NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

We need E-zine articles Deadline for current articles is 6/27

May 22, 2013 at 6:17:57 PM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
*** Update 6/14 ***

I'm happy to say we're at that point of getting things ready for layout. Any new articles sent in will be in the next E-zine, not the one we're about to do layout on to avoid any confusion.

I'm still awaiting a couple finalized articles which is due by 6/27 but for everyone that has submitted if you want to run through your article one last time with a spell check, grammar check and any other fine tunings it would be greatly appreciated. We'll be of course checking the articles but it'll save us time in getting the E-zine released.

Any questions feel free to shoot me a message.

A big thanks to everyone who is or will be contributing, it's much appreciated. 

Below is copied from the Collector's Corner

If anyone is interested in writing an article let me know. Also just some quick FYI's for anyone curious.

* It doesn't have to be about Nintendo
* It doesn't have to be retro
* It doesn't have to be directly about a video game or system review. Meaning it could be music, artwork or anything else that you fancy.

Here are some submission FYI's

*Try to make it at least a page
*Most people just type it up in a Word Doc
*Include some pictures (high quality so they won't get pixelated)
*Don't worry about doing the layout yourself, we'll take care of that
*If you have requests in where you want your pictures placed within the article please make note of that

I would like to add a collection article in the next E-zine so if you have something you'd like to show off (that's what she said) then let me know.

Also I'd like to include a Battle Kid 2 review and I'm sure someone is a "bad enough dude" to take on that challenge. A little shamless plug to the NA contests over in Gamer's Gauntlet.

As always send your articles to [email protected]

Edited: 06/14/2013 at 01:28 PM by Shane

May 23, 2013 at 12:55:04 AM
DrAfrokid (64)
(Mario Caruffo) < Meka Chicken >
Chile
I would like to write a short article about the Flintstone Dinosaur Peak in South America.

Inspired by this thread : http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

What do you think?

Regards,

-------------------------
Visit my retrogaming blog! http://www.elblogdelafro.com 

My FT/FO Thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

May 23, 2013 at 1:09:07 AM
EvilEyeball (24)
(Liam Turner) < Kraid Killer >
British Columbia
When do you need articles by? I might be able to find time to do something If I can come up with something
Even just a Collector Bio on myself

-- Currently Collecting --
Canadian Loose 24/64
First Party NES Accessories: Need only Hands Free Controller

May 23, 2013 at 8:35:26 AM
Majesty ZX (40)
(Ginger ) < Lolo Lord >
Georgia
I wouldn't mind writing some articles for this, I've always had a little Niche for journalism, Just let me know what you'd like and or need

May 23, 2013 at 10:22:19 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

I'll have another article ready to go soon.

Also I will do another NES Repro giveaway to a randomly selected contributer. I apologize to the last group of Ezine writers I slacked off on that with the last issue. I promise one of you will be chosen and notified soon. The format for this changed from the first since there was not much response for voting for favorite article I'm just randomly selecting a writer so everyone has an equal chance at a free game.

So contribute to get your chance at a free NES Repro!

Edited: 05/23/2013 at 10:22 AM by leatherrebel5150

May 23, 2013 at 12:13:04 PM
themaxvoltage (43)
(Max ) < El Ripper >
California
I submitted a short article last night. Going to try and get a few more ideas hashed out for an additional submission.

May 23, 2013 at 12:56:59 PM
Firebrandx (7)
(Wolff Morrow) < Meka Chicken >
United States
I'm also going to work on another one that revisits the original Castlevania and strats for the bosses. Let me know if interested and I'll press forward with it.

May 23, 2013 at 1:14:17 PM
Shane (146)
United States
Originally posted by: Firebrandx

I'm also going to work on another one that revisits the original Castlevania and strats for the bosses. Let me know if interested and I'll press forward with it.

Press forward good sir! I love your detailed work so I'm excited to see what you do with Castlevania.

@Max

I'll be reading your article when I get a free moment at work. Thanks man!

May 23, 2013 at 11:26:10 PM
milkmanleeroy (6)
(Michael A) < Crack Trooper >
British Columbia
I haven't written an article in years...

Is it possible to submit an interview? Like, a one on one? I know some people.. I just have to ask if it is okay to post an interview.

May 24, 2013 at 4:06:36 AM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
I might write something about ROM hacking (How to hack a NES ROM for dummies) or interview somebody related to Color Dreams I'm friends with on youtube. Choose what you'd like to see

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

May 24, 2013 at 5:30:11 AM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Vectrex280996

I might write something about ROM hacking (How to hack a NES ROM for dummies) or interview somebody related to Color Dreams I'm friends with on youtube. Choose what you'd like to see

I'd want to read both of those articles - submit both!

May 24, 2013 at 7:16:48 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: AllYourBasss

I'd want to read both of those articles - submit both!

I second that!

