NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

....Losers Weepers

Mar 26, 2011 at 4:23:57 AM
mobiusclimber (105)
(Bill Rice) < El Ripper >
Washington
I've got two stories, will start with the less painful first:

1) I was working overnight as a security guard, just got paid, no money in my bank account or paypal account. I'm going thru Ebay (what else is there to do while guarding a building?) and see a BIN auction for Duck Tales 2. For $15. I try to win it only to be told I'd have to pay immediately. XD Of course when I get home, it's sold.

2) Saw a craigslist ad from someone who got some NES games from a friend that used to work at Nintendo (I live in Seattle, close to the Redmond headquarters). They are selling them for some very low price. There are about ten or so, maybe less, including I think four that have "strange labels" that are just printed on a white sticker. I email them only to be told the lot was "just sold." I find out the next day someone on Digitpress got it. Four prototype NES games, including a Final Fantasy proto. Urgh!!!!

Edited: 03/26/2011 at 04:25 AM by mobiusclimber

Mar 26, 2011 at 7:58:02 AM
Sticky (185)
(Sn0 Bro) < Kraid Killer >
United States
I had a dream last night I had an epic score. Alas it was just a dream.

Mar 26, 2011 at 9:15:43 AM
technicalfoul (26)
(Dylan B-D) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Originally posted by: mobiusclimber

1) I was working overnight as a security guard, just got paid, no money in my bank account or paypal account. I'm going thru Ebay (what else is there to do while guarding a building?) and see a BIN auction for Duck Tales 2. For $15. I try to win it only to be told I'd have to pay immediately. XD Of course when I get home, it's sold.

This is why you use PayPal with a credit card

-------------------------

Mar 26, 2011 at 1:58:29 PM
mobiusclimber (105)
(Bill Rice) < El Ripper >
Washington
I still don't own a credit card. LOL

Mar 27, 2011 at 9:28:16 PM
dcart3 (17)
(Drew C.) < Crack Trooper >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Sticky

I had a dream last night I had an epic score. Alas it was just a dream.

haha you know whats funny... I had a dream just like that the other night. I was in this old video game store and they had little samson, F2, and color a dino. I immediately pick up the f2 that has a price tag of 3 bucks, guy says to me " hold on you grabbed that kind of quick let me check online first to check the price". I immediately respond by offering him $150 for all 3 CIB's. He gladly takes the offer. I walk outside to my car smiling from ear to ear and I wake up. 

I was pissed when I woke up but this dream gave me so much motivation to go out on the hunt. And what do you know i make a major Sega score that next day. Not Nintendo but hey its still a score. 

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:06:14 PM
uiengineer (220)
(jeff .) < King Solomon >
Illinois
on chicago's craigslist there was a post yesterday for a boxed NES, 2 power gloves, a power pad, 100 or so games, with 40 boxed and 10 sealed for $100.

I emailed the guy from 2 different accounts. NO RESPONSE. Later last night, the post was GONE. I was super psyched about it and was ready to go pick it up right then and there. I'm sad about it now.

did anyone here get this?

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:26:45 AM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
Just missed 3 SNES systems and 63 games on CL. Had earthbound, final fantasy games, Mario RPG, but couldn't get him to haggle from $400. I was supposed to call back last night to get it and forgot and someone was there this morning picking it up when I called

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:35:59 AM
vern77777 (35)
(8==o------ (.)(.)) < Kraid Killer >
Illinois
There was an rediculously mis labeled auction on Egay a couple months ago labeled "old video games xbox" or something like that, with a picture of just an NES console. So I clicked on it and it was a CIB action set, CIB SNES set, and a CIB n64 with like ten CIB games for each console! bidding started at 50$. I saved the search and completely forgot about it. come to find out no one bid on it. So since I had it saved I messaged the seller................ They fucking gave it all away for free to some charity!

Looking for test carts...

Mar 30, 2011 at 6:34:51 PM
Jobber8742 (185)
(Jeff Kilgard) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: uiengineer

on chicago's craigslist there was a post yesterday for a boxed NES, 2 power gloves, a power pad, 100 or so games, with 40 boxed and 10 sealed for $100.

I emailed the guy from 2 different accounts. NO RESPONSE. Later last night, the post was GONE. I was super psyched about it and was ready to go pick it up right then and there. I'm sad about it now.

did anyone here get this?

I responded on this one too while I was at the Midwest Gaming Classic. I responded less than an hour after it was posted. Never did get a response. I first saw it while listening to Ralph Baer speak. I was ready to leave right then. Kept checking my phone every two minutes with no response. Then the listing was pulled.

"I'm not a nerd, I'm a video game enthusiast"

Mar 31, 2011 at 2:11:43 AM
atarumoroboshi18 (4)

(Master Lecher) < Little Mac >
Washington
This one hurt me good! I was on craigslist checking it and saw this amazing Gamecube lot! It had multiple Mario Partys, a Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition, a Wind Waker, a Master Quest, etc. with a Gamecube system w/ 2 controllers and both cords and everything looked fantastic/complete and they we're selling it ALL for $50. Came back a moment later with my cell phone and I pressed refresh to make sure it was still there..."This post has been deleted by the author"

!!!

Edited: 03/31/2011 at 02:13 AM by atarumoroboshi18

Mar 31, 2011 at 3:44:14 PM
theguy1962 (193)
(Hernan Alonso or "Zo") < Kraid Killer >
California
Just missed out on this deal by maybe an hour. Maybe less. Seller was on his way to meet buyer. I decided to put the call off until I got home.  Bad move. http://seattle.craigslist.org/est...

