Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo Switch Collectors Discussion Thread V2 The Switch Goodness Continues....

Jan 02 at 11:06:50 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: D~Funk

Originally posted by: quest4nes

Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

MM11 is top notch. Did anyone try it with the SNES controller yet? It is really nice! I'm excited to try Celeste and Hollow knight with the SNES controller too.

On think I liked about the Wii U was the possibile controller options and Nintendo really kept that up with the Switch. I like that they haven't been actively trying to combat the 3rd party controller scene too.

Hollow knight is butter with the pro controller, gotta imagine it is with the SNES as well.

And Who cares about first party, Switch kills it with everything else.  I would prefer less garbage mario games myself.

Lol I dont buy nintendo for 3rd party games. I opt to get them on a nintendo console when I do, but less garbage first party titles? I dont know what first party  games youve played but most have been pretty top notch the last 2 generations. So good in fact they put them all on switch instead of making new content since they rushed the switch

They did what they had to do. The Wii U was dead in the water. They needed to shift gears and get people excited for a console again. The Wii U was great and did have good games but the marketing was terrible. Port or not they've pretty much pumped out a first party title nearly every month since launch which is impressive and cant be said for the Wii U or any current console. That backed by the great line up of indie releases and 3rd party content trickling out i'd say the Switch has had a pretty stellar first 2 years. The Wii U definitely suffered from some dry spells with no game releases which i personally haven't felt at all with the Switch. Im happy for Nintendo and happy with the Switch, im glad its a success so far and can't wait to see what else is in store.

As a bit of a sidenote to the whole discussion, the text in bold is realer than Real Deal Holyfield. I understand the hell out of why they're porting everything: They made a bunch of great games that not nearly enough people ever got to play. It'd be like a band dropping a bunch of amazing albums, but the only way that anyone could listen to them and experience them would be to go buy a...Microsoft Zune. I'm not mad that they're re-releasing all those woefully-underexposed games to a console that people are actually buying/playing! The Wii U is like a meme, like the Virtual Boy on a (much) grander scale. The Virtual Boy at least had one awesome game in Wario Land, and to this day I'm bummed it never got ported to any other system where people could actually enjoy and appreciate what a great game it was. It would be a first-world travesty if the same thing happened to all those awesome Wii U games.

I think it's clear that Nintendo is allocating the appropriate resources to creating new games and content, I don't think these ports are holding up development of the "next big things" in any significant way. A lot of people say "They've released Odyssey, that's it!", but that's obviously a huge exaggeration and not accurate, or to be taken literally. There's Smash, Mario Party, the Let's Go games, Splatoon 2, Kirby Star Allies, ARMS, Mario Tennis Aces, Xeno 2, etc etc. It's had a busy release schedule. If you loved every single one of those games, you'd be excited about how much awesome new stuff there has been. If you didn't? "They've released Odyssey, that's it!" I have to wonder what the expectations are? They keep giving more, and in turn people keep wanting more. You can put literally every character ever in Smash, but if you decided not to include the swooping birds from Ninja Gaiden as a playable character, people are up-in-arms-viral-internet pissed about it. You can't please all the people all the time, and apparently, all those people bought a Switch lol.

-------------------------
My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Jan 02 at 11:17:10 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Originally posted by: Quaze

Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

MM11 is top notch. Did anyone try it with the SNES controller yet? It is really nice! I'm excited to try Celeste and Hollow knight with the SNES controller too.

On think I liked about the Wii U was the possibile controller options and Nintendo really kept that up with the Switch. I like that they haven't been actively trying to combat the 3rd party controller scene too.

Hollow knight is butter with the pro controller, gotta imagine it is with the SNES as well.

And Who cares about first party, Switch kills it with everything else.  I would prefer less garbage mario games myself.

Lol I dont buy nintendo for 3rd party games. I opt to get them on a nintendo console when I do, but less garbage first party titles? I dont know what first party  games youve played but most have been pretty top notch the last 2 generations. So good in fact they put them all on switch instead of making new content since they rushed the switch

They did what they had to do. The Wii U was dead in the water. They needed to shift gears and get people excited for a console again. The Wii U was great and did have good games but the marketing was terrible. Port or not they've pretty much pumped out a first party title nearly every month since launch which is impressive and cant be said for the Wii U or any current console. That backed by the great line up of indie releases and 3rd party content trickling out i'd say the Switch has had a pretty stellar first 2 years. The Wii U definitely suffered from some dry spells with no game releases which i personally haven't felt at all with the Switch. Im happy for Nintendo and happy with the Switch, im glad its a success so far and can't wait to see what else is in store.

