Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Grading scale for CIB

Jul 23, 2010 at 7:21:38 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
Thanks to MoeDown I am, for my first time, trying VGA out. I am grading two sealed Madden Championship Editions - one for me and one that I just sold. After holding and seeing the games in VGA cases I must say I was pretty impressed. I really don't have much of an opinion on this, but I tend to agree with what T-Bird stated that grading should be started with perfection (a 10) in mind and worked down accordingly with the smallest of flaws.

Personally I have had thousands and thousands of games (CIB, cart, Sealed, whatever) pass through my hands. I don't pretend to be an expert grader or work on a scale with what I've seen, ever. There are flaws on any conditioned game and if you are selling it as Mint or Near Mint, these flaws should be listed - nothing, in my opinion, should grade a 10. Maybe uncirculated stuff, but even then, someones grimy hands have touched the plastic or the machine gouged a crunch in the side before being placed in the case.

To me, VGA should only be grading CIBs or certified news by removing the contents for display inside a special large case for CIBs that have spots for Carts/Manuals/Inserts/Etc. It would take up a lot of space, but what doesn't in this hobby

-------------------------
eBay listings here

Jul 23, 2010 at 7:31:57 PM
MoeDown (72)
(big hed) < El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: qixmaster

To me, VGA should only be grading CIBs or certified news by removing the contents for display inside a special large case for CIBs that have spots for Carts/Manuals/Inserts/Etc. It would take up a lot of space, but what doesn't in this hobby

They'll do it right now by request. It'd cost close to $40-50 a game though.

Edited: 07/23/2010 at 07:32 PM by MoeDown

Jul 23, 2010 at 11:12:35 PM
DestructoDisk (117)
(Timothy Patrick Vreeland) < King Solomon >
Nevada
Originally posted by: 1upped

Fair enough - I do have thousands of CIB's covering most systems so I thought I would just offer another view or opinion on things - as I stated above, I like the discussion from one