Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

New Forum Need Name Suggestions

LOCKED TOPIC

Oct 10 at 9:24:40 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Purpleganon is very divisive, people either seem to love it or hate it.

Oct 10 at 9:34:02 PM
HerrWunderbar (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Mississippi
Originally posted by: dra600n

Originally posted by: a3quit4s

Purpleganon.com

Why is this even still up for discussion!

Such a stupid name. I'd definitely not be a member of a site called purpleganon lol

Yes it is. Very few people would get it. Ganon isa Nintendo character. I thought the goal was to move away from a Nintendo name

Oct 10 at 9:39:22 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Originally posted by: HerrWunderbar

Originally posted by: dra600n

Originally posted by: a3quit4s

Purpleganon.com

Why is this even still up for discussion!

Such a stupid name. I'd definitely not be a member of a site called purpleganon lol

Yes it is. Very few people would get it. Ganon isa Nintendo character. I thought the goal was to move away from a Nintendo name

Agreed, it's not a good choice. It will not attract much new blood to the site. I hate it myself.

Oct 10 at 9:46:57 PM
DoctorEncore (6)
< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: B.A.

Purpleganon is very divisive, people either seem to love it or hate it.

Personally, I'm not a fan. Agree with the others that it doesn't do a good job of relaying site content and is too focused on Nintendo.

-------------------------
Current Project: NES NTSC CIB Set
Progress: ~550/678

WTB: CIB NES games. PM me if seeking a buyer. CLICK HERE TO SEE MY LIST.

WTB: NIB NES games so I can open them and add to the_wizard_666's Sealed Game Contents forum topic and FAQ @ https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes....

Oct 10 at 9:58:35 PM
3rdstrongestmole (19)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
Time to set up the tourney bracket!!

Oct 10 at 10:06:38 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
I think the name should be inclusive.

While the most collectible niche in the hobby, Nintendo carts don't represent the full gamut of the hobby and they certainly don't cover all bases of gaming history and collectibility.

Sega, Atari, Sony, Microsoft, NEC, Commodore, Apple, Amstrad, and Sinclair all have extremely vast and rich libraries spanning multiple platforms and categories that deserve love.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Oct 10 at 10:12:01 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: 3rdstrongestmole

Time to set up the tourney bracket!!
No! We'll be here all month!

Just pick five or six and set up a poll.

Oct 10 at 10:13:24 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

While the most collectible niche in the hobby, Nintendo carts don't represent the full gamut of the hobby and they certainly don't cover all bases of gaming history and collectibility.

Sega, Atari, Sony, Microsoft, NEC, Commodore, Apple, Amstrad, and Sinclair all have extremely vast and rich libraries spanning multiple platforms and categories that deserve love.
I agree, but at some point you have to draw a line. The more inclusive a title, the more generic (and likely taken) or unwieldly it will get.

Oct 10 at 10:17:44 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Gaminghoarders.com

Oct 10 at 10:18:33 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

I agree, but at some point you have to draw a line. The more inclusive a title, the more generic (and likely taken) or unwieldly it will get.

I’m just advocating for more inclusion is all. A fresh start is the best time to propose radical ideas.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Oct 10 at 10:24:18 PM
3rdstrongestmole (19)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
Also, I'm all about picking just 5 names... But what 5? Do the Mods just pick 5 they like and throw those up? Also, when I'm talking about a bracket I'm saying pit 8 or so against each other. One day for each pick (round). Narrow it down in three days. Boom