As a bit of a sidenote to the whole discussion, the text in bold is realer than Real Deal Holyfield. I understand the hell out of why they're porting everything: They made a bunch of great games that not nearly enough people ever got to play. It'd be like a band dropping a bunch of amazing albums, but the only way that anyone could listen to them and experience them would be to go buy a...Microsoft Zune. I'm not mad that they're re-releasing all those woefully-underexposed games to a console that people are actually buying/playing! The Wii U is like a meme, like the Virtual Boy on a (much) grander scale. The Virtual Boy at least had one awesome game in Wario Land, and to this day I'm bummed it never got ported to any other system where people could actually enjoy and appreciate what a great game it was. It would be a first-world travesty if the same thing happened to all those awesome Wii U games.

I think it's clear that Nintendo is allocating the appropriate resources to creating new games and content, I don't think these ports are holding up development of the "next big things" in any significant way. A lot of people say "They've released Odyssey, that's it!", but that's obviously a huge exaggeration and not accurate, or to be taken literally. There's Smash, Mario Party, the Let's Go games, Splatoon 2, Kirby Star Allies, ARMS, Mario Tennis Aces, Xeno 2, etc etc. It's had a busy release schedule. If you loved every single one of those games, you'd be excited about how much awesome new stuff there has been. If you didn't? "They've released Odyssey, that's it!" I have to wonder what the expectations are? They keep giving more, and in turn people keep wanting more. You can put literally every character ever in Smash, but if you decided not to include the swooping birds from Ninja Gaiden as a playable character, people are up-in-arms-viral-internet pissed about it. You can't please all the people all the time, and apparently, all those people bought a Switch lol.

Hahaha!    For real though! Quaze coming through with the truth bomb. I still don't see why Nintendo didn't slap them Virtual Boy games in the 3DS store! Seems like a no brainer! Maybe some day someone will make a little homebrew 3ds cart with all the Virtual Boy games on it! Totally agree about the ports not taking up a lot of extra time for them to put out. Helps fill the gap in between other releases and gives new people a chance to play some of them Wii U gems. Each one has had extra content too which is nice! Plus i'd rather have them on my Switch. Now if only they'd port Xenoblade X!

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Jan 02 at 1:42:26 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Got this big muthafucka in the mail the other day...usually not too keen on import special editions, but....c’mon man, Capcom beat ‘em ups!

My eBay feedback

Jan 02 at 1:44:26 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
I just ordered that!   Thing is friggin sweet!

Edit*  If anyone has an extra Celeste CE or Fox N Forests CE i'm looking for those. Missed out on Celste yesterday. Thing went Stupid quick! First time i've ever had a problem trying to get a game from LRG.

Edited: 01/02/2019 at 01:46 PM by D~Funk

Jan 02 at 2:56:59 PM
CharlieG (2)
< Crack Trooper >
Virginia

If anyone has an extra Celeste CE or Fox N Forests CE i'm looking for those. Missed out on Celste yesterday. Thing went Stupid quick! First time i've ever had a problem trying to get a game from LRG.

Per LRG on Twitter, you might be able to buy the Celeste CE from Fangamer in the Spring: https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/10802459815459430...

Jan 02 at 2:59:06 PM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri

Edit*  If anyone has an extra Celeste CE or Fox N Forests CE i'm looking for those. Missed out on Celste yesterday. Thing went Stupid quick! First time i've ever had a problem trying to get a game from LRG.
I missed Celeste as well.  That and West of Loathing are the only two that I wanted that I missed on so far, but got the RE pre-ordered anyway.

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Jan 02 at 3:06:25 PM
ZBomber (6)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Fleck586

I missed Celeste as well.  That and West of Loathing are the only two that I wanted that I missed on so far, but got the RE pre-ordered anyway.

I quoted DFunk in the other thread but Fangamer will have 1000 copies of the Switch collector edition (and 400 of the PS4) in April or May according to LRG's twitter, so you're probably better off trying your luck then.

I skipped on the CE personally but was really excited to order the standard version. Can't wait to finally play it!

Jan 02 at 3:09:48 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Thanks guys! Hoping to secure one before then but will definitely give that a shot if i don't!

Jan 02 at 3:16:45 PM
Fleck586 (155)
Missouri
Originally posted by: ZBomber

I quoted DFunk in the other thread but Fangamer will have 1000 copies of the Switch collector edition (and 400 of the PS4) in April or May according to LRG's twitter, so you're probably better off trying your luck then.

I skipped on the CE personally but was really excited to order the standard version. Can't wait to finally play it!

Ah!  I see that now.  Thanks!!

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Jan 02 at 3:20:07 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
I really like the steel case for Celeste, but I don't want that whole package, just the case.  

