world would ever pay that kind of money for any trashed comic whatsoever.

Nope. You can say this is worth that, that is worth this, blahblahblah what you say is completely irrelevant or for fools only.

I came here because I was interested in finding out about an actual transaction, which is what sets market value. Nothing else means a thing. Once it changes hands, that sets comparative value.

Now who doesn't know what they're talking about? I grew up in the back of a comic shop owned by one of the top collectors in the country. Whom actually handles actual transactions on a daily basis. In the actual real world.

You all make lots of words without saying anything. I'm not gonna take the time here to point out how most of you keep contradicting yourselves and each other.

k bye thanks for reminding me not to get too into this stuff

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:40:24 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
you may have grown up in a comic shop but you sure didn't learn anything while you were there.

5 seconds of internet searching led me to this coverless copy sold for $33k this year http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?sa...

come back when you grab a clue.

Edited: 12/19/2011 at 08:40 PM by Bronty

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:44:39 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
This post is for general interest and not for Fri since he is the most Clueless guy around, but the owner had an offer of 44k on it already (as this was bought before the price escalation).
--------------
Sold for: $33,460.00 (includes BP )

Currency Converter
Bid Source: Live: Phone
Make Offer:
You now have the opportunity to acquire very rare items that may not be auctioned again for some time by making an anonymous offer that will make the owner sell.

Offers to date: $44,000 on November 18, 2011

Auction Ended On: May 5, 2011
Item Activity: 11 Internet/mail/phone bidders
1,837 page views

Edited: 12/19/2011 at 08:52 PM by Bronty

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:49:26 PM
MoeDown (72)
(big hed) < El Ripper >
United States
.......and the "Bitch-Slap-Of-The-Day" goes to ....... Bronty!!!!!!!

(applause)

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:50:54 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
Damn, bad day to be a douche around here. Good job guys.

Edited: 12/19/2011 at 08:53 PM by Laserman

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:58:58 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
After reading the ENTIRE thread, I only have one question.
If you know what exactly you have, the exact condition it in and how much it is worth, why did you ask for our help?

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!