Edited: 03/31/2011 at 03:44 PM by theguy1962

Mar 31, 2011 at 7:52:10 PM
KingofGames (127)

(Adrian Olivera) < El Ripper >
California
Good God, that is a massive haul. I visit my local swap meet religiously. In the past two months, I've missed out on two tremendous gaming finds on days I didn't drop by. The first one was a haul of PS1 RPG's (Suikoden I & II, Xenogears, FF's) for $45. One of the vendors nabbed that lot. A few weeks later, that same vendor told me that another vendor told him that he passed up a strange looking NES game called "Beach Babes" or something like that. I can only imagine it was a copy of Bubble Bath Babes. Considering the stuff that's been showing up, I would not be at all surprised.

Apr 4, 2011 at 8:44:48 AM
killerkobra (91)
(dean belmont) < Ridley Wrangler >
Alberta
27 nes carts for $50 on kijiji. I called like 30 min after the guy posted his add. The game had just been picked up by someone else. I have no idea which games since they were not listed. I'm hoping they were all crappy commons just so I would feel better

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:56:17 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
killerkobra, did you miss out on that deal a couple of months ago? Kris Butler got it and put it all up for sale for $100 a few hours later because he's an idiot. Don't worry, there was nothing special in that lot, although I was sad because I wanted to play Goonies II at the time.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:58:45 PM
Pale Horse (45)
(Shaun ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Had a nice pickup for 20$. So I filled up at the pump for gas, then went to withdraw, turns out the fuckign gas station puts up a 100$ charge if you pay at the pump that lasts the rest of the day.

Still hoping he'll have it tomorrow.

Apr 6, 2011 at 10:52:43 AM
DuarteDF (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Portugal
Saw this guy on a local classified add website selling a little samson cart + another 3 or 4 more common NES games for 10€ (~14$). Messaged him immediately but he had just sold the carts.

I already have a Little Samson cart, but I so wanted another one for 10€...

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:27:36 PM
Nindo (0)
(Shawn Wylie) < Eggplant Wizard >
Georgia
Dang, missed a pretty good deal because I didn't pay enough attention. 
$50 for a CIB SNES Jr. Kirby Super Star is not bad at all.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....

I'm on the hunt for any and all:
Game & Watch games and memorabilia.

PM me if you can help a brotha get way into a slice of any of these.
Thanks in advance!

200 individual NES games Milestone: 201/200 10/16/11

Edited: 04/06/2011 at 02:29 PM by Nindo

Apr 8, 2011 at 10:24:01 AM
Secksies (48)
(Lewis Inc.) < Meka Chicken >
Quebec
Originally posted by: VideoGamesIzFun

I went to the local game store and they had no copies of Stadium Events, Peek-a-boo poker, Hot Slots, ect.

ahahaha, this happen to me every day =(

Save a tree, Eat a Vegetarian

Apr 10, 2011 at 12:06:02 PM
technicalfoul (26)
Ontario
I went to Value Village, 3 Goodwills, and a flea market yesterday. Didn't buy a single game

Apr 10, 2011 at 12:24:30 PM
doesbenfoldfive (162)
(d medley) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
I slept through the fleamarket.

---------------------
MY FS THREAD!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...
---------------------

Apr 10, 2011 at 7:37:41 PM
doesbenfoldfive (162)
(d medley) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
NINTENDO 64 - GAMES ONLY ALL FOR $20.00

Paperboy
Rush 2049
Rush Extreme Racing
Zelda and the Ocarina of Time
Crusin' USA
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

***GAMES IN EXCELLENT CONDITION***

YOU WILL BE DEALING WITH AN ADULT - SO NO SCAMMERS PLEASE.

called. she looked in the closet to see if they were CIB. she called back and said she sold them 6 months ago and forgot.

---------------------
MY FS THREAD!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...
---------------------

Apr 12, 2011 at 6:25:54 AM
Retrogradio (0)
(Al Gritzmacher) < Meka Chicken >
New York
I mentioned this in chat a week ago, but it bears repeating.

I really want a copy of Gun-Nac. In January, I found a copy on Ebay, in excellent condition, for a good price. Snatched it up.

I then became pretty sick and went into the hospital for nearly two months. My landlord collected my mail but wouldn't open my packages to confirm which NES carts arrived. All he could do is tell me how many there were. I had to take it on faith that the sellers followed through.

By the time I got out of the hospital, the auction listing had expired and no longer existed. Unfortunately, I never received my Gun-Nac. Upset, I went into my e-mail and recovered the winning auction confirmation and found the seller's username there. A quick search on Ebay revealed that his account was no longer active. He'd deleted it. There was nobody to file a grievance against. Dude took my money and split, evidently.

I still filed a case with Ebay, claiming that the seller pulled a fly-by-night. Strangely, he left me positive feedback, saying I was a fast payer. So there's proof that he got the money. But Ebay hasn't resolved my claim yet and it's been slightly over a month. I'm beginning to think I'm boned on this one.

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:29:13 PM
Pocky Bandit (15)
(Kyle Rey) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: doesbenfoldfive

called. she looked in the closet to see if they were CIB. she called back and said she sold them 6 months ago and forgot.

Hahaha, some "adult".

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:38:39 PM
technicalfoul (26)
Ontario
Originally posted by: doesbenfoldfive

YOU WILL BE DEALING WITH AN ADULT - SO NO SCAMMERS PLEASE.

Because scamming kids is okay!

Apr 13, 2011 at 9:40:57 AM
Xerxes (20)
(Xerxes Dole) < El Ripper >
Ohio
I have been looking for some minty black box games. I scoped this gum shoe out on ebay, contacted the seller for extra pictures. I was totally ready to pull the trigger but wanted to wait closer to the end of the auction. My wife's parents took us to dinner, and I totally forgot about the auction till we got home and it had ended. Dead mint for like $21