Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sealed Collecting Questions Wata/VGA Advice, Authentic vs. Reseal Help, etc.

Feb 18 at 12:48:28 PM
ryfy (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama
where do i put a forum post requesting to find any ppl who have breath of the wild vga's for sale?

Feb 18 at 1:02:31 PM
acidjaguar (668)
(Lloyd Christmas) < Bowser >
Montana
Originally posted by: ryfy

where do i put a forum post requesting to find any ppl who have breath of the wild vga's for sale?

Start a buyer's thread in the buyer's subforum and put a WTB (preferably with bounty to help your cause)

-------------------------
For sale thread located here: click
Wanted to buy: click

Top wants currently: 
Old NES / SNES era newsletters and mailings
Original GB Chinese games (CHN coding on label)

Feb 26 at 1:33:35 PM
Jim Jimmer (40)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Hi,

Is there a consensus view with regards to which is more valuable for wata graded games: box grade or seal rating?

I'm looking at it from a desirability point of view in the future. Is going to 9.6 with b+ better than 9.4 with a++?

Your opinions would be apppreciated. I don't know what this answer would be in other hobbies but i have an idea.

Thanks!

Feb 26 at 1:55:34 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
I don't know about collective desirability, nor am I a sealed collector by any means.

However, for my collection, I'd personally want something with a better box grade, unless the shrink is very visually unappealing. It's already slabbed, and I know it's sealed -- at that point, I'm more concerned with the overall look, which means a crisp, undamaged box underneath.

Feb 26 at 2:35:34 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Banlieuseb

Hi,

Is there a consensus view with regards to which is more valuable for wata graded games: box grade or seal rating?

I'm looking at it from a desirability point of view in the future. Is going to 9.6 with b+ better than 9.4 with a++?

Your opinions would be apppreciated. I don't know what this answer would be in other hobbies but i have an idea.

Thanks!
Fair question and I don't think the Wata grading is mature enough yet to establish the trend.

Personally, I would set a floor condition for each as the bare minimum I'd accept.  Let's say 9.4 and A seal rating.  So in that case people wouldn't want the 9.6 with a B+ seal since it is below their bare minimum floor on seal rating.  

A better comparison would be a 9.4 grade with an A seal compared to a 9.2 grade with an A+ seal.  In that case I'd imagine it would be buyer preference and not expect a large price discrepancy between the two.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Feb 26 at 8:12:15 PM
Jim Jimmer (40)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
^thanks for the answers.

My question stemmed from graded comics with the white/cream page identifiers... dunno if people prefer a higher grade with yellow pages or a lower grade with white pages.

I'd personally focus on grade first then seal, but id be annoyed to have a mint box with a B or C as a seal rating.

Edited: 02/27/2019 at 07:15 AM by Jim Jimmer

Feb 26 at 9:06:37 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
what i found interesting was how a mint cart can balance out an entirely trash box there was a very rough bonks adventute box that was graded 7.0

Mar 07 at 8:21:49 PM
Heisenmack (0)

< Cherub >
Hello all, need the experts advice here.

I recently purchased a "factory sealed" Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for GBA. I am writing to ask if, based on these pictures you feel that this is a legit factory seal. I have heard that certain copies of this game had an "overlapped" vertical seal, but I wanted to be certain that was the case. I also noticed that, when shaking the box, it seems like everything is loose on the inside.

Any help verifying this would be appreciated. I know that you cannot give 100% verification by pictures alone, but again, any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks again!

Update: it’s been confirmed as legit. 

Edited: 03/07/2019 at 11:18 PM by Heisenmack

Mar 12 at 10:27:47 AM
Jim Jimmer (40)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Hi, i feel like a dumbass but vga is really confusing.

So 2 questions:

1- when asking for a population report, they require a variation field. If i want first prints of a snes or n64 game then what should i write? What about nes?(i assume for nes its more complicated)

2- whats the difference between a game graded 95gold and u95gold. Specifically is the uncirculated one more desirable in the collecting community or the circulated one? Does it really matter?

