Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

FS: HOT SLOTS NES 100% Authentic SUPER RARE One of the rarest NES games

LOCKED TOPIC

Oct 13 at 2:18:10 PM
Rashy Skins (4)

< Crack Trooper >
Michigan
Hey there,
I recently required one of the rarest NES games: Hot Slots.
It has been tested and works. Overall good shape with just some wear from over the years. Pretty great condition for a game of this rarity.
Has some sticky residue on the front of the cart and sticker residue on the back (looks like from an old video game rental store).
It's currently listed on Ebay for $1,200 but I'd rather sell to someone on here to avoid the fees and possibly help someone find this holy grail.
I'm willing to come down for anyone on here, but looking to really get $1,100, which I think is fair. Comes with free shipping and will be tracked priority shipping.

Here's the listing:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Slot... p4AAOSw7dNdohs2

Please feel free to message me! Thank you!

Oct 13 at 3:22:13 PM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Waiting for someone to tell you to cover the board (eproms ? Is that it lol)

-------------------------
NES games to finish my licensed set -S.E. :  DOWN TO 2

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

NES licensed : 674/677

Oct 13 at 8:34:10 PM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Listed as Like New in Very Good condition and there is rental sticker remnants and residue on it. I dont think you know what the definitions of Like New and Very Good are for ebay standards.

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Oct 13 at 8:52:05 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
There are one of two scenarios with the pics in that listing. Scenario A: Those aren't your pics, or at least two of them aren't. Scenario B: You made a terrible decision.

Neither are good options. 

Edited: 10/13/2019 at 08:53 PM by B.A.

Oct 13 at 9:03:58 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Rashy Skins

Hey there,
I recently required one of the rarest NES games: Hot Slots.
It has been tested and works. Overall good shape with just some wear from over the years. Pretty great condition for a game of this rarity.
Has some sticky residue on the front of the cart and sticker residue on the back (looks like from an old video game rental store).
It's currently listed on Ebay for $1,200 but I'd rather sell to someone on here to avoid the fees and possibly help someone find this holy grail.
I'm willing to come down for anyone on here, but looking to really get $1,100, which I think is fair. Comes with free shipping and will be tracked priority shipping.

Here's the listing:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Slot... p4AAOSw7dNdohs2

Please feel free to message me! Thank you!

How did you get pics of the board?

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Oct 13 at 9:07:33 PM
friedeje191 (26)

< Crack Trooper >
Rashy skins...hot slots...it checks out.

Oct 13 at 9:16:31 PM
Rashy Skins (4)

< Crack Trooper >
Michigan
Long story short, this is a buddy of mine selling it who came to me asking that I list it on NA since he doesn't have an account. Figured it was just easiest to say it was mine and not go through the "oh it's my friends" kind of conversations, but that's the reality. So can someone answer these questions for me:

Why is it bad to post pics of the board?
Why does it look like two of the pics weren't taken?

And I also told him to change the condition notes on Ebay and I guess he hasn't done that. Dude is just trying to sell it and figured I'd help him. So what's the issues here?

Oct 13 at 9:18:24 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota

Long story short, this is a buddy of mine selling it who came to me asking that I list it on NA since he doesn't have an account. Figured it was just easiest to say it was mine and not go through the "oh it's my friends" kind of conversations, but that's the reality. So can someone answer these questions for me:

Why is it bad to post pics of the board?
Why does it look like two of the pics weren't taken?

And I also told him to change the condition notes on Ebay and I guess he hasn't done that. Dude is just trying to sell it and figured I'd help him. So what's the issues here?

This game has a screw underneath the back label. The label is clearly all there, so the pics would have to be counterfeit of the board. From what I've read so far, I would stay far away from this.

Oct 13 at 9:20:27 PM
Rashy Skins (4)

< Crack Trooper >
Michigan
He said he was able to wiggle the board out without taking off the middle screw. He then put it back in and says it's tested and working.

Oct 13 at 9:21:52 PM
Rashy Skins (4)

< Crack Trooper >
Michigan
So what's wrong with posting pics of the actual board?

Oct 13 at 9:23:54 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

So what's wrong with posting pics of the actual board?

Nothing wrong with pictures, just that the exposed EEPROMs that aren't properly covered may result in an erased game.

Oct 13 at 9:26:13 PM
Rashy Skins (4)

< Crack Trooper >
Michigan
Interesting. He says it works just fine even after taking photos of it. And I mean I trust him. But I definitely understand why some people would be hesitant with a game like this and making assumptions before asking actual questions.

Oct 13 at 9:27:21 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota

He said he was able to wiggle the board out without taking off the middle screw. He then put it back in and says it's tested and working.

Still stinky to me, especially since the pics have different backgrounds. I would recommend that your "friend" take some pics with his user name and date on it and post here.

Oct 13 at 9:29:36 PM
Michigan
The story is fishy. I'd personally avoid this item and avoid dealing with you on NA as this is troublesome at best. Or, as you might say, twoubwesome

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Oct 13 at 9:37:47 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia

Oct 13 at 9:43:03 PM
HammerDaddy (8)
< El Ripper >
Antartica
Lol. Is there a script these guys download? How come it's always "my friend's"?

