Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NFL 2015-2016 Season Degenerate smack talk with a side of civil discussion.

Aug 3, 2015 at 1:15:41 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
I'm really surprised this thing with Tom Brady is still an issue. He really didn't do anything that all other QBs don't do already or atleast could have done should they have chosen to. Aaron Rodgers admitted to liking the balls very inflated if not over inflated. Troy Aikmen said in about March that he also liked the balls over-inflated and talked of this as if it was really no big deal at all. Like all QBs had their preference and nobody really thought it was a big enough deal to monnitor. In fact if it really mattered, then the NFL should have been checking PSI on all balls before and after and administering penalties for this for decades now. The fact that New England continued to play just as well after all this started in the AFC Championship game proves that the difference is negligeable and not worth all the trouble this has caused. As a Cowboy fan of course I would be happy for Brady to not be playing that 4th game against Dallas, but I just don't see this as anything bad that Brady did. We all know in baseball pitchers use pine tar coated with resin to help them get a better grip on the ball when they get sweaty. Technically this is cheating, but the way it works is as long as you aren't over the top with it, nobody cares. Your own pitchers benefit from this too. It doesn't give one team a competitive advantage over the other. Back to what Aikmen said, I even remember that when he threw the balls looked fat, and with some QBs the ball looked more like a torpedo. I never thought anything of this, neither did anybody else. Rodgers' passes have a similar "fat" look to me.

-------------------------

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:22:04 AM
Otter (73)
(T Otter) < King Solomon >
Washington
Seahawks Superbowl Champions
Eli Manning MVP
Melvin Gordon rookie of the year
Adrian Peterson comeback player of the year
Ben Rothlisberger Offensive player of the year
biggest surprise team Oakland Raiders

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:42:24 AM
Twentemarina (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: Otter

Seahawks Superbowl Champions
Eli Manning MVP
Melvin Gordon rookie of the year
Adrian Peterson comeback player of the year
Ben Rothlisberger Offensive player of the year
biggest surprise team Oakland Raiders

I'll be the first to disagree with that.

Melvin Gordon Rookie of the Year
Adrian Peterson Comeback Player of the Year
Le'Veon Offensive player of the year
Biggest Surprise team of the year - Tennesee, oakland to me is not a big surprise they have a good team, just young. 

Superbowl Championsackers, if I had to say anyone who competes will be Patriots, Seahawks or Steelers. Going to be impressive if the Steelers can survive vs a tough schedule in a tough division with a playoff record and healthy.

Another AFC team who has a shot Colts or Ravens. Right now the edge goes to the Colts.

Going to add DPOY (Defensive Player of the Year):Justin Houston

Might as well do DROY(Defensive Rookie of the Year)Leonard Williams

I would like to see Bud Dupree and Marcus Peters get it, but it will be super impressive if they do. Marcus peters has a rough schedule ahead of him and tough division along with Dupree having a rough one as well. Going to have to get good fast.

Edited: 08/03/2015 at 09:47 AM by Twentemarina

Aug 3, 2015 at 11:28:28 AM
Twentemarina (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Lol @ people all talking shit that Dez got in a fight in training camp. Fuck, come on people, it's super hot, training camp and you have a bunch of competitive alpha males battling it out. If you don't have a fight, you're team is soft.

There is a fight at every single training camp in the NFL, every single year. I love training camp, I wish they did full coverage on training camp for every team.

Aug 3, 2015 at 11:28:52 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
I'm feeling VERY good about my Packers. Sure, I'm a homer, but we've retained all of our true key weapons, hell Cobb could have taken more money else-where but stayed. I think he will take it to another level this year and become our #1 receiver ahead of Nelson. Lacy should be very comfortable in our system now and we were thankfully able to keep Bulaga.

We absolutely shot ourselves in the foot last year and handed over tickets to the Seahawks for the Superbowl. One of the most difficult losses to experience as a hardcore Packers fan. I feel confident they are playing with a chip on their shoulder now, those damn Seahawks have had our number for a minute.

From an NFC perspective, the Seahawks will certainly be a force with all their key players signed now for a few years. Jimmy Graham should be a ridiculous weapon for Wilson. Of course the Cowboys will be up there too. Other than that, for some reason I think the Panthers and Giants will climb the ranks this year.

