Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Epic Craigslist find 2012 Castlevania 3 !!!!!

LOCKED TOPIC

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:51:34 AM
TheOne (22)
(Dr Nintendo) < El Ripper >
Oregon
Hello all,

Normally I don't buy games off craigslist unless its a lot or something really good.  WAY to many people trying to sell there rare Super Mario 3 for $15 and even more rare GOLD ZELDA for $20.  meh. 
Was talking to this lady for over a week or so.  Finally had the chance to meet up.  Plan was to get castlevania 3 for $4.  Been collecting for less than a year still and have 245 licenced loose games.  She brought a bag of other games she found, and we worked out a price for the bag.

When you see it.

Posted later in the thread.  Here for those who missed it:

Originally posted by: TheOne

Hello all,

Finally off from the station.  Didn't quite expect that this thread would blow up quite like it did.  First off I'd like to say thank you, for everyone that has said nice things and well wishes.  I've been on here for a few months now, and everyone has been really nice. Given me quite a lot of insite for collecting mainstream, purchased items form some
of you too.  I was quite excited on my find.  I had only 245 games in my collection, I started with about 20 and added 225 this year as needs.  I meet a lot of you at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, and made new friends.

When I was able to get a copy of the game I was quite happy to say the least.  I wanted to share my find with this community.  Being winter its been super slow for finds.  I was quite happy with the responces I started reading when I got home.  But as I scrolled down, I keep seeing things turn from thank yous and congrats to things of a very hostile nature.  

This turely saddens me.  This was one of my best moments in collecting and now I feel like it has had a blemish on it.  At first I thought people were concerned for me, and were perhaps being helpful that I was ripped off.  I didn' think this would have been the case, I purchased it from an older lady who was selling her son's games.  But as I continued
reading the intent was clear that people thought I created a fabrication of sorts.  I don't quite understand the lodgic behind that or the reasoning why I'd make a fake cart or
something.  

Below, I'm going to answer/respond to several people who left comments the best I can at this time.  It makes me quite sad at the huge backlash I have received and makes me feel very unwelcome here.  Though, I have not been around for years, I have been an active member of this board and community.  Thank you, most of you who had kind things to say on what I thought was a good find.  

At this time I'm going to have to consider if I'm going to continue to be a member, of this site and community for making me feel so unwelcome.

ocdgamer
^^ Haha, if you read this from the beginning you can actually see the hostility increasing.

-I moved this one up to the top out of order.  This is pretty much how I feel about everything now.  This is really going to make me think twice before posting my finds again. It really sucks, that I have some random internet backlash from people hating on me for having a good find.  It really makes me feel unwelcome as a member of this community.  

laserman81
**BEEP, BEEP** New icon coming through. Congrats man, hell of a find!

-Yes that would be very nice, I only have a few awards.  If someone could update mine that would be swell.  I'm almost to having all the Black Box Games.  Currently working towards all the Star Fox games at the moment.

BalloonFight
Crazy find man. How much did it all cost?

-Great question.  Well, when I was looking through them and saw SE.  I wouldn't have felt right giving her $4.  I explained a little of what she had, and I made her a very generous offer.  I find it a matter of integrity, and wouldn't feel right with myself taking advantage of someone like that.

Nin10d0h Wayne
WOW dude. WOW! GREAT GREAT GREAT FIND! What was the grand total?!
- ^^

knightriderce
Thanks for keeping the hope alive Robert, awesome find.

-Thank you, I've been going to garage sales and yard sales my entire life getting games here and there.  Never got anything this close ever.  Started collecting hardcore within the last year.  I lucked out, as a child my fav game was Bubble Bobble 2. Thats really the only rare game I have coming into this.

videogamedomain
Open it up please.

-Not really sure how to 'open it up'.  I have a hammer sitting right here, I think that'd do the trick. As I am writting this I plan on adding some pics.

GameBoyScotty
The way this game should be acquired.

-I agree.  At first this was a very fun event.  I've found really good bulk deals in the wild before, and I like getting that rush of finding something that is a 'need' for me.

I'm_not_a_robot
If its legit, congrats man!!

-Thanks

Braveheart69
Considering there were total DOUCHEBAGS at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo selling SE cart fakes and not even labeling them as repro's until we all ganged up and bitched to the show promoters AND this guy lives in Portland... FAKE ALL THE WAY!

-Cool story bro.  Yes, I live in Portland.  Most of you know I went to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo.  I was able to meet Robin, Thor and many other members there.  I had a good time.  So beacuse some 'total DOUCHEBAGS'. Was selling fakes, breaking the law. Of the same game I must have a 'FAKE ALL THE WAY!".  I really doubt some older lady went there, purchase said game then sold it to me.  Or it could be that I was there, purchase said game and just now putting it up on the interwebs?  If some guy was making fakes, wouldn't they look a lot better?  Almost but, not going to start a flame war.

ZoOmer
Clean room prepared
Surgical gloves on
Camera running
open cart
Real -- Shit pants
Call out of work
Take a thousand HD photos with verification
Post up here for all its glory to be had
Sit in corner refreshing comments while holding SE like Gollum for the rest of the day.

