Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Complete Set of Custom N64 End Labels Post 'em if ya got 'em.

Sep 22, 2010 at 12:14:10 PM
whitetrashshayno (92)
(Shayne Tellian) < El Ripper >
California
no beast wars label? fail

Sep 22, 2010 at 1:16:02 PM
rokubungi (164)
(The Guardian) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
I would be in for a Nintendo published titles only lot but there are just so many sports and junk on the n64 I'd never want a full set.

-------------------------
If you have any GBA signage or kiosk I would be interested. Please send me a PM because I'm only here about once a month now but I'm still VERY interested in large system signage or small playable kiosks related to the GBA.

Sep 23, 2010 at 7:37:06 PM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas
bumps

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.

Sep 24, 2010 at 9:04:37 AM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas
Come on! We only need one more pre order!!

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.

Sep 24, 2010 at 9:35:11 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
It looks like his work is quality, and the price isn't bad. If I had the $$, as well as a majority of N64 games, I'd be in. Hopefully you find a 4th one soon

edit: question already answer, my fault for not reading through the thread

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 09/24/2010 at 09:36 AM by dra600n

Sep 24, 2010 at 8:08:47 PM
Sparky1821 (18)
(Mr. Anderson) < El Ripper >
Nebraska
Im in!!!

All I need is an F'n Myriad and an F'n NWC!!!!! 

SNES-VB-N64 software libraries complete

Sep 26, 2010 at 10:26:51 AM
shenske (0)

(seth fenske) < Cherub >
Colorado
I think its a great idea but ...

I don't totally feel comfortable with this guy taking custom cover artwork he didn't make so he can make a quick buck.

Check out some of the spines from the covers that thecoverproject.net provides for free.
Look familiar? The only reason he is able to make a complete set for the N64 is because we have a complete set of all the covers on our site.

Diddy Kong Racing
http://www.thecoverproject.net/vi...
Super Mario 64
Legend of Zelda
Super Smash Bros.
StarFox 64

Shall I continue?

Normally I wouldn't do this but since i feel so uncomfortably about this guy making money off of other people's hard work (not to mention overpricing)feel free to drop by thecoverproject.net and i'll make you all the top labels you want for FREE!!!!
I'll explain how to print them off yourself and i'll provide all the actual competed top label images.

Cheers!

-Shenske

Sep 26, 2010 at 11:02:26 AM
Aquanistic (25)
(: Alex :) < El Ripper >
United States
Here's some more links for the concerned fella above:

See my edited post above for free ready-to-print 300 dpi labels that I made myself.  

My FO / FT Thread

Sep 26, 2010 at 12:33:30 PM
shenske (0)

(seth fenske) < Cherub >
Colorado
@Aquanistic

Good, i'm glad you provided your labels for free. Thats the way it should be as the image property rights do not belong to us, thus we have no right to sell them.

Sep 27, 2010 at 5:14:43 PM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas

I was going to just leave this alone because I thought it was obvious, but the seller asked me to post something about it. 

First, FTR, NA doesn't support the plagerism implied in your posts.  That said, I personally scaned, organized, and uploaded 99% of the NA N64 database...and I consider those images fair game for who ever wants to do whatever with them (as long as it's not making "fake" shit).  In my personal opinion, anything that you post on the internet, and freely claim no copyrights to, is up for grabs to whom ever wants to use it for whatever. 

The seller says:

"All artwork is customer provide and/or copyright to their respective companies. All artwork provided is free of charge! The cost for these labels cover the vinyl print media, UV lamination, electrical cost to run these machines, and shipping cost. These decals are high quality vinyl (not paper) self-adhesive decals with a UV lamination."

and not to mention the hours and hours that go into compiling, formatting, and organizing these things. 

If you have further issues with this, I suggest you take it up with the seller, not me.  Respect. 

Check out my dev blog.

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:18:32 PM
Sparky1821 (18)
(Mr. Anderson) < El Ripper >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: Mario's Right Nut

I was going to just leave this alone because I thought it was obvious, but the seller asked me to post something about it. 