Should be a great year and time for NFC to bring the trophy back . Speaking of, Quest - we doing an NA Fantasy league this year?

Aug 3, 2015 at 11:37:07 AM
Twentemarina (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

I'm feeling VERY good about my Packers. Sure, I'm a homer, but we've retained all of our true key weapons, hell Cobb could have taken more money else-where but stayed. I think he will take it to another level this year and become our #1 receiver ahead of Nelson. Lacy should be very comfortable in our system now and we were thankfully able to keep Bulaga.

We absolutely shot ourselves in the foot last year and handed over tickets to the Seahawks for the Superbowl. One of the most difficult losses to experience as a hardcore Packers fan. I feel confident they are playing with a chip on their shoulder now, those damn Seahawks have had our number for a minute.

From an NFC perspective, the Seahawks will certainly be a force with all their key players signed now for a few years. Jimmy Graham should be a ridiculous weapon for Wilson. Of course the Cowboys will be up there too. Other than that, for some reason I think the Panthers and Giants will climb the ranks this year.

Should be a great year and time for NFC to bring the trophy back . Speaking of, Quest - we doing an NA Fantasy league this year?

I would hope to be able to do a fantasy league, especially if we can do at least like $5 or something league where there is a drive to stay comeptitive. I get tired of free leagues and people not being strategic after the first couple weeks when they start losing.

Don't know why I forgot to mention the cowboys as a shot to win the superbowl. They stand a very good chance, easily in the top 3 in the NFC. The giants are climbing, but they are not going to the superbowl without a little hot streak in the end. 

I don't think anyone is even considering mention the redskins for discussion for years, especially with their current quarterback. I like the panthers, but, I just don't think they do anything this year to affect the playoffs. Also everyone has basically forgot about the Saints. Not sure I'm worried about them either.

Edited: 08/03/2015 at 11:40 AM by Twentemarina

Aug 3, 2015 at 11:41:25 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: Twentemarina

Originally posted by: Boosted52405

I would hope to be able to do a fantasy league, especially if we can do at least like $5 or something league where there is a drive to stay comeptitive. I get tired of free leagues and people not being strategic after the first couple weeks when they start losing.

Don't know why I forgot to mention the cowboys as a shot to win the superbowl. They stand a very good chance, easily in the top 3 in the NFC. The giants are climbing, but they are not going to the superbowl without a little hot streak in the end. 

I don't think anyone is even considering mention the redskins for discussion for years, especially with their current quarterback. I like the panthers, but, I just don't think they do anything this year to affect the playoffs. Also everyone has basically forgot about the Saints. Not sure I'm worried about them either.
Yep we usually have 1-2 leagues here on NA that Quest runs.  Not sure if he's running them again this year.  I think $50/$60 to join and we do payouts with NES/SNES carts.  Pretty awesome leagues IMO.

Aug 3, 2015 at 11:42:22 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
I have no idea what to expect from the Eagles. So many changes

Hoping for a good year, and it not, I hope we at least beat the bitch-ass Cowboys

Aug 3, 2015 at 11:44:26 AM
Twentemarina (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: Br81zad

Hoping for a good year, and it not, I hope we at least beat the bitch-ass Cowboys
Sorry bud, you're going to find out quick, Chip Kelly just made you guys enter a long season.

Aug 3, 2015 at 11:46:00 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: Twentemarina

Originally posted by: Br81zad

Sorry bud, you're going to find out quick, Chip Kelly just made you guys enter a long season.

That's very likely to be true. We'll find out soon enough

Aug 3, 2015 at 11:46:37 AM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
J-E-T-S! JETS JETS - wait, Geno Smith is our starter? Like, for real or... excuse me, I have to go punch... things.

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Aug 3, 2015 at 11:48:11 AM
Twentemarina (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: zi

J-E-T-S! JETS JETS - wait, Geno Smith is our starter? Like, for real or... excuse me, I have to go punch... things.

I think the last good quarterback the Jets have had was like Chad Pennington and that's not a good thing.

Aug 3, 2015 at 6:23:49 PM
Twentemarina (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Matt Elam for the ravens is done for the season. Shame for Ravens fans hoping he was going to form into something good this year instead of being awful. Either way I feel bad for the dude than the team.

Probably better for the Ravens he's done but there is always a chance he turned into a stud. 