Oct 13 at 10:09:03 PM
jfreakofkorn (23)
< King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: LutherDestroysTheGond

The story is fishy. I'd personally avoid this item and avoid dealing with you on NA as this is troublesome at best. Or, as you might say, twoubwesome
This a close knit community. And i am having to agree w this regarding an un common cart. May be a grail but this grail has been flagged for futher discussion. You ll have to provide and prove more than at what is discussed and shown, imo 

Oct 13 at 11:30:18 PM
Michigan
Originally posted by: jfreakofkorn

This a close knit community. And i am having to agree w this regarding an un common cart. May be a grail but this grail has been flagged for futher discussion. You ll have to provide and prove more than at what is discussed and shown, imo 

Yeah, first he "required" the game recently (instead of acquiring) and needs to sell. Lists on ebay with a listing that doesn't clearly state the sticker residue problems listed in this post (red flag #1). Others bring up the label over the middle screw and varying background textures (huge red flag #2 and #3). OP states it's friends listing and his friend somehow finagled the board in and out for pics (red flag #4 and #5). No thanks. Not now, not ever.

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Oct 14 at 12:17:22 AM
Rashy Skins (4)

< Crack Trooper >
Michigan

I mean I don't really care what you think because you're always rude anytime you post on anything I have. So if you're uninterested you can just move along.

Oct 14 at 12:25:01 AM
Rashy Skins (4)

< Crack Trooper >
Michigan
Also, why would I post this on NA if it was fishy? If I truly thought this was fishy I wouldn't have agreed to post it. Honestly I'd like to think there's a much better community on here and I'm just trying to do a favor for someone. I don't care if you purchase it. But if you're interested and this is something you're looking for then cool feel free to ask questions instead of acting like some elitists that jump to conclusions. I was just as confused about the middle screw and didn't even know it existed until someone asked about opening up the cart. So my bad that I didn't do more research about it before agreeing to post it on here. But for real it's insane how toxic I'm finding out this community can be.

Oct 14 at 1:37:45 AM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: LutherDestroysTheGond somehow finagled the board in and out for pics (red flag #5).
I have read about doing this with (I think) Tengen games, as a tip for cleaning. So it's not unheard of.

I mean I don't really care what you think because you're always rude anytime you post on anything I have.
For curiosity's sake, I took a quick gander through your threads and couldn't find what you're referring to. Got a link regarding this history?

Also, why would I post this on NA if it was fishy? If I truly thought this was fishy I wouldn't have agreed to post it. Honestly I'd like to think there's a much better community on here and I'm just trying to do a favor for someone. I don't care if you purchase it. But if you're interested and this is something you're looking for then cool feel free to ask questions instead of acting like some elitists that jump to conclusions. I was just as confused about the middle screw and didn't even know it existed until someone asked about opening up the cart. So my bad that I didn't do more research about it before agreeing to post it on here. But for real it's insane how toxic I'm finding out this community can be.
People are going to be skeptical due to scams involving such rare and desirable pieces in this hobby. It has happened many times. So some people will be forceful in expressing that. Sorry, but with $hundreds+ at stake it is warranted, because there is a possibility for that due to difficulty of verifying things. 

It's not about if you think it's fishy. Otger people here think that. There is an easy way around this though, as mentioned by doner24.  Meet your friend and take new pictures of the item, with the date and your user name written on a piece of paper next to it. No need to swagger or complain in the mean time. I'm sure any interested parties can wait a day or two for you to provide this very simple proof of possession. It would be helpful to use both of the backgrounds shown in the existing images. 

Oct 14 at 1:54:45 AM
Rashy Skins (4)

< Crack Trooper >
Michigan
Yeah I asked him to do the whole same background throughout with the date and time. So hopefully that will help. And honestly it's been years but I remember Luther always commenting on my posts acting like he was greater then me and would always sway people away from my posts because the only reason he comments on this forum is to create drama. He's just a NA troll. So idgaf about any of his opinions.

Secondly, this sucks because now since this whole post is drama filled it's not affecting me, but my friend who was just looking to sell this game without getting slammed by Ebay's garbage fees. Even though he was willing to sell it cheaper on here. I understand the whole "oh it's my friend's" is fishy, which is why I didn't originally start this post with it.

But more info and better pictures should be up tomorrow. Like I said, if someone is actually interested and wants any more proof or whatever you need just message me and we can get you whatever you need.

Oct 14 at 5:07:16 AM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
About removing the board , this was definitely a commonly known technique with color dreams games, so I wouldn't dismiss it solely on that. But yeah, two different backgrounds is never wise

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Oct 14 at 6:59:52 AM
Michigan
Offering valid criticism of this listing does not equal trolling. Many others have posted stating their concerns as well

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Oct 14 at 8:49:17 AM
Rashy Skins (4)

< Crack Trooper >
Michigan
Valid criticism is not you commenting after every other person and bombarding me and my authenticity. Yeah I understand that maybe I should have looked more into this before posting it, but you constantly have to give your two cents about information you're assuming is correct. Criticism and opinions are not the same. Instead you could actually ask questions instead of pretending you know what you're talking about. And constantly "red flagging" me and telling everyone that no one should ever buy this is just childish. Just move on and find something better to do with your time.