Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

$5 bounty if you can help me remember this old PC Dos game! I will Paypal you $5!

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:42:34 PM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
Ok folks here's the deal--I've been trying to find this old PC DOS game for a long long time and I'm hoping a $5 bounty will provide an incentive for your help

I will describe the game as detailed as possible, so hopefully it will help and also it should verify the game when we find it.  Here goes:

Many moons ago, I found myself playing an old DOS game (it may have been shareware, I can't remember.  Anyway, it was an adventure / exploration game that had 3-d graphics with very simple polygons and basic 3-d technology.  Here is the description I posted on another forum over a year ago:

I'm looking for an old DOS game - it is a 3D style game, with vector-like polygonal graphics --- VERY similar to Alpha Waves / Continuum and Starglider 2 in terms of graphical complexity, however, the world in the game is much more detailed than Alpha Waves, for example. I'm guessing early 90s era. 

The game itself is a 3D Adventure / Platform / Puzzle type game, where you roam around this 3D world. I believe you start in a small town area, where you can walk around and enter various buildings. I remember specifically a building where you walk in and it is a bar with a counter than you can duck and go through to get behind the counter. 

There is also an area in the game where you walk inside a building, and you have to go across a platform with swinging pendulums that you have to dodge. I guess I would call the game 3D Adventure / Puzzle? It's not really a FPS or heavy action type game, but you spend a lot of time exploring the world and figuring out what to do and where to go. 

It seems like when you die in the game, a 3D polygonal "Game Over" type screen pops up where you can either move around the words or maybe even walk around. 

I wish I could remember more details. I have been looking for this game forever and any help is greatly appreciated! There weren't a ton of games back then with the same 3D polygonal vector style, with an adventure / exploration setting, so I'm hoping someone can help. 

Some additional details:

I believe there was some kind of visual HUD surrounding the 3D gameplay area.
the game was first-person view

The game is not Alpha Waves / Continuum, Starglider 2, Virus, Vaxine, Spectre VR, Moon Blaster, Thunderstrike, Castle Master, Castle Master 2, or Total Eclipse.  But it looks a ot like those.

As I mentioned, if you can name this game or provide a solid lead to it, I will pay you $5

Thanks!

-------------------------
Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Edited: 09/06/2012 at 01:40 PM by sadikyo

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:51:38 PM
LucasWeatherby (42)
(Lucas Weatherby) < El Ripper >
Florida
ummm... this isnt early 90's and ive never played alpha waves, continuum or starglider...BUT, i played this game when i was in like 6th grade, couldnt remember it for the life of me and it took me lots of internet searching to remember it. so i think it would be awesome if it were the same game.

The reason i suggest it is because i remember it starting in a small town area and you enter a bar. but without delay, the game i suggest:

Shivers II: Harvest of Souls

Sep 3, 2012 at 1:41:09 AM
Blue Gollumer (89)
(Warren Lee) < Meka Chicken >
Wisconsin
Limbo of the Lost?

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:48:25 AM
GizzyGames (21)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Philip ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Kentucky
alone in the dark?

10% off for all NintendoAge members, use coupon code NA

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:23:03 AM
DMG (47)
(Dustin G.) < Kraid Killer >
Germany
The Terminator

At least you start in a small town. Or at least it looks that way.

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:37:22 AM
sadikyo (89)
United States
Thank you all very much for the attempts! If you google alpha waves / continuum, you will see the quality of graphics I'm talking about. Most of the games mentioned here are much too advanced (haha, I know I know), compared to the specific game I'm talking about. The closest one graphically would have to be "The Terminator," but unfortunately, that isn't it.

When I say 3D, I mean VERY EARLY 3D graphics - no textures, just simple colors for each polygon basically. It's not a point-and-click adventure game, but a free-roaming 3d first-person style platform type game. I say adventure because I remember doing a lot of exploring and walking around.

Hope this helps - I'll try to think of more details! Thanks for trying so far!

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

Sep 6, 2012 at 1:48:51 PM
sadikyo (89)
United States
Bump for help and $5 bounty!

I found several other games that look a lot like the game I'm referring to visually, but aren't it.

Castle Master
Castle Master 2
Total Eclipse
Dark Side
Driller

And it isn't 3D Construction Kit / Virtual Reality Studio - or a game that someone made homebrew.

Hope this helps!

Sep 6, 2012 at 3:17:25 PM
Nintendope (14)
(Michael the Addict) < Little Mac >
California
Are you sure it was a dos game?
Did it have sound card support or just pc beeps?
Was it 4 color VGA or 256 color VGA?

Check out my wanted list. It's pretty big and full of common games!

Sep 6, 2012 at 3:20:42 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Nintendope

4 color wouldn't be VGA...

And there were tons of DOS games with full sound card support and SVGA graphics and higher...

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:07:44 PM
sadikyo (89)
United States
Thanks for the responses. I am not 100% sure it was a DOS game, but I REALLY think it was. This isn't something I played in the last 5 years....this was many many years ago.  If you check any of the games I listed, you'll see they all have a similar, outdated 3d style (most of these are from the freescape 3d engine, but I checked the games supposedly created with that engine and I didn't think it was any of those).

My guess is that it was probably 16-color EGA, or maybe 256 VGA at the most. It was definitely not 4-color / CGA.

I don't really remember much about the sound, to be honest.

Hope this helps. It is REALLY REALLY similar to castle master / castle master 2 - but It is not one of those games.

Edited: 09/06/2012 at 04:09 PM by sadikyo

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:44:49 PM
Nintendope (14)
California
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Originally posted by: Nintendope

4 color wouldn't be VGA...

And there were tons of DOS games with full sound card support and SVGA graphics and higher...
iPad autocorrects CGA. Whoops. 

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:11:14 PM
elhector (80)
(Hector Varga) < Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Was it Eternam?

Check out my YouTube Channel

Social Media Junk:

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Come check out what I have for sale.

Sep 6, 2012 at 8:23:56 PM
scaryice (115)
(scary ice) < King Solomon >
Illinois
You should post here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmyto...

WTB/WTTF - Famicom carts (54 needed):

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 6, 2012 at 8:30:22 PM
sadikyo (89)
United States
elhector - thanks. Not Eternam though. Graphics too advanced. When I say 3D I mean like 1 wall is a flat wall polygon square that is just one color - no texture, etc.

scaryice - thanks! I didn't know about / think about that. I'm not down much for reddit but I'll see if I can figure out how to get into it. I thought I might have better luck posting here and offering a bounty, haha. I've tried on several forums before, some even old pc gaming forums, but never found an answer.

Sep 6, 2012 at 11:56:58 PM
WashYourFace (4)
(Jay ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
The game is Tomb Raider. 5 dollars, please.

Now playing:
• Ni no Kuni
Listening to:
• "Second Hand News" -Fleetwood Mac

I am one of the elite in game playing circles... a "Nintendo Lemming Master"

Oct 1, 2012 at 7:57:55 PM
Nintendope (14)
California
Any updates?