First, FTR, NA doesn't support the plagerism implied in your posts.  That said, I personally scaned, organized, and uploaded 99% of the NA N64 database...and I consider those images fair game for who ever wants to do whatever with them (as long as it's not making "fake" shit).  In my personal opinion, anything that you post on the internet, and freely claim no copyrights to, is up for grabs to whom ever wants to use it for whatever. 

The seller says:

"All artwork is customer provide and/or copyright to their respective companies. All artwork provided is free of charge! The cost for these labels cover the vinyl print media, UV lamination, electrical cost to run these machines, and shipping cost. These decals are high quality vinyl (not paper) self-adhesive decals with a UV lamination."

and not to mention the hours and hours that go into compiling, formatting, and organizing these things. 

If you have further issues with this, I suggest you take it up with the seller, not me.  Respect. 

Right on! .....well anyways, I don't want to heavily debate this issue, but I will say...it's not someone making tons of money off someone else's work because this person will have to work a crap ton of hours to make a full set of these, I for one...think the price is just right!

All I need is an F'n Myriad and an F'n NWC!!!!! 

SNES-VB-N64 software libraries complete

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:39:14 PM
Aquanistic (25)
United States
Originally posted by: Sparky1821

Originally posted by: Mario's Right Nut

The seller says:

Right on! .....well anyways, I don't want to heavily debate this issue, but I will say...it's not someone making tons of money off someone else's work because this person will have to work a crap ton of hours to make a full set of these, I for one...think the price is just right!

Well, technically all he's doing is cutting out the ready-made graphics from the cover project and having them printed on stickers.  I know this isn't any of my business, but it just doesn't seem right.  

My FO / FT Thread

Sep 28, 2010 at 7:36:31 AM
mrbigreddog (10)

(Mr. BigRedDog) < Tourian Tourist >
United States
Hello everyone! I decided to join this site so I could defend myself! Since shenske was nice enough to join JUST to slam me, and to point out the few labels that YES I took from his site, rather than e-mail me or talk to me directly... But I want to make everyone happy, I wish for no enemies!
What's really funny about all this is... None of this label printing was my idea!

sean @ sega-16.com Hi,
I need someone to make me a label for super mario bros for sega genesis.
I got the games yesterday in its mega drive form. But i put to much force on the cart and it shattered but, the board survived.

And then after I did that ONE LABEL. I started getting slammed with people asking... "can you do SNES carts, can you do Everdrive labels, can you do 32x end labels... so on and so on..." I have the ability, people were asking for someone to do it for them. So I offered and all I ask is to cover my media, time, and shipping! If you think my prices are too high, then don't order from me! Easy enough. If you have the ability to print them yourself, great! I appreciate thecoverproject.net resources. And they are free to use as we want, correct? Even more so, I had a customer point me to that site to use the artwork! "hey man can you make end labels for the n64, here's a good site where you can get the artwork!" I never knew it was such a big deal! And when I'm done creating the n64 end label full set (USA set) you'll see that 90% of the labels don't look like the spin of the designs on thecoverproject.net the other 10%, YEAH! I like the design and based it on those 10%! And when I'm done with the end label designs, if shenske agrees, I'll upload all the finalized artwork to thecoverproject.net so EVERYONE can download and make their own end labels! But if you don't want to print your own labels, come see me! I have plenty of happy customers! Here's my feedback thread for Sega-16.com http://www.sega-16.com/forum/show...

And yes, for the small order that someone requested, I pull the artwork directly from thecoverproject.net (so that's the samples I have) but I'm working on the full set, and I want everything to be uniform (which I cannot get on thecoverproject.net)

And just to help prove that I'm actually not just (downloading, copy & pasting) here is a sample of the line art that I've made for this full set project!

