Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA Beat Every NES Game In A Year - 2013 Licensed: 562/677 - Unlicensed: 80/91

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:39:50 PM
scaryice (115)
(scary ice) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: zeldaboy

Can the same person complete games for 2013 that completed them in 2012? Or no? Just curious!

Sure, go ahead.

Originally posted by: WashYourFace

See the FAQ link in the first post... it has a lot of the "completion" requirements (although some are wrong, but most are good).
Looks like Pinball you need 999,990 points\
Speed doesn't matter for Super Mario, just beat the game (I don't think continues are allowed though, unless the code is in the manual).

Pinball doesn't have even have a high score, so it's really not even beatable IMO. I'm trying not to be as tough as AdamL's standards, so we don't need to get the maximum scores or do every loop. I think as long as you play one game and set a high score, then you can call it beaten.

Our standard is to get to the loop point and get the high score, but there's not any stages in it because it's a pinball game. So that's my reasoning there.

-------------------------
WTB/WTTF - Famicom carts (54 needed):

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Edited: 12/31/2012 at 11:45 PM by scaryice

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:40:33 PM
Crabmaster2000 (59)
(K P) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia

Originally posted by: Crabmaster2000

Best part: no glitch when we hit a new page

That is gonna be so freakin awesome for at least a few months!

Wash, we should trade crappy games at the end of the year so we can help each other out. I'll play Side Pocket this time and you can do Break Time, etc.

I don't actually dislike Side Pocket compared to some other games.
Championship Pool is much more grueling, it takes FOREVER.
Probably the most painful among the games I beat in 2012 would be either Shingen the Ruler or Mad Max.

I'll do Mad Max if you do Back to the Future 2 & 3 then

Also wow that you won Bubble Bobble 2. That is a wicked prize. I was the one to beat it this year and it was left until fairly late so you might get a good shot at it if you get it soon. Its not very hard.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000C...

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:

http://rfgenerationcollectorcast....
677/677 Licensed NES Games
94/94 TG16 Games

Edited: 12/31/2012 at 11:41 PM by Crabmaster2000

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:43:59 PM
WashYourFace (4)
(Jay ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio

Best part: no glitch when we hit a new page

That is gonna be so freakin awesome for at least a few months!

Wash, we should trade crappy games at the end of the year so we can help each other out. I'll play Side Pocket this time and you can do Break Time, etc.

I don't actually dislike Side Pocket compared to some other games.
Championship Pool is much more grueling, it takes FOREVER.
Probably the most painful among the games I beat in 2012 would be either Shingen the Ruler or Mad Max.

I'll do Mad Max if you do Back to the Future 2 & 3 then

Also wow that you won Bubble Bobble 2. That is a wicked prize. I was the one to beat it this year and it was left until fairly late so you might get a good shot at it if you get it soon. Its not very hard.

Back when BTTF2/3 was on the list, I put it in and started to play it.
After about 10 minutes I said screw this and started playing something else instead
It looks pretty horrible.
Definitely a November/December game...

Now playing:
• Ni no Kuni
Listening to:
• "Second Hand News" -Fleetwood Mac

I am one of the elite in game playing circles... a "Nintendo Lemming Master"

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:44:13 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
So for the unlicensed multicarts - credit should be split based on how much of the cart gets done. So if you get 1 game on Caltron, you get 1/6 of a point (0.17). The exception is Stakk'M (Maxi 15) since it's the only game needed to beat the cart. (Alternatively, you could give 1 point per game, so 6 points for Caltron, 52 points for Action 52, etc). You should keep track of individual titles beaten when needed (make a note by the game on the main list), and if someone gets all of the games on a cart then they get full credit (assuming split points). Aside from that, it should run pretty much exactly like the licensed games, albeit a few will be tougher for various reasons.

Anyway, Dr. Morbis is over tonight for some hardcore New Years gaming, so we'll both be posting our completions on my account. We'll post which of us beat a game, or if we both play through a 2-player game, we'll split the credit. Just wanted to let you know so we didn't have to log in and out of our accounts to post.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:45:06 PM
Tyme (15)
(Andrew NES) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
I`ll try to get Championship Pool done early this year. I love that game.

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:46:55 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: scaryice

See the FAQ link in the first post... it has a lot of the "completion" requirements (although some are wrong, but most are good).
Speed doesn't matter for Super Mario, just beat the game (I don't think continues are allowed though, unless the code is in the manual).

Pinball doesn't have even have a high score, so it's really not even beatable IMO. I'm trying not to be as tough as AdamL's standards, so we don't need to get the maximum scores or do every loop. I think as long as you play one game and set a high score, then you can call it beaten.

