Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo Switch Collectors Discussion Thread V2 The Switch Goodness Continues....

Aug 28 at 6:52:07 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: AC Skywalker

Thanks Jone, for $3 can't go wrong.

For Bastion? For full price you can't go wrong, for $3 it's probably the best gaming deal I've ever heard of in my life. Bastion is one of those gaming experiences I'm going to remember when I'm 80, and it was probably my favourite game of whatever year it came out. If you don't buy it for $3 I'm gonna be mad at you.

-------------------------
www.videogamesage.com...

Aug 28 at 6:58:14 PM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Originally posted by: Quaze

For Bastion? For full price you can't go wrong, for $3 it's probably the best gaming deal I've ever heard of in my life. Bastion is one of those gaming experiences I'm going to remember when I'm 80, and it was probably my favourite game of whatever year it came out. If you don't buy it for $3 I'm gonna be mad at you.

Geez Quaze, I can't have that.  Good thing I bought it already   

havent played it Yet though, I think I’ll start it tomorrow.

Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Aug 28 at 7:20:39 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

Originally posted by: Quaze

Geez Quaze, I can't have that.  Good thing I bought it already   

havent played it Yet though, I think I’ll start it tomorrow.

You did the right thing, AC, you really did. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

www.videogamesage.com...

Edited: 08/29/2019 at 10:02 AM by Quaze

Aug 29 at 8:08:46 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Been playing Bastion for a while this morning, yup it's a great game. Coupled with the fact that it was only $3 and change makes this one of my best gaming purchases in quite some time.

Currently looking for:

Aug 29 at 1:42:45 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon

Been playing Bastion for a while this morning, yup it's a great game. Coupled with the fact that it was only $3 and change makes this one of my best gaming purchases in quite some time.

Downloaded this ad well! Couldn't pass it up for 3 bones! Haven't fired it up yet but looking forward to it! Been playing X-Morph Defense which is pretty fun! I enjoy a good tower defense game here and there and had been looking for a decent one on Switch. This is probably the best I've played on Switch besides Pixel Junk Monsters 2. Nice mix of tower defense and twin stick shooter.

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Aug 29 at 2:01:24 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
I played through Bastion back on 360 and thought it was merely okay. Then again I wasn't playing a lot of "indy/retro" styled games at the time, so perhaps that could change with a revisit. I skipped Transistor from LRG, but I guess I could think about getting the inevitable Bastion physical

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Aug 29 at 5:32:01 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Looks like La Mulana 1 + 2 and Slay the Spire physicals are coming

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Aug 30 at 9:24:09 AM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Other

I am so glad I waited on picking up the rockman/megaman games now! 
This releases Dec 19th in Japan (I have not seen anything on a western release..yet..), all phycially on cards, think there are 5 to the
set so its the entire Rockman 1-10, and RockmanX 1-8
Basically the same collections we already seen released but all in one package and to my understanding they all have english option 
This set also includes Rockman 11 Gear of Destiny and a mini script for it, arcylic stand and a storage box for all the game cases
and if I read shit right there is also a space left for the upcoming Rockman Zero collection that it coming in January. 

I ordered mine from here (ended up cheaper that what Amazon has it listed for)
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/...;

However Amazon JP has it up for pre-order as well
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/produ... but I would presume Play Asia, NinNinGame will have this up soon as well.
Oh, and the same set is availabe for PS4 incase anyone wants that instead...*shrugs* 

Edited: 08/30/2019 at 09:41 AM by MuNKeY

Aug 31 at 6:51:35 AM
Maartenvdzwaan (4)

< Tourian Tourist >
This is great, are you sure that 1-10 are on cart ? I can't find an english description for this yet. It would be great to have 9 and 10 in physical format.

Aug 31 at 11:55:03 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Eeehhhhh. Still not big on Mega Man. Will have to pass. Nice convenient set though for those who dig it.

Sep 01 at 5:15:07 PM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Released games updated, I am sure I asked already but can't remember and don't want to try and find the posts. Since these "games with only a download code inside" are being sold at retail, am I adding them to the list? With comments like the other games about "code only"

Edit 1 - Updated LRG, SRG and Play Asia Exclusives

Edit 2 - added  A LOT of games to the upcoming games list.  Check out the newly added titles

Also - if anyone wants to help with the PAL exclusives and Asian exclusives that would be a big help

Currently looking for:

Edited: 09/01/2019 at 06:40 PM by AC Skywalker

Sep 01 at 6:23:56 PM
Gutling (133)

< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Yeah i think they should with comment code only. the fact its a retail release case at least lol.

Sep 01 at 7:51:59 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

Released games updated, I am sure I asked already but can't remember and don't want to try and find the posts. Since these "games with only a download code inside" are being sold at retail, am I adding them to the list? With comments like the other games about "code only"

Edit 2 - added  A LOT of games to the upcoming games list.  Check out the newly added titles

Also - if anyone wants to help with the PAL exclusives and Asian exclusives that would be a big help

I still dont think those games (code in box) dont count for anything. It's basically a gift box. Its not a retail release its an eshop game that grandparents can get for the grandkids because its too hard to figure out that "world wide web gaming"

Edit: I also think* that all actual physical releases are required to launch at a $30 price point. Though I could be wrong on that. I think I read that somewhere. 

