pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

Oct 15, 2011 at 10:42:36 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
(Kenny Boy) < Master Higgins >
Colorado
Nice collection James! Looking forward to the list of homebrews/repros to help with my collection.

-------------------------
Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...

Oct 15, 2011 at 11:43:39 PM
snesmaster (40)
(Rick Bruns) < Meka Chicken >
New York
A great article. Thanks for sharing about how you got started on your collection. A photo of all the homebrews/repros you have would be great to see when you get a chance.

Check out my site for Nintendo Maps, Sprites and Posters at: http://www.nesmaps.com...

Oct 15, 2011 at 11:47:04 PM
TerrHeel (125)
(Terrence Jordan) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
I always enjoy seeing someone who has a specific direction with their collecting. Thanks for sharing your passion with NA, gwyndion. That was a great read.

Oct 15, 2011 at 11:49:58 PM
acomicbookguyc (350)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California
James your collection is mediocre at best lol jk dude. That was an awesome read. That pic with the table of repro's made me jizz a little. Awesome stuff!

Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Oct 16, 2011 at 12:00:58 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Very good read, I really enjoy learning all this info about each member. Your repo/homebrew collect is awesome! The secret SNES project sounds pretty interesting as well.

Oct 16, 2011 at 3:14:59 PM
Limbofunk (160)
(Otto Man) < King Solomon >
New York
Cool stuff, I usually download the e-zine and jump straight to the member spotlight. I didn't know you were so into homebrews & repros--very cool stuff!

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:16:42 PM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California

Thank you for all of the wonderful comments.

I thought I would give you all pictures from my current collection as of today (just took photos):

SNES Repros and a few Super Famicom titles (sorry for the sideways photo):

These are ALL SNES Repros and a few Genesis repros on the bottom:

Here is my COMPLETE Virtual Boy Collection CIB.  I also have a Flashboy Plus, both NFR carts (and an extra Red Alarm NFR cart) and a few CIB japanese titles (one day I will get them all):

Another sideways photo.  Here is my Super Nintendo Collection so far:

Closer shots.  I have 10 of the NFR Demo carts on top.  The DK Comp and Starfox Weekend carts are in Box/Cases so they are in the rest of the SNES collection:

A better shot of the rest of the SNES:

A sideways photo of my CIB NES collection (almost complete):

Here is the COMPLETE Sachen collection CIB.  There are a couple Gluk CB titles at the bottom also:

Here is my work in progress Small Box collection (European Version, HK Version, etc.) as well as PAL exclusive titles, rare PAL titles and some CIB famicom titles.  The black box ones are Akira which I am soon making into repros, and the bubble wrapped ones are Dragonball carts that I am making into repros.  The English patched rom is available:

Here is another sideways shot of my two shelving units full of strategy guides as well as the last shelving unit full of repros:

Here are most of my NES repro carts 1st three shelves:

NES Repros (yup, all repros) shelves 4-6:

NES Repros shelves 7-9:

Nintendo organizer shelving unit on the floor in the middle of the area (I have too much stuff):

This is my pool table that has been overrun with gaming items and a whole bunch of stuff.  That USPS box in the middle is where I keep ALL my repair items (archival tape, magic erasers, gluesticks, 3.8mm security bits and tools, etc.).  It's where I keep a lot of items I'm working on and doing things with.  You can see the goo gone that I use for sticky messes ;-):

Here's a shot of the back area of room where I keep all of this stuff.  You can see stuff piling on top of the storage units currently:

Here's a sideways shot (sorry) of the whole other shelving unit.  Those plastic cases are all the Nintendo Label cases that I used to use to store repros.  They take up too much space so I switched to custom fit cartridge cases for the repros.  I have a ton of these if anyone needs some (for purchase):

Here's some more stuff.  It's the Sharp NES TV, repair manual for it, and on the floor is where all my XBOX 360, Wii, PS2 and PS3 games ended up.  The NES and SNES is more important to me then the modern stuff so the modern stuff just sits on the floor now:

Here's the rest of the XBOX and what not:

So thats most of the collection.  I still have stuff that I need to go through and put away that seems to flood the different areas of the house so ultimately it all ends up in this room.  I hope the photos weren't too many and annoying.  The collection is still growing but I have to make room for more stuff.  Right now I have an overflow of repros since my shelving unit is full.  I'm sure I will figure something out.

If any of you have questions about anything please don't hesitate to ask!

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:21:05 PM
acidjaguar (668)
(Lloyd Christmas) < Bowser >
Montana
Pretty sweet dood ! May need a bigger spot soon !

For sale thread located here: click
Wanted to buy: click

Top wants currently: 
Old NES / SNES era newsletters and mailings
Original GB Chinese games (CHN coding on label)

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:25:59 PM
p33jay (55)
(Allen (PJ) The Awesome) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

Edited: 10/16/2011 at 10:26 PM by p33jay

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:23:05 PM
xtremegamer (188)
(Lenny Laserdisc) < Ridley Wrangler >
Missouri
Great Collection! Really excitted to hear more about your SNES release.

Paaaaper!  Have you ever seen paper?  Look at it, smell it!

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:29:58 PM
Natendo (87)
(The artist formerly known as Nechestriah) < Ridley Wrangler >
Georgia
Some of these pictures would have been great to include in your article. Really nice collection man, I love seeing large collections of repros/homebrews like this.

youtube.com/user/natebit

WTB: 
Rescue Rangers 2 Manual  •  Fire N Ice Manual  •  Rad Racer 3D Glasses
Also, I'm always hunting for Complete Nintendo Powers and  loose Box/Manuals for NES - PM me if you have any extras!

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:40:08 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
For the love of all things holy JAMES, homebrews are not REPROS!

In one of your pics, you say here's my reproductions but I SEE HOMEBREWS, those are not reproductions

Repro = copy of already made game rather different region or unreleased.

Homebrew = newly created game. 

Sorry but labeling homebrews as reproductions REALLY irritates me. 

Edited: 10/17/2011 at 02:49 PM by NewUser123456789

Oct 17, 2011 at 4:16:54 PM
Natendo (87)
(The artist formerly known as Nechestriah) < Ridley Wrangler >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Paul

In one of your pics, you say here's my reproductions but I SEE HOMEBREWS, those are not reproductions

I'm sure he knows the difference.... It was probably just a simple mistake due to posting so many pics. Give him a break

youtube.com/user/natebit

WTB: 
Rescue Rangers 2 Manual  •  Fire N Ice Manual  •  Rad Racer 3D Glasses
Also, I'm always hunting for Complete Nintendo Powers and  loose Box/Manuals for NES - PM me if you have any extras!

Oct 19, 2011 at 10:41:47 PM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California

Fine, I've been getting flak from everyone lately because I call ALL non releases repros (except pirates).  So yes, these are my homebrew & repros and yes, they are all mixed in with each other.  My pirates I actually keep separate.

I have over 30 pirates but just realized I don't have the 25+ pirates award.

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:07:45 AM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

I guess not all homebrews are repros but ALL repros are homebrews. You could lump them into one group and call them after market releases.

Nice collection you got there....but where is the SNES Shadowhawk hiding?