Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sunsoft test cartridges I found what seem to be test cartridges for some sunsoft games.

Jun 22, 2018 at 9:06:17 AM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
If these are for sale let me know, I'm interested in Gremlins.

-------------------------
Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Jun 22, 2018 at 6:45:54 PM
Shane (146)
(Excellence of Execution) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: BigJohn82

Originally posted by: Shane

Originally posted by: introless

I forgot all about this topic. Would be nice to know more about the Gremlins one and if it's any earlier than what's out there already.

A friend of mine ended up purchasing the protos and the guys Sunsoft employee jacket and I eventually got it all from him for my collection quite a few months back. I have the protos from him for Gremlins 2, Dr. Chaos, Ultima, Galaxian and the Batman thats missing the roms. I cant really provide any specifics about the protos themselves as I have not tested or opened them up since I got them.

Just curious, why haven't you fired them up? 

My buddy said he tested them all and they all worked with the exception of Batman obviously so I didnt bother once I got them back in January. I have a 16 month old that keeps me busy when im home so collecting hasnt been a main focus for me for a while now. I still grab a box or two here and there but the hunt/chase isnt a priority anymore. I do plan to take pics sometime soon so I can be added to the proto owners list though.

Congrats on the baby! Definitely understand where you're coming from. 

Jun 22, 2018 at 7:20:24 PM
BigJohn82 (95)
(John Christmann) < Eggplant Wizard >
California

Originally posted by: introless

I forgot all about this topic. Would be nice to know more about the Gremlins one and if it's any earlier than what's out there already.

A friend of mine ended up purchasing the protos and the guys Sunsoft employee jacket and I eventually got it all from him for my collection quite a few months back. I have the protos from him for Gremlins 2, Dr. Chaos, Ultima, Galaxian and the Batman thats missing the roms. I cant really provide any specifics about the protos themselves as I have not tested or opened them up since I got them.

Just curious, why haven't you fired them up? 

My buddy said he tested them all and they all worked with the exception of Batman obviously so I didnt bother once I got them back in January. I have a 16 month old that keeps me busy when im home so collecting hasnt been a main focus for me for a while now. I still grab a box or two here and there but the hunt/chase isnt a priority anymore. I do plan to take pics sometime soon so I can be added to the proto owners list though.

Congrats on the baby! Definitely understand where you're coming from. 

Thanks man, appreciate it! Its our first and we are enjoying every minute of it. I just cant wait for him to be old enough to game with me, go hunting at flea markets/thrifts and one day pass my collection on to him(hopefully). So many good things to look forward to!!

NES Collection: Licensed -SE Cart Set Complete!!!
732 Games (676 Licensed, 56 Unlicensed)

Most Wanted: Mega Man 1 Manual and Empty NES Boxes.

Edited: 06/22/2018 at 07:21 PM by BigJohn82

Jun 22, 2018 at 11:27:40 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
I call bullshit on you "enjoying every minute of it."

Jun 25, 2018 at 5:12:28 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
If he worked at Sunsoft, how did you roommate get a proto of an FCI game? Interesting.
I also wonder if there are some differences with the final builds

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:09:08 PM
BigJohn82 (95)
(John Christmann) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

I call bullshit on you "enjoying every minute of it."

Ok, you got me. Nearly every minute of it lol.

NES Collection: Licensed -SE Cart Set Complete!!!
732 Games (676 Licensed, 56 Unlicensed)

Most Wanted: Mega Man 1 Manual and Empty NES Boxes.

Edited: 06/26/2018 at 04:10 PM by BigJohn82