May 24, 2013 at 9:34:13 AM
FIkap (16)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Shane,

If you thought it would be a good idea for a retro column each month I would be interested in throwing together a recurring column on retro toy and game collecting ...think late 70's through early 90's.......I have been collecting for many many years and my son has just gotten into it at the age of 4 (haha) so if you and the readers thought that would be a good idea I could contribute. I was thinking of picking a few items and or a line of toys / games each month with actual photos and concentrating on bringing back some awesome retro childhood memories and or collecting tips....we live in a great antiques flea market area in PA and find lots of cool old stuff on a monthly basis so content will be ongoing.....let me know

Ryan

May 24, 2013 at 9:57:48 AM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: FIkap

Shane,

If you thought it would be a good idea for a retro column each month I would be interested in throwing together a recurring column on retro toy and game collecting ...think late 70's through early 90's.......I have been collecting for many many years and my son has just gotten into it at the age of 4 (haha) so if you and the readers thought that would be a good idea I could contribute. I was thinking of picking a few items and or a line of toys / games each month with actual photos and concentrating on bringing back some awesome retro childhood memories and or collecting tips....we live in a great antiques flea market area in PA and find lots of cool old stuff on a monthly basis so content will be ongoing.....let me know

Ryan

If you don't mind me asking what part of PA are you from?

May 24, 2013 at 10:05:04 AM
FIkap (16)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania

Edited: 05/24/2013 at 01:05 PM by FIkap

May 24, 2013 at 2:22:59 PM
Shane (146)
United States
Originally posted by: milkmanleeroy

I haven't written an article in years...

Is it possible to submit an interview? Like, a one on one? I know some people.. I just have to ask if it is okay to post an interview.

Interviews are fine just get with me on who you're interviewing.

@Vectrex280996

Do them both man!

@FIkap

Yeah that'd be excellent! I want the E-zine to have variety so it doesn't get stale and maybe more people will be interested in writing and/or reading.

May 25, 2013 at 3:15:33 AM
Vectrex28 (130)
Switzerland
I talked to that Color Dreams mystery guest today and he told me he would do the interview Friday!
So basically I'll submit both articles next weekend

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

May 25, 2013 at 3:41:37 PM
Shane (146)
United States

I talked to that Color Dreams mystery guest today and he told me he would do the interview Friday!
So basically I'll submit both articles next weekend

Sounds awesome man! You can send it over to [email protected] when you're ready.

Thanks!

May 25, 2013 at 5:32:04 PM
Firebrandx (7)
United States
Cool, I'm currently finishing up editing the screenshots, and then I'll write the text file like before. I've decided it's going to be a guide on how to complete Castlevania on one man, and it will include little tricks and techniques in each of the stages that I've come to use automatically when I play through it.

May 25, 2013 at 6:34:29 PM
Shane (146)
United States
Originally posted by: Firebrandx

Cool, I'm currently finishing up editing the screenshots, and then I'll write the text file like before. I've decided it's going to be a guide on how to complete Castlevania on one man, and it will include little tricks and techniques in each of the stages that I've come to use automatically when I play through it.

Awesome!

Seems things are shaping up nicely for the next E-zine. Still no ETA for anyone curious.

May 27, 2013 at 3:38:37 PM
Danimal Collective (50)
(Dan imal) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
Hi, haven't been here in a while but now that school is over and all my students are probably also playing lots of video games over the summer, I need something to do besides just callus my thumbs back up.

I've been wanting to write an essay on socialization around video games from when we were kids as opposed to now and what is different, evolved, or the exact same, ect. I do talk video games with my students sometimes (and they had a lot to say about the subject) and I've kept notes on it because I have wanted to start writing again about different subjects, both long and short form. My only published works are through "The Historian" and a Sociology publication I was an assistant editor on as an undergrad.

If this sounds cool, let me know.

May 27, 2013 at 6:57:24 PM
Shane (146)
United States
Sounds great, pm me with any questions.

Originally posted by: Danimal Collective

Hi, haven't been here in a while but now that school is over and all my students are probably also playing lots of video games over the summer, I need something to do besides just callus my thumbs back up.

I've been wanting to write an essay on socialization around video games from when we were kids as opposed to now and what is different, evolved, or the exact same, ect. I do talk video games with my students sometimes (and they had a lot to say about the subject) and I've kept notes on it because I have wanted to start writing again about different subjects, both long and short form. My only published works are through "The Historian" and a Sociology publication I was an assistant editor on as an undergrad.

If this sounds cool, let me know.

May 28, 2013 at 5:04:55 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
Switzerland
Sent the ROM Hack article
The interview will be on Friday!

May 28, 2013 at 5:40:21 PM
gliptitude (0)
(J D) < Crack Trooper >
Ohio
I'd consider writing something about Vectrex and/or Vector gaming. Most Vectrex lovers already know everything I know, so I wouldn't be breaking news. I could either write something intended more for an audience that hasn't ever experienced Vectrex, or perhaps something more artistic, pontificating on an idea or concept found in vectors.

Can you refer me to past E-zines to give me an idea of it's content?

May 28, 2013 at 6:13:51 PM
Firebrandx (7)
United States
Originally posted by: gliptitude

Can you refer me to past E-zines to give me an idea of it's content?

http://www.nintendoage.com/index....