Edited: 09/28/2010 at 10:14 AM by mrbigreddog

Sep 28, 2010 at 9:33:22 AM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
"And when I'm done with the end label designs, if shenske agrees, I'll upload all the finalized artwork to thecoverproject.net so EVERYONE can download and make their on end labels! But if you don't want to print your own labels, come see me!"

I don't know how you can argue with that. I mean, regardless if anyone thinks he is scamming people or charging too much, that is a pretty cool thing to do! I would be very interested in this! I can't afford the $100 labels, and I don't have all the N64 games yet, so this would be incredible for you to do.

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Sep 28, 2010 at 11:34:11 AM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Does the price drop even more with a greater number of takers?

Sep 28, 2010 at 11:44:27 AM
mrbigreddog (10)

United States
I'd be willing to do that!
So lets say $100 with 4 preorders
$90 with 8 preorders
$80 with 12 preorders

so on and so forth...

Sep 28, 2010 at 11:52:42 AM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
Woohoo! We just need 40 more people and we all get 'em free!

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Sep 28, 2010 at 12:40:45 PM
mrbigreddog (10)

United States
Originally posted by: sadikyo

Woohoo! We just need 40 more people and we all get 'em free!

Right... hehe..

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:29:03 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

I am excited to get your 32x label set (got one from GameGavel). Has anyone talked to you yet about potentially printing out NES controller overlay decals? AllYourBase has designed some awesome ones....

ETA:  This thread-  http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&...

Edited: 09/28/2010 at 01:30 PM by captmorgandrinker

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:50:58 PM
mrbigreddog (10)

United States
Hey Dave! Yeah they shipped out yesterday!  Never thought about NES controller overlay!  I'll give it a look!

Sep 28, 2010 at 6:15:29 PM
Aquanistic (25)
United States
Originally posted by: mrbigreddog

Hello everyone! I decided to join this site so I could defend myself! Since shenske was nice enough to join JUST to slam me, and to point out the few labels that YES I took from his site, rather than e-mail me or talk to me directly... But I want to make everyone happy, I wish for no enemies!
What's really funny about all this is... None of this label printing was my idea!

sean @ sega-16.com Hi,
I got the games yesterday in its mega drive form. But i put to much force on the cart and it shattered but, the board survived.

And then after I did that ONE LABEL. I started getting slammed with people asking... "can you do SNES carts, can you do Everdrive labels, can you do 32x end labels... so on and so on..." I have the ability, people were asking for someone to do it for them. So I offered and all I ask is to cover my media, time, and shipping! If you think my prices are too high, then don't order from me! Easy enough. If you have the ability to print them yourself, great! I appreciate thecoverproject.net resources. And they are free to use as we want, correct? Even more so, I had a customer point me to that site to use the artwork! "hey man can you make end labels for the n64, here's a good site where you can get the artwork!" I never knew it was such a big deal! And when I'm done creating the n64 end label full set (USA set) you'll see that 90% of the labels don't look like the spin of the designs on thecoverproject.net the other 10%, YEAH! I like the design and based it on those 10%! And when I'm done with the end label designs, if shenske agrees, I'll upload all the finalized artwork to thecoverproject.net so EVERYONE can download and make their own end labels! But if you don't want to print your own labels, come see me! I have plenty of happy customers! Here's my feedback thread for Sega-16.com http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11545

And yes, for the small order that someone requested, I pull the artwork directly from thecoverproject.net (so that's the samples I have) but I'm working on the full set, and I want everything to be uniform (which I cannot get on thecoverproject.net)

And just to help prove that I'm actually not just (downloading, copy & pasting) here is a sample of the line art that I've made for this full set project!

Cool.  Thanks for joining and showing us your face

My FO / FT Thread

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:13:08 PM
Tighe (0)
(Tighe Lory) < Crack Trooper >
New York
Wow those are awesome! Way better than what the bonehead owner my local game store does:

Yes that is in Sharpie. 

