Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nasty surprises from an online purchase "Item not as described"

Oct 06 at 7:45:05 PM
GPX (1)

< Meka Chicken >
A thread not for the feint-hearted, a discussion of grizzly details of an old retro game you had purchased online. Only upon receiving said item and opening up the package/game, to find out there were hidden horrors that....weren’t in the damn description of the damn listing!!

Edited: 10/06/2019 at 08:04 PM by GPX

Oct 06 at 7:52:00 PM
GPX (1)

< Meka Chicken >
My biggest horror was buying a boxed game and when inspecting the cart, there was a dead spider with its body and legs covering the entire extension from front to back of the cart. And a few spider webs too.

I still remember the horror incident very well, happened around 4 years ago. Still remember the seller ID, and haven't bought from him/her ever again. Thankfully I got a partial refund.

Oct 06 at 8:34:58 PM
NES Connoisseur (0)
(Nintendo Enthusiast ) < Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: GPX

My biggest horror was buying a boxed game and when inspecting the cart, there was a dead spider with its body and legs covering the entire extension from front to back of the cart. And a few spider webs too.

I still remember the horror incident very well, happened around 4 years ago. Still remember the seller ID, and haven't bought from him/her ever again. Thankfully I got a partial refund.

“Partial refund “shoot you should of gotten a FULL REFUND!Better than you ,than me ..Because I would of raised cain to get my money back on the damn thing ..

Oct 06 at 9:47:33 PM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Spider!! Why did it have to be spiders

-------------------------

Oct 07 at 12:10:18 AM
GPX (1)

< Meka Chicken >
Originally posted by: NES Connoisseur

“Partial refund “shoot you should of gotten a FULL REFUND!Better than you ,than me ..Because I would of raised cain to get my money back on the damn thing .
It was a pretty cheap game and I didn’t want to make a big deal out of the situation. On the other hand, imagine if it was a gift for some kid with arachnophobia, sheesh!

Oct 07 at 1:38:07 AM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
My nasty surprise happened today when I read that some NA members don't think you need to disclose smoke smell when selling items online.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Oct 07 at 5:55:15 AM
hoisinberg (0)
< Crack Trooper >
1. An original Xbox controller. All of the buttons and analog sticks appeared clean at first glance, but looking at all of the cracks around and between it, they were filled with a delicious thick congealed layer of ketchup.

2. Wipeout for PlayStation. This 1 of 1 special edition version had an instruction manual that was as stiff as cardboard because it had previously been soaking in cat urine.

Oct 07 at 7:32:08 AM
CaLan87 (5)
(Cody ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Originally posted by: coffeewithmrsaturn

My nasty surprise happened today when I read that some NA members don't think you need to disclose smoke smell when selling items online.

Its probably just the ones who smoke that think that way.

*** Check out my WTB thread!! ***
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 07 at 9:54:27 AM
Woobie (20)

< Eggplant Wizard >

Please tell me when you asked for a refund you said "Item not as described - game had a few bugs in it"

Oct 07 at 10:02:19 AM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Woobie

Please tell me when you asked for a refund you said "Item not as described - game had a few bugs in it"

Hahah nice.  

I had a somewhat similar experience.  Won a lot on ebay several years ago that had a few playstation consoles and accessories, and when I opened the box, a bunch of spiders (a lot) starting crawling out of it.  I threw the whole box away.  I don't even think I asked for a refund at the time, I just threw it all away nad moved on hahah.

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Oct 07 at 10:28:02 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: sadikyo

Originally posted by: Woobie

Hahah nice.  

I had a somewhat similar experience.  Won a lot on ebay several years ago that had a few playstation consoles and accessories, and when I opened the box, a bunch of spiders (a lot) starting crawling out of it.  I threw the whole box away.  I don't even think I asked for a refund at the time, I just threw it all away nad moved on hahah.

Reading this gives me goosebumps and makes me wanna go throw up.  Wowza.

Oct 07 at 12:43:51 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Spiders in old games happens a lot. Especially if you go to yard sales and flea markets, then you become accustomed. That and finding stuff that smells like smoke.

Playas Guide Logo