Jan 02 at 4:00:51 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
I need it in my life... just went out of my way to order the Bayonetta Steelbook cuz i want all the Switch Steelbooks so i need the Celeste one.. someone please sell... halp..

Edited: 01/02/2019 at 04:01 PM by D~Funk

Jan 02 at 4:05:41 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

Haha, when I got it in the mail, I told Lindsay, the T-minus countdown for Dave ordering this starts as soon as he knows I got it XD #KeepinUpWithTheQuazes

My eBay feedback

Jan 02 at 4:06:30 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Gloves

I really like the steel case for Celeste, but I don't want that whole package, just the case.  

I ordered the little Jeckyl/Hyde trading card set just because it has the same prints on it as the steelbook. 

My eBay feedback

Jan 02 at 4:21:45 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Hahaha!    For real though! Quaze coming through with the truth bomb. I still don't see why Nintendo didn't slap them Virtual Boy games in the 3DS store! Seems like a no brainer! Maybe some day someone will make a little homebrew 3ds cart with all the Virtual Boy games on it! Totally agree about the ports not taking up a lot of extra time for them to put out. Helps fill the gap in between other releases and gives new people a chance to play some of them Wii U gems. Each one has had extra content too which is nice! Plus i'd rather have them on my Switch. Now if only they'd port Xenoblade X!

Dont really want to talk about it much more, but isnt it kind of funny how much trash the wii u gets then the same people say how many awesome games it had? I mean the hardware technology was behind the competition. The switch still is light years behind too. The Wii U Gamepad was great imo, if its not to you then their was the same pro controller the switch has. The switch joycons are way worse imo than the wii u gamepad.

Your gamelist for the switch
Smash (Yeah I have it and its fun, not my favorite nintendo game though)
Mario Party(not a fan)
Lets Go Pokemon(nope)
Splatoon 2(I dont like playing games getting slaughtered by 7 year old japanese kids, Not a big online player, plus dont have switch online, pretty pointless solo game, and its basically a port expansion)
Kirby Star Allies( Ive mentioned this already. I didnt like it. Played the demo. Hate the team up mechanic, you cant skip it. Its too integrated into the game, worst kirby game in years for me, and I like kirby)
ARMS (Um motion control centered game, NO THANKS, and yea  I know you can play without, but it just doesnt look fun)
Mario Tennis Aces9( Ok , but adventure mode a GIGANTIC dissapointment)
Xeno 2 (I dont really play rpgs)

The first party other than that pretty much just wii u games I already have. Switch first party has been a letdown for me. I wasnt downing the system though. I said I expect better things this year. What we know so far this year doesnt look like its going to have alot of firsty party I like (fire emblem, new pokemon, animal crossing) Just nope!. Pretty much the opposite of what I want. I am pretty much only looking forward to Yoshi's Craft World at this point.  Luigis Mansion would be nice but it would still be where smash is for me. Ill get it but its not my favorite. I want a new DKC so bad with a new David Wise Soundtrack and Kremlings. Give me a Mario World Series Baseball or something and a Mario Maker 2. Id also accept a new mario kart game.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jan 02 at 4:30:50 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon

Haha, when I got it in the mail, I told Lindsay, the T-minus countdown for Dave ordering this starts as soon as he knows I got it XD #KeepinUpWithTheQuazes

I Had To! I wanted it anyway! Shoooooott!! You just gave me the incentive to pull the trigger!

Edit* i also snagged Kunio-kun collection, Battle Princess Madelyn and the Okami CE

Edited: 01/02/2019 at 04:32 PM by D~Funk

Jan 02 at 4:43:34 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

Dont really want to talk about it much more, but isnt it kind of funny how much trash the wii u gets then the same people say how many awesome games it had? I mean the hardware technology was behind the competition. The switch still is light years behind too. The Wii U Gamepad was great imo, if its not to you then their was the same pro controller the switch has. The switch joycons are way worse imo than the wii u gamepad.

Your gamelist for the switch
Smash (Yeah I have it and its fun, not my favorite nintendo game though)
Mario Party(not a fan)
Lets Go Pokemon(nope)
Splatoon 2(I dont like playing games getting slaughtered by 7 year old japanese kids, Not a big online player, plus dont have switch online, pretty pointless solo game, and its basically a port expansion)
Kirby Star Allies( Ive mentioned this already. I didnt like it. Played the demo. Hate the team up mechanic, you cant skip it. Its too integrated into the game, worst kirby game in years for me, and I like kirby)
ARMS (Um motion control centered game, NO THANKS, and yea  I know you can play without, but it just doesnt look fun)
Mario Tennis Aces9( Ok , but adventure mode a GIGANTIC dissapointment)
Xeno 2 (I dont really play rpgs)

Not sure who you're addressing in the first bold part, not me I hope. I give the Wii U no trash, but I'll at least be honest and point out that it didn't sell and was terribly poorly marketed, and terribly poorly received by the mainstream. It was all of those things, and despite that it still had a solid list of first-party games. These are just the facts. You'd refute any of that? How?