Our standard is to get to the loop point and get the high score, but there's not any stages in it because it's a pinball game. So that's my reasoning there.

Pinball has a score (100K I believe) that the flippers disappear.  When you reach an equal number of points with invisible flippers, they reappear.  That's what beating the came should be...when the flippers become visible again.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:47:44 PM
WashYourFace (4)
(Jay ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Tyme

I`ll try to get Championship Pool done early this year. I love that game.

I think it took me about 14 hours or so, over 4 days.
I would play for a few hours and then just let the game run until the next day.
I was being very slow and methodical though, so maybe someone with more experience wouldn't take so long.

Now playing:
• Ni no Kuni
Listening to:

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:48:51 PM
Vaosu (20)
(Richard Woodard) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Are there any rules on using NES Max turbo buttons, or NES Advantage slow motion?

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:53:42 PM
scaryice (115)
Illinois
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

Pinball has a score (100K I believe) that the flippers disappear.  When you reach an equal number of points with invisible flippers, they reappear.  That's what beating the came should be...when the flippers become visible again.

Apparently I counted it as beat last year after I got 100k points, just to the point where they disappear. So I guess that'll be good enough this year as well then. 100,000 points on Pinball to call it beaten, then.

Edited: 12/31/2012 at 11:55 PM by scaryice

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:53:43 PM
WashYourFace (4)
(Jay ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
What no Sachen games? [kidding]
Seriously though I claim Honey Peach

Now playing:
• Ni no Kuni
Listening to:

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:53:45 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: Vaosu

Are there any rules on using NES Max turbo buttons, or NES Advantage slow motion?

I never had a rule against it, and have used turbo myself to save wear and tear on my thumbs.  It's really Scaryice's call, but I've always chipped in with how I ran it to help him along

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:54:18 PM
scaryice (115)
Illinois

Turbo - not allowed

Slow motion - it's just pausing over and over again right? You should probably just use your normal start button for that.

Edited: 12/31/2012 at 11:58 PM by scaryice

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:54:41 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta

Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

Apparently I counted it as beat last year after I got 100k points, just to the point where they disappear. So I guess that'll be good enough this year as well then.

Yeah, that's definitely fair.  I wouldn't have anything against that, especially since that was the ruling last year.

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:55:38 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta

Turbo - not allowed

Slow motion - it's just pausing over and over again right? That's fine.

That...is the complete opposite of what I'd do.  - Dr Morbis

I'd say both are fine, but it's your call. - Wiz

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:59:01 PM
scaryice (115)
Illinois
I guess it would be better to allow neither - just play with a normal controller.

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:00:05 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
And they're off!

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:00:11 AM
Crabmaster2000 (59)
(K P) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia

I guess it would be better to allow neither - just play with a normal controller.

Thats how I play all my games. It just feels "off" otherwise. Kind of like emulation.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000C...

94/94 TG16 Games

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:00:13 AM
scaryice (115)
Illinois
Let the games begin! (I'll be playing Amagon)

Edited: 01/01/2013 at 12:02 AM by scaryice

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:00:28 AM
WashYourFace (4)
(Jay ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
The only game I can think of where slow motion really helps a lot is Blaster Master.
I'm sure there are others, but much like turbo, if you need them to beat the game, you aren't really a WINNER!

Now playing:
• Ni no Kuni
Listening to:

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:01:06 AM
Crabmaster2000 (59)
(K P) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
Your one day head start begins now! Let's see if anyone can outpace me this year when I start up tomorrow.

94/94 TG16 Games

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:06:00 AM
Vaosu (20)
(Richard Woodard) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Galaga - Demons of Death - Beat 30000 high score

Pac-Man - official Nintendo Tengen Version - Beat 10000 high score

Edited: 01/01/2013 at 12:11 AM by Vaosu

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:10:35 AM
N64 Lover (0)
(John Doe) < Eggplant Wizard >
Victoria
I just completed Super Mario Bros when my clock hit 4:00 (roughly the same time as midnight for you guys).

Going to do pinball next.

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:15:16 AM
scaryice (115)
Illinois
Originally posted by: N64 Lover

I just completed Super Mario Bros when my clock hit 4:00 (roughly the same time as midnight for you guys).

Can't count it, you gotta beat the entire game after the competition started.

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:17:46 AM
zeldaboy (162)
(Andrew DeRouin) < King Solomon >
Florida
Tetris level 9 height 5 completed.

*edit*

24,333 points if it matters

Edited: 01/01/2013 at 12:18 AM by zeldaboy

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:18:03 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta

Originally posted by: N64 Lover

Can't count it, you gotta beat the entire game after the competition started.
Um, he did it after midnight here...just saying.