Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

A different kind of fun Nintendo post Old old school Nintendo photos

Jan 26 at 2:05:45 PM
1upped (40)
(A S) < El Ripper >
United States
Going through some of my garage, I found some neat Nintendo history that I purchased quite a few years ago. I have no idea what era they are from since I can't read the Japanese on the back, but I do know Nintendo sold a lot of toy product prior to their video games. Thought some of you might enjoy  

-------------------------
Are you clever enough to unravel the mystery of Clu Clu land?

Jan 26 at 4:55:11 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Very nice. I have some of their gambling devices they made.
I will post pics later.

Jan 26 at 5:38:59 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Right on DVD

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 26 at 7:05:55 PM
CBsRetroTs (3)
< Crack Trooper >
California
Wait.....was their old logo a Kangaroo with a Joey? Wow. Or what's the text on the kangaroo? My next point being....are there any games with a kangaroo in it that I'm not immediately thinking of? It seems like (once again I'm not sure if that was their logo) if a kangaroo was at point their logo they would have held onto that idea to some degree? What am I missing? Great stuff though!

I'm on Instagram as @CBsRetroTs. I collect mainly vintage gaming apparel, but you will see other stuff screaming nostalgia as well! WTB: Vintage Gaming Apparel and Promo Apparel (shirts, hats, jackets), NWC 1990 Shirt FT/FO: Always open to ideas!

Jan 26 at 11:45:39 PM
GCrites80s (0)
(G Crites) < El Ripper >
Ohio
I wonder if these we're grab 'n gos for Japanese businessmen to pick up for their kids when they were leaving Nintendo's strip joints back then -- like toys in truck stops in the States. Probably not though since the strip joints were likely before that.

Jan 27 at 5:05:52 AM
GreenKoopa (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Victoria
Originally posted by: CBsRetroTs

Wait.....was their old logo a Kangaroo with a Joey? Wow. Or what's the text on the kangaroo? My next point being....are there any games with a kangaroo in it that I'm not immediately thinking of? It seems like (once again I'm not sure if that was their logo) if a kangaroo was at point their logo they would have held onto that idea to some degree? What am I missing? Great stuff though!

I never knew about the kangaroo logo. After a quick google, I came across this :

http://blog.beforemario.com/2011/...

Jan 27 at 4:14:25 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: GreenKoopa

I never knew about the kangaroo logo. After a quick google, I came across this : http://blog.beforemario.com/2011/09/nintendo-mini-game-serie...
That was an interesting read, thanks!

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Jan 27 at 11:08:14 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
Same here thanks. I swear I've seen one or two of those before well in the past, but I had never heard of the Mini Series so it could have been legit or a copycat. The things you learn even after decades of Nintendo care.

Jan 28 at 5:07:14 AM
CBsRetroTs (3)
< Crack Trooper >
California
Pretty interesting stuff eh? I'm gonna do more research into see what else I can dig up. The internet is a big place!

Originally posted by: Astor Reinhardt

Originally posted by: GreenKoopa

I never knew about the kangaroo logo. After a quick google, I came across this : http://blog.beforemario.com/2011/09/nintendo-mini-game-serie...
That was an interesting read, thanks!

I'm on Instagram as @CBsRetroTs. I collect mainly vintage gaming apparel, but you will see other stuff screaming nostalgia as well! WTB: Vintage Gaming Apparel and Promo Apparel (shirts, hats, jackets), NWC 1990 Shirt FT/FO: Always open to ideas!