Arcade Games: Propcycle | Marvel Vs Capcom | Galaga | Neo Geo MVS | Mortal Kombat | Street Fighter Alpha (board) | Double Dragon (board) | Marvel Vs Capcom (board)
MVS Carts: Spinmaster | Samurai Shodown | Samurai Shodown 3 | Puzzle Bobble | 120-in-1 Multi Cart

Edited: 09/28/2010 at 10:13 PM by Tighe

Sep 29, 2010 at 5:20:01 PM
mrbigreddog (10)

United States
WOW Tighe.... Looks like you need some end labels!!

Sep 29, 2010 at 5:20:09 PM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas
The BigRedDog is done up through DK 64. They are looking nice.

Check out my dev blog.

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:25:12 PM
shenske (0)

(seth fenske) < Cherub >
Colorado
Originally posted by: mrbigreddog

sean @ sega-16.com Hi,

And then after I did that ONE LABEL. I started getting slammed with people asking... "can you do SNES carts, can you do Everdrive labels, can you do 32x end labels... so on and so on..." I have the ability, people were asking for someone to do it for them. So I offered and all I ask is to cover my media, time, and shipping! If you think my prices are too high, then don't order from me! Easy enough. If you have the ability to print them yourself, great! I appreciate thecoverproject.net resources. And they are free to use as we want, correct? Even more so, I had a customer point me to that site to use the artwork! "hey man can you make end labels for the n64, here's a good site where you can get the artwork!" I never knew it was such a big deal! And when I'm done creating the n64 end label full set (USA set) you'll see that 90% of the labels don't look like the spin of the designs on thecoverproject.net the other 10%, YEAH! I like the design and based it on those 10%! And when I'm done with the end label designs, if shenske agrees, I'll upload all the finalized artwork to thecoverproject.net so EVERYONE can download and make their own end labels! But if you don't want to print your own labels, come see me! I have plenty of happy customers! Here's my feedback thread for Sega-16.com http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11545

@MrBigRedDog

It was not my intention to flame you or try and post a discrepancy about the quality of the product you are offering. Like i said before I've used vinyl before and the quality is VERY VERY good. I was upset about some of the images used and the price.

I was upset that some of the images you used were recreations by myself. Like it was pointed out before that we spend a lot of time cleaning and recreating logos from scratch to make them appear retail (or close to it). Sometimes it can take hours in illustrator and photoshop to recreate a logo or an image so it looks just right. 
If we take all this time to create something free for the public and we see someone using the exact recreated images/logos for profit it can kind of get under my skin. 

Price:
I have no problem with you using the recreated images i have made or anything you can find on thecoverproject but when i saw the price thats what got at me. I understand that labor is not factored and its not exactly convenient for you to offer the label printing service. 
I just have my mind completely set in the "free mode" since I've been making covers for years out of the kindness of my heart for anyone at no price. I've been offered commission money to create a cover or print off a cover for people many times but have always turned it down. 
I have printed some for some dedicated members but i didn't charge them anything outside of the cost for the print and the shipping cost. I just get their covers printed put next time i'm at office max getting my own printed. 
Since you already work at a print-shop then it shouldn't be that inconvenient for you to print them while you're already there. I understand that Ink costs money too (not $52 worth) but labor shouldn't be factored into at all. If you are already there and the customer is willing to pay for the print and the shipping then everything outside of that is profit. Since neither of us own the image rights i don't think it is ethical to make any profit on the images used at all.

People have there right to pay you for your services even if the price in my opinion is too high. Not everyone has the ability to go out and print the labels off themselves and you are offering that to them. Like i said many times before the main problem i have is the amount you charge ($100) exceeds the cost of printing the labels out, yes even on vinyl. I understand that you didn't come up with the idea of the labels or the amount you charge but you are still standing by that amount now. 

As far as your offer goes for hosting the labels on thecoverproject.net, i think that is a great idea. As long as they pass quality control and we as a site decide that we will host top labels then i have absolutely no problem with it. We are currently discussing if it is appropriate for thecoverproject.net to host top labels (since they were not officially used) so if we decide to do that then i look forward to adding your labels to the site. 

- Shenske