Thanks for the help!

Edited: 03/12/2019 at 10:28 AM by Jim Jimmer

Mar 18 at 12:14:20 PM
JasonLives (2)
(Jason Crosby) < Little Mac >
Pennsylvania
Question on factory sealed Dreamcast. I just bought a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for the Dreamcast. I went for it because it has the OPM rating sticker (which to me seemed like a slam dunk) but it came in and only two of the y-folds are on the bottom like on a PS1 game and two are on the side and look suspect to me. I assume Dreamcast y-folds should be on the top and bottom edge like a PS1 correct? This is my first toe dip into Dreamcast. Here are some pics, I hope the DC collectors can help out.

ComicLink & CertifiedLink Auctions - Send me a DM if you are interested in consigning to our next auction, coming up in October.  Taking consignments now. 
http://www.comiclink.com

Now Playing: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) / Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch)

Mar 21 at 10:52:13 AM
JasonLives (2)
Pennsylvania
Are there any Dreamcast collectors willing to take a look at the images above? My concern is that the y-folds are at the bottom and top edge on the right side (normal to me) but the y-folds on the left side are on the spine and smooth at the top and bottom. I'm sending a batch to VGA and I wonder if I should include it or not.

ComicLink & CertifiedLink Auctions - Send me a DM if you are interested in consigning to our next auction, coming up in October.  Taking consignments now. 

Now Playing: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4) / Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch)

Mar 21 at 2:05:27 PM
Jim Jimmer (40)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
This may not be the place to ask, but for the veteran collectors here what's an approximate grade that this goldeneye would fetch? Thanks in advance...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/GoldenEye...

Mar 21 at 3:14:56 PM
startyde (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States

Hi, i feel like a dumbass but vga is really confusing.

So 2 questions:

1- when asking for a population report, they require a variation field. If i want first prints of a snes or n64 game then what should i write? What about nes?(i assume for nes its more complicated)

2- whats the difference between a game graded 95gold and u95gold. Specifically is the uncirculated one more desirable in the collecting community or the circulated one? Does it really matter?

Thanks for the help!

SNES and N64 come in basically a 1st print or classics label. So just specify black label is you want the first print. Or tell them to send you everything in the population that matched the name for the system and the year it released, they should send it to you.

U means uncirculated as you said. Ideally it would mean "no human contact" and is pristine, and thus, would command a higher price. Sometimes this backfires. If you have a U graded game, that means it came from a case, and there are more copies of the game out there, also uncirculated, likely graded. More copies of a game, potentially with as high or even higher gradeds, can lower the price of the one available or being sold. This can be confirmed by asking for the population report above. 

When you dont have a U grade, you dont know if there are more (unles you do research) and thus, the game could potentially be seen as rarer. 

There's pros and cons to both like anything. 

Edited: 03/21/2019 at 03:16 PM by startyde

Mar 21 at 3:22:39 PM
startyde (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States

This may not be the place to ask, but for the veteran collectors here what's an approximate grade that this goldeneye would fetch? Thanks in advance...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/GoldenEye...

Impossible to tell fully from picks, microscratches take off a lot of points. The box looks good though. The seller though can sometimes ship things poorly, not intentionally. He sometimes packs games into plastic sandwich bags (I kid you not) and then into boxes. The fit is tight and he has ironically damaged the wrap of some games I've bought from him. Also every game I've eveer bought had scratches on the wrap, even though they looked mint in picks, so his wares are not pristine.

TL R

1. Game will at best probably be 85+ or 90 depending on wrap. 
2. Specify if you win you ONLY wantthe game wrapped in bubble wrap, and in a box with plenty of soft packing material. 

Mar 21 at 3:23:40 PM
startyde (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Originally posted by: JasonLives

Are there any Dreamcast collectors willing to take a look at the images above? My concern is that the y-folds are at the bottom and top edge on the right side (normal to me) but the y-folds on the left side are on the spine and smooth at the top and bottom. I'm sending a batch to VGA and I wonder if I should include it or not.