Edited: 09/01/2019 at 07:54 PM by leatherrebel5150

Sep 02 at 6:39:01 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Originally posted by: leatherrebel5150

I still dont think those games (code in box) dont count for anything. It's basically a gift box. Its not a retail release its an eshop game that grandparents can get for the grandkids because its too hard to figure out that "world wide web gaming"

Edit: I also think* that all actual physical releases are required to launch at a $30 price point. Though I could be wrong on that. I think I read that somewhere. 

Just because it’s not a cart in the box shouldn’t be a knock on a retail release. Switch has a crazy amount of regional exclusives and death squared was the first big exclusive. I don’t see how you can draw a line between retail releases only due to cart vs download code 

Sep 02 at 9:31:39 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: romiked2689

Just because it’s not a cart in the box shouldn’t be a knock on a retail release. Switch has a crazy amount of regional exclusives and death squared was the first big exclusive. I don’t see how you can draw a line between retail releases only due to cart vs download code 

I draw the line at it being a physical release, because what this ultimatley comes down to is what should be considered part of a collection "set" unless I'm miss interpreting the whole inclusion conversation. I'm looking down the road at when someone is going to go for a full Switch set and how could it possibly count when the only thing that will exist is a box because there won't be a code to use anymore by way of previous owner redemption or the eshop shuts down.

Sep 02 at 10:01:11 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
All points are valid, which is why I opened it up for discussion.

Now if I add them and say "no physical cart, download code only" then maybe people can decide for themselves if they want to count it or not? We already have plenty of collections where I've had to put "game x download only" so it seems like the same thing?

Currently looking for:

Sep 02 at 10:09:29 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland

Originally posted by: romiked2689

I draw the line at it being a physical release, because what this ultimatley comes down to is what should be considered part of a collection "set" unless I'm miss interpreting the whole inclusion conversation. I'm looking down the road at when someone is going to go for a full Switch set and how could it possibly count when the only thing that will exist is a box because there won't be a code to use anymore by way of previous owner redemption or the eshop shuts down.

Switch is gonna be an odd set to collect for so many limited run companies all with Nintendo lincensed retail releases. Do you collect only games released in stores? Do we not include Europe limited run companies even tho they will happily ship to USA and abroad! My favorite are the sticker included first prints and even those started with binding of Isaac and that was a crappy 3rd party seal that I’m sure anyone can reproduce. 

Sep 02 at 10:28:24 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
By "odd set" do you mean frustratingly difficult? Then yes I agree with you  

Currently looking for:

Sep 02 at 10:59:21 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Avalanche of preorders should be the term that defines switch collecting. I enjoy how super rare games handles games much more then any other company. Selection isn't the best. Then you have companies like red art games and new companies starting up where do you draw the line?

What's the grail the Khaki labo switch? I'm assuming switch kiosks will be readily available one day since the Wii U kiosk flood made display collecting flourish. Super rare games also did those awesome dev plaques for Lovers and human fall flat.

I've been buying switch since it's release but have gotten bitten hard lately! Oh snap how could I forget limited run is releasing the printing plates. Who does that no one. Most printing companies destroy those as part of the process

Sep 02 at 11:32:09 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
I didn't even know about Red Art Games, ugh another one to track.

Currently looking for:

Sep 02 at 12:30:01 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
These limited production companies are turning into the video gaming versions of streaming services. They are all going to go under in glorious fashion. I assume a few will screw over customers in the process.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Sep 02 at 2:14:03 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

I didn't even know about Red Art Games, ugh another one to track.

I think there is like 6 or so limited release companies.

The only US ones are (if I remember right):
LRG
Special Reserve Games
iam8bit

There are a few others that arn't limited pressings but only offer stuff through direct order like:
Skybound
Dispatch Games
Even SquareEnix did it with Lost Sphere.

I haven't kept up with the foreign limited print companies since Im only interested in NA stuff

Sep 02 at 2:15:41 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Just watch out for Warned Collectors. They seem to be the first limited print scam company

Sep 02 at 3:20:19 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Other
Originally posted by: Maartenvdzwaan

This is great, are you sure that 1-10 are on cart ? I can't find an english description for this yet. It would be great to have 9 and 10 in physical format.

From what I read, the releases are all on cart(s) basicly this set is identical to the JP releases of Rockman Collection 1&2, Rockman X Anniverery 1&2 as those 4 games (sets) did see 2 releases each (one being physical/digital akin to the US release and the other being full on physical, or I think that was how it went...don't hold me to that if I got that bit wrong) but i'm about 90% postitive that all games in THIS release are indeed physically on the cart, no download codes or the like, and seeing this set was annouced shortly after Rockman Zero/ZX collection with the mention of all those games being on cart with no download codes, which personally I think Capcom should had done this properly from the get go instead of batching em all up towards then end and be like "Oh sorry we pissed you off before here is a proper one, but you have to buy em all or none..." thing. /salty

Sep 02 at 3:22:44 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Other

Just watch out for Warned Collectors. They seem to be the first limited print scam company

Indeed, be very aware of this one! (already posted my dealings some time ago, and nothing has improved/changed with that company since then)