NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Looking for Snes with 0 discoloration/yellowing Taking time

Jun 17 at 3:15:53 PM
pixelsmash (0)

< Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
Hi there,

Seems a lot of sellers and stores either aren't clear about it or don't notice it causing a lot of unecessary trouble in looking for one without any yellowing.

Anyone have an early model 1 without any discoloring, especially any mild discoloring or yellowing around the controller port edges and any where else? Of course with no retrobriting/bleaching in any way as well as this just makes it look unnatural and it will get worse with time.

Or can someone recommend a legit and trusted place or person that would have some?

Jun 17 at 3:19:41 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: pixelsmash

Hi there,

Seems a lot of sellers and stores either aren't clear about it or don't notice it causing a lot of unecessary trouble in looking for one without any yellowing.

Anyone have an early model 1 without any discoloring, especially any mild discoloring or yellowing around the controller port edges and any where else? Of course with no retrobriting/bleaching in any way as well as this just makes it look unnatural and it will get worse with time.

Or can someone recommend a legit and trusted place or person that would have some?

Cruise Ebay until you find a nice one. There are SNES consoles that never and will never yellow.

Jun 17 at 3:24:28 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

Hi there,

Cruise Ebay until you find a nice one. There are SNES consoles that never and will never yellow.

Not sure if any of those are early model 1 though.

Jun 17 at 4:03:10 PM
pixelsmash (0)

< Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

Hi there,

1. A lot of sellers will take pics with flash or from an angle and claim they didn't notice anything. And not everyone responds to requesting more pics. They aren't rare but they aren't always apparent.

2. A lot of late release model 1 systems that never supposedly discolor which are the ones with rough texture, feel cheap (sometimes poorly printed lettering, and light feel) and I heard glitch with certain games. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Aren't there early releases that don't discolor?

In any case I'm looking for one that doesn't discolor and wasn't retrobrited, preferably an early release.

I would prefer to buy anything from here.

Edited: 06/17/2019 at 04:04 PM by pixelsmash

Jun 17 at 4:27:55 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Yeah, I agree. Pics online are sight-unseen due to the angle and color of the lens.

While I've never seen any look unnatural when Retrobrited (Maybe whoever retrobrites one didn't do it good enough?), they may return their yellowing over time mainly due to the problem in the plastic.

Best bet is to hit up a retro game store or somewhere out in the wild. Somewhere you can physically see the console.

-------------------------
Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Jun 17 at 4:57:15 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Good points. Not sure if anyone has really pinpointed which ones yellowed and didn't.

Jun 19 at 4:26:10 PM
rfigueroa1288 (0)

(Ricardo ) < Tourian Tourist >
Rhode Island
I have a model 1 snes the one with the sound module with zero yellowing, it has slight chips  but might need a new board. It's been giving me graphical issues with some lousy test cartridges.  The only game that worked fine for me was Street Fighter II the world warrior and turtles IV but when u go thru the mode 7 level in turtles  it glitches out My guess is it's the console not the carts but if u interested PM me and I'll text u pics of my super nintendo

Edited: 06/19/2019 at 04:29 PM by rfigueroa1288

Jun 22 at 7:12:06 PM
Dwedit (0)
(Dan Weiss) < Crack Trooper >
Illinois
My SNES didn't yellow, but the plastic around the controller ports did.