Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Operation Wolf full size arcade game Worth $175?

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:01:25 PM
ihavethatpma (324)
(Doombutt Jazzmouth) < Bowser >
Washington
There's this Operation Wolf game for sale just a few miles away from me for $175 on Craigslist, and I started talking to them because I was interested in it.  They told me that everything was fully functional, but then the next day I got an email telling me that the gun no longer vibrates when you shoot it.  Well I just went to look at it, and I took some pictures of it to ask some of you what you think I should offer for it.

There are lots of little flaws, like chipped off pieces of wood, one of the coin slot's light won't work, the button on the inside that gives you credits won't work, the table that the gun sits on is kind of weird because the clear coat was peeled off, the gun doesn't vibrate and looks worn, and the piece of plastic in front of the screen is weird in the middle; it looks like there's a little warped wave in it.  Oh and he broke off a key in the back lock, but that would be easy enough to fix.

Anyways, a few days ago I asked if they would budge on the price at all before I even saw the thing, and they didn't reply to that email.  Do you guys even think that this is worth $100?  I like the game and all, but I don't like it THAT much.  I really would like to have this arcade game, but I don't want to over pay for it.  What would your offer be?

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:28:26 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Wow that is one of my all time favorite arcade games. If it wasn't so beat up I'd be all over it. Don't know where I'd put it but I'd certainly want it. I don't know enough about arcade values, DreamTR can most likely give a value here. Wonder if all those problems would be fixable without doubling the cost?

-------------------------

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:40:57 PM
themotherbrain (93)
(> ROB <) < King Solomon >
New York
Operation Wolf is a personal fav of mine too. I would say $100 is ok if you need to fix it. I could have gotten a mint one here for $100, but the board was broken. All together, I could have had a near perfect condition machine running for like $150. If you aren't totally into it, I would not get too reluctant to pass. These old machines pop up all the time and you will see as your eyes are open to them now.

No Ninja Rap = No Thanks. 

Check out my FS thread here -
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 09/25/2009 at 05:42 PM by themotherbrain

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:42:33 PM
ihavethatpma (324)
Washington
I don't know, I'm sure I could find another piece of plexi glass or something to replace whatever is in it now, the coin acceptor light would be simple as well, but I'm pretty sure that the gun parts are hard to come by. I searched the KLOV forums as well, and it looks like the gun was always messing up on these games and that's the component that everyone was looking for.

I want this game just to have fun with and play, but I don't want to get ripped off.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:43:23 PM
themotherbrain (93)
(> ROB <) < King Solomon >
New York
That is the killer. Finding old parts can be a biotch.

No Ninja Rap = No Thanks. 

Check out my FS thread here -
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:43:36 PM
ihavethatpma (324)
Washington
Well I guess I'll offer him $100. The worst thing that could happen is that he'd say no.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:53:25 PM
nesdude (122)
(Matt Yanders) < Ridley Wrangler >
Iowa
My thoughts are, if you like the game, and it works, who cares about the details like that. As long as all the parts are there and its a solid cabinet, you should be alright. If you like to tinker at all, it can be a lot of fun to mess with these games and fix them up and it gives you something to do beside just playing them. You have to keep in mind that most of these machines have seen years of abuse in the arcades and are lucky to have survived at all.

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:23:52 PM
classicgamer88 (63)
(David Ben-omry) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
if he says ok to $100 go 4 it

check out my eBay account I have lots of games http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...

Sep 25, 2009 at 10:57:40 PM
ihavethatpma (324)
Washington
Well, there was no reply for the $100 but I'm not too bummed out. It's located about 40 miles north of Portland if anybody wants it. http://portland.craigslist.org/cl...