For the second bold part, where you gave a very subjective and personalized list of reasons why these games don't float your boat, I'll quote myself: If you loved every single one of those games, you'd be excited about how much awesome new stuff there has been. If you didn't? "They've released Odyssey, that's it!" Just because games didn't check all your personal boxes doesn't mean that those games don't count. They all came out and they all sold a shitload of copies. The parentheses in the post above don't matter, they weren't needed. The list I put out is not subject to anyone's personal validation or approval to "count". We were talking about the actual number of releases, and the truth is there has been a solid amount of those releases, regardless of personal fairly unpopular views of each of those releases. 

My eBay feedback

Jan 02 at 4:53:53 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Just throwing it out there that the indie game Bouncy Bob is still on sale in the eshop for 1 cent until tomorrow, I would recommend it, I played it for 2 hours the other night and am gonna play more tonight. Cool concept excellent music. Better value than a tiny piece of stale candy probably

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Jan 02 at 5:03:11 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Not sure who you're addressing in the first bold part, not me I hope. I give the Wii U no trash, but I'll at least be honest and point out that it didn't sell and was terribly poorly marketed, and terribly poorly received by the mainstream. It was all of those things, and despite that it still had a solid list of first-party games. These are just the facts. You'd refute any of that? How?

For the second bold part, where you gave a very subjective and personalized list of reasons why these games don't float your boat, I'll quote myself: If you loved every single one of those games, you'd be excited about how much awesome new stuff there has been. If you didn't? "They've released Odyssey, that's it!" Just because games didn't check all your personal boxes doesn't mean that those games don't count. They all came out and they all sold a shitload of copies. The parentheses in the post above don't matter, they weren't needed. The list I put out is not subject to anyone's personal validation or approval to "count". We were talking about the actual number of releases, and the truth is there has been a solid amount of those releases, regardless of personal fairly unpopular views of each of those releases. 

I was talking about me. I was talking about for me. I expressed pretty clearly the switch for me hasnt passed the wii u yet. I buy nintendo for first party and theyve let me down pretty hard. The parenthesis was important because it was my opinion on those first party releases.

On a side note, how is animal crossing popular. It looks like a sims game for 3 year olds. Can it really even count as a game?

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jan 02 at 5:04:35 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

I Had To! I wanted it anyway! Shoooooott!! You just gave me the incentive to pull the trigger! Edit* i also snagged Kunio-kun collection, Battle Princess Madelyn and the Okami CE

How do you have the time for all these games?

Lol you just said you convinced me to buy this, and then I bought this this this this this and this. LOLOL

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jan 02 at 6:37:09 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon

I Had To! I wanted it anyway! Shoooooott!! You just gave me the incentive to pull the trigger! Edit* i also snagged Kunio-kun collection, Battle Princess Madelyn and the Okami CE

Lol you just said you convinced me to buy this, and then I bought this this this this this and this. LOLOL
I make time!   I dont have kids or many other time consuming hobbies and have a girlfriend who plays games too. 

Jan 02 at 6:43:01 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

I make time!   I dont have kids or many other time consuming hobbies and have a girlfriend who plays games too. 

I dont think there is enough time in a day. You have like 6000 switch games. Mostly rpg long ass ones haha

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jan 02 at 6:44:46 PM
alakhira (134)
(Martin ) < Lolo Lord >
Connecticut
He does play them. Just check out the "Can NA beat every Switch game..." thread. D~Funk dominated last year.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0309-0134-0531
Now Playing: Moonlighter
Recently Completed: Minit, Dragon Quest Builders, Hollow Knight, Ys VIII

Jan 02 at 6:45:46 PM
Fleck586 (155)
Missouri
Lol! D-Funk, have you put your collection into GameValueNow's collection tracker by chance? Would be cool to see it

Jan 02 at 6:51:26 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
lol, i have.. it doesn't quite have everything though.

@Quest, 6,000 switch games, lol.. don't be silly. i only have 5,845. I haven't played most of the NISA titles yet except Ys VIII which i did beat 100% and Disgaea 5 which i haven't finished yet. Kinda saving em for a rainy day.

I have been keeping track of my Switch play time here. Not completely up to date but updated mid December: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jan 02 at 6:55:31 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon

Lol! D-Funk, have you put your collection into GameValueNow's collection tracker by chance? Would be cool to see it
Here you go!   

https://collection.gamevaluenow.c...