Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Rough price for Mario brothers arcade machine please:) have pics just a quick price idea

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:08:13 PM
bongoben (45)
(Ben White) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: MCMROSE

that is awesome Ben, thank you so much for that info as well as everyone else! I'll be picking it up tomorrow! I'll just keep it as mario bros, but stoked to get a score save for it!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I LOVE my Mario Bros Widebody cab... probably my favorite game in my gameroom.  It's just a great game and gets really tough as you get up to higher levels.  And two player with my kids is always fun too.

-------------------------

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:38:15 PM
MCMROSE (43)
(Matt "Halo fruit cake") < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
Sad to say, I got there to get it, and it was a pile. Luckily he had it pluged in to show me why it needed a cap kit...sure the screen was a little squished, actually bearable, but the game board was super glitchy. You couldn't even read the title screen, it was jibberish, and mario didn't look noramal?! and flashed all over the screen when you moved him around. I told the guy there were issues other than needing a cap kit and he just looked at me funny and said I quote "I guess I'm not seeing what you are seeing, it has always been like this" so I let the title screen roll again and said look, you can't even read where it is supposed to say mario brothers...it's just computer jibberish, and he said again, sorry I just don't see it!...lol...so I shook his hand, thanked him for his time and left sadly. $300.00 was to steep for that many issues I felt, and at that point I was scared to offer less and run into other things...so sadly, no mario Bros this week

mcmrose.com

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:41:49 PM
tacolinowest (11)
(john t) < El Ripper >
New York
tuff luck, dont worry, more will come around, i just got my popeye machine yesterday and there were roaches inside...

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:44:46 PM
MCMROSE (43)
Oregon
lol, awesome! it's like cracker jack with a free prize inside! Do you have pics of it?

mcmrose.com

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:45:38 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
I wouldn't have paid the $300 for it, in that condition, but until you recap the monitor, there's no telling how significant the other issues were.

A lot of the more popular older PCB's have troubleshooting guides that show what chips correspond to specific graphical glitches. It may have been really easy to fix once it was recapped.

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:08:43 PM
MCMROSE (43)
Oregon
^^really good point, just rubbed me wrong when he said he didn't see it, so I just had that "it's not worth it" feeling running through me, even to offer less, oh well...I'm learning as it goes which is great! Thanks for all the input on everything too, it really helps for the future

mcmrose.com

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:10:18 PM
tacolinowest (11)
(john t) < El Ripper >
New York

lol, awesome! it's like cracker jack with a free prize inside! Do you have pics of it?

no, no pics, but im afraid that they will infest my house and never leave

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:14:20 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
Major bummer, Matt... Oh well, when you come across one in great condition in the future, you will be happy you left that hunk of junk behind!

And I should add - I am SO glad that there are no cockroaches in Southern Alberta... I've never seen one in my life, and I never want to (Same with rats, Alberta is Rat-Free)

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:14:33 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: tacolinowest

no, no pics, but im afraid that they will infest my house and never leave

bug bomb the machine.

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:15:55 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: AllYourBase

Major bummer, Matt... Oh well, when you come across one in great condition in the future, you will be happy you left that hunk of junk behind!

And I should add - I am SO glad that there are no cockroaches in Southern Alberta... I've never seen one in my life, and I never want to (Same with rats, Alberta is Rat-Free)

They're pretty gross, but cockroaches aren't in the same league as rats.  Not by a mile.

When I was in college, we saw a rat the size of a small dog.  It was possibly the most heinous thing I've ever seen in person.  It lived under one of the fraternity's decks, and they called it "Mr. Big".