-   I don't have Surgical gloves.  I have sterile glove, which are actually aseptic gloves. I did take picture.  With my Iphone 3g.  Thats the only digital type camera I have.  From my other post in the video game tournament thats what I got.  Not really sure how to open cart - refers back to hammer.  (Thinking more and more about it now.....) I can't take time off work for that.  I'm a firefighter. That wouldn't go over to well at all.  I prefer to have a job.  I don't really need glory for a find, I'm just a guy trying to finish my nes loose collection.  My buddy said I should sell it and be able to buy a lot more of my needs, but I prefer the hunt, going out in the wild and finding the games.  I feel it a lot feeling.  I know understand what people talk about going and finding that one record in the wild and the happiness they get.

qixmaster
I'd be willing to look at it in person to verify if it is real or not. let me know Robert. I'm free this evening.

-Thought about it.  I'm not really comfortable with meeting people from the internet.  I don't have a facebook page even.  Small chance, but I might bring it to the EOO showing in Portland, depending on how I feel about this matter in the end, and if I'm not on shift.

ThatNintendoGuy
- Was at work all day.  Had a really hard day...  Pics should be attached by now.

For those who care, and don't want to call me a douchebag Here are some pics I took.  I'm not taking anymore at this time. 

Edited: 02/10/2012 at 02:53 AM by TheOne

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:55:00 AM
RetroBasement (142)
(I read PM's !) < King Solomon >
Ohio
is that a real fucking se?

-------------------------

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:56:08 AM
RetroBasement (142)
Ohio
Holy shit can u say find of the century!

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:03:14 AM
Segertar (125)
(T. F.) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Are you kidding me...?! Open it up!!

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:05:45 AM
RetroBasement (142)
Ohio
TRIPLE POSTTTTTT i wish the rest of NA was awake right now to see this

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:07:11 AM
Segertar (125)
(T. F.) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Change this: Epic Craigslist find 2012 Castlevania 3

To this: Epic Craigslist find 2012 Stadium Events

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:13:58 AM
rokushadows (111)
(J M) < El Ripper >
United States
I can't stop looking at that picture. And I'm not staring at your '95 keyboard.

Get instant notifications for new eBay listings - http://www.auctionalert.io/...

PM me for a free forever account with full site access.

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:17:07 AM
Little Nemo (107)
(Mark D) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Ummmmmmmm... Really hope you're not lactose intolerant because it's going to be legen... wait for it... DARY!

EPIC FIND Robert. Major congrats are in order!

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:21:55 AM
RASK1904 (196)
(Roger D.) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
WOW

My ebay   http://shop.ebay.com/rask1904/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562                                                                                                                     ................................My fs thread....
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...    

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:26:01 AM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Wow, that's insane.

Whats up with the top of the label?

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Edited: 02/09/2012 at 03:26 AM by MrClutch

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:28:39 AM
Shinju (53)
(Nintendo Collector) < Ridley Wrangler >
Washington
Pretty amazing find, lable looks a tad faded I hope its the real deal! I bet your jaw internally hit the floor as you almost passed out. I know it would have been hard to keep a pokerface with that game looking you in the face.

The rest of your collection for a full NES set will be easy peezy, yeah the Flintsone game will be spendy but no were near the premium that a US S.E. can bring!

Edited: 02/09/2012 at 03:30 AM by Shinju

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:37:04 AM
thomeboy (85)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Yeah the label looks faded but it still looks like an incredible find. Have you opened it up to make sure that it is authentic?

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:37:25 AM
BalloonFight (233)
(Kyle Allen) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
Crazy find man. How much did it all cost?

Always looking for early issues of these magazines: GameFan, Tips and Tricks, Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you have any of these. I would love to give you some games for your magazines. :)

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:50:45 AM
vladictivo (112)
(Vladi ) < Lolo Lord >
Mexico
This must be some kind of April Fools joke... On February.

Keeping it custom: vladictivo.deviantart.com

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:54:11 AM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Absurdity is what I like most in life, and there's humor in struggling in ignorance. If you saw a man repeatedly running into a wall until he was a bloody pulp, after a while it would make you laugh because it becomes absurd".

-David Lynch

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:00:04 AM
CrashMan (21)
(Jeff T) < Meka Chicken >
Manitoba
Holy crap dude, way to go!!! Ridiculous!

3DS friend code:  2423-2144-9184

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:55:56 AM
Mr California (33)
(mr california) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
nice find dude

Edited: 02/09/2012 at 05:00 AM by Mr California

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:25:24 AM
classicgamehunter (145)
< Meka Chicken >
Nevada
ONE DAY!

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:30:12 AM
EBPyeah (1)
(Troy H) < Crack Trooper >
Victoria
HOLY HELL DANCE AEROBICS!?

btw nice SE

XBL & Steam - ebp3

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:30:31 AM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
**BEEP, BEEP** New icon coming through. Congrats man, hell of a find!

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:34:42 AM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Super Team Events!!!! Such a find...

BTW the label being faded is a good sign.

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:50:37 AM
Dennis (70)
(Dennis ) < Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
Congrats man. This is what makes collecting so great.

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:04:10 AM
del01 (81)
(Retrosexual ) < El Ripper >
Ontario

My name is del01 and I approve this message.

If del was a chair...
I'd sit on it like Michelle Pfeiffer in the gangsters paradise video - Herbalist

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:23:29 AM
Pale Horse (45)
(Shaun ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
what

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:33:38 AM
Sticky (185)
(Sn0 Bro) < Kraid Killer >
United States
I did a headslide into this topic and was not disappointed. Awesome for you!