Also a huge shame, Senquez Golson, the 2nd rounder for the Steelers looking to bring a ball hawk to the defense is also facing a season ending shoulder injury. Now we know why the Steelers were so actively pursuing boykin. Albeit, they were pursuing him in the draft, they now were forced to.

Edited: 08/03/2015 at 06:26 PM by Twentemarina

Aug 4, 2015 at 6:02:02 PM
TENGEN (177)
(DK ) < King Solomon >
New York
There goes Arian Foster for the first 6-8 weeks of the season.

Aug 4, 2015 at 6:15:44 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Besides being a Cowboys fan, what did Twentemarina do that was offensive enough to get him banned? Lol

Edited: 08/04/2015 at 06:16 PM by Br81zad

Aug 4, 2015 at 6:23:59 PM
pdelponte (5)

(Ass Clown) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
I don't follow the NFL that hardcore, but these are a few things I enjoy during the season:

I like seeing the Broncos win.
I like seeing the Cowboys loose.
I like seeing Philip Rivers cry.
I like seeing the Raiders embarrass themselves.

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:41:37 PM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
Last season was a painful one for me and my Bears. I'm optimistic this year with new management across the board. I realize there will be growing pains, and I'm not expecting anything higher that 7-9 or 8-8. If we squeaked a wild card spot, I'd be pretty surprised (and quite pleased). I'm more hoping we work out some wrinkles this year and are ready to actually compete next year.

To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:49:18 PM
MrClutch (161)
(Ron W) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: TENGEN

There goes Arian Foster for the first 6-8 weeks of the season.
At least he got it out of the way before the fantasy football drafts start. The guy can be a fantasy stud but it's always such a damn guessing game as to how many games he'll actually play.

Let me remove the eggplant curse.

Aug 5, 2015 at 5:25:04 AM
WashYourFace (4)
(Jay ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Johnny Football can't be stopped. I mean his last name is literally football. Browns win it all, undefeated.

Now playing:
• Ni no Kuni
Listening to:
• "Second Hand News" -Fleetwood Mac

I am one of the elite in game playing circles... a "Nintendo Lemming Master"

Edited: 08/05/2015 at 05:25 AM by WashYourFace

Aug 10, 2015 at 12:59:02 PM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: WashYourFace

Johnny Football can't be stopped. I mean his last name is literally football. Browns win it all, undefeated.

I like the cut of your jib.... go Browns!

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Aug 10, 2015 at 11:47:32 PM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
I've always liked the Browns for really no reason in particular. I have no reason to like them other than I liked Bernie Kosar and Vinny Testaverde and Michael Jackson. I'm also one of the rare few who actually like the brown jerseys and orange helmets. Could be the underdog thing. If they get good and cocky I might end up hating them. I've been hearing good things about Johnny poo poo pants this year.

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:50:55 AM
TENGEN (177)
(DK ) < King Solomon >
New York
I've actually always hated teams from Ohio ever since my sister went to Oberlin and I was dragged on two car rides a year from MA-OH.

But still, it's hard not to feel for how much it has sucked to be a Browns fan the past 20 years. You guys have been tormented enough and I honestly hope you can get a good team together soon.

Aug 11, 2015 at 12:30:54 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
I don't have much faith in the Bengals as long as Dalton is still the QB. I wouldn't be surprised if they make the playoffs again this year only to get knocked out in the first round for the fifth straight year.

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Aug 11, 2015 at 2:11:57 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

I don't have much faith in the Bengals as long as Dalton is still the QB. I wouldn't be surprised if they make the playoffs again this year only to get knocked out in the first round for the fifth straight year.

I dont know if its all on dalton. He is like tannehill to me. Just sucks some games, but it seems the playcalling for the bengals is wildly inconsistent. Bengals offense should be one of the best in the NFL but it just stalls out so much and I dont think its all dalton. Bengals rely too much on deep balls to aj green.  And when that connection is not working they start forcing everything to green on quick routes. Need to spread it around more. With Bernard and Hill the bengals should be marching down the field consistently.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 08/11/2015 at 02:12 PM by quest4nes

Aug 11, 2015 at 2:15:23 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Geno Smith just got his jaw broken in the Jets locker room. Out 6-10 weeks lol.

Edited: 08/11/2015 at 02:17 PM by BeaglePuss