Looks legit. I dont see a market that would fake Jojo. VGA will identify if it'sa fake regardless so no worries.

Mar 21 at 3:46:22 PM
Jim Jimmer (40)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Hi startyde
Thanks for all the answers above.

Apr 17 at 9:52:50 PM
Jim Jimmer (40)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Hi people,

Looking at a couple RAW sealed games. Based on the pictures below, do I have a shot at a silver grade on these (I think gold is out of the question - but is 80+ / 85 doable?) Also I assume they are not resealed but confirmation would be appreciated...

May 07 at 3:22:36 AM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Hey guys got a question about original SMB rev a vga price

Looking at the current auctions theirs two that sold but their prices were over 2k+

Anyone have a actual number regarding this game cause I thought it was lower but now it looks high.

Another side question.
Anyone seen a sealed castlevania legends ?

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

May 20 at 1:34:11 PM
DeuceGamer (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
How are games sealed with a circle sticker graded? I've noticed I have a couple new Nintendo games with the circle sticker seal where the sticker is starting to peel up, though they have never been opened. I assume this will affect the grade but wanted to confirm since the stickers are still on the case but are just not sticking like you would expect.

Is there anything I can do moving forward to protect these seals from peeling? The 2 I noticed it happening to are recent releases like Fire Emblem Fates Collector Edition and Zelda BoTW Master Edition.

Jun 13 at 9:45:40 PM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
(Julien ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec

Hello. I stumbled across a local deal and there’s heat concerning a sealed NES Rampage.

I know nothing about seal authentication so what should I look for ? Pictures appreciated if you have them.

edit: pics of the sealed rampage

Edited: 06/14/2019 at 09:26 AM by WhyNotZoidberg

Jun 14 at 10:29:57 AM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
Quebec
update: after looking at some ebay sold listings I decided to back out of the deal, but I would still like to hear what people here think of the sealed Rampage above

Jun 14 at 11:21:34 AM
JasonLives (2)
Pennsylvania
Yeah that's a reseal, no h seam. Hard to see, but it looks likt the top edge has a crease from being opened as well.  

Edited: 06/14/2019 at 11:25 AM by JasonLives

Jun 14 at 2:54:34 PM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
Quebec
Originally posted by: JasonLives

Yeah that's a reseal, no h seam. Hard to see, but it looks likt the top edge has a crease from being opened as well.  

Thanks for the tip. I feel sorta sad for the guy selling it, he really thought it was legit and he bought it like this. Mind you he also didn't know the skyrocketing value of a sealed Rampage, but his asking price was still about 3x the going price for just CIB. I'm glad he agreed to let me cancel out of this after I sent money his way.

Jun 16 at 3:46:21 PM
DeuceGamer (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
Looking at possibly sending in a few of my sealed games to be graded but not sure what to expect or if some are even worth getting graded. Anyone care to provide any opinions on whether the condition of this is worth getting graded and what grade I could reasonably expect?

Details: Looking at the corners of the seal and it appears 2 corners have a slight hole that isn't really noticeable. I didn't realize they were there until looking at the guidelines on Wata's site and seeing it mentioned some small holes are normally in the corners. Also some scuffing on the seal. I tried to take a picture that showed the scuffs but it was difficult. You can see one along the top next to the game title on the front

Last, if I do send in some games does anyone have any tips for someone sending in games for the first time?

Jun 30 at 3:21:36 PM
Brachabre (9)
(Weiner Tacos) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
This one has always interested me. I've been going back and forth on whether to get this one VGA graded..but I guess I'm wanting more of an initial appraisal first. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

The box looks in really good condition due to the the retail blister pack. The blister pack is no long air sealed however due to a crack in the plastic on lower front corner. There was a price tag sticker on the front which the original seller decided to remove though I did get a picture from them before they removed it  .

UPDATE: Added more pics

Edited: 06/30/2019 at 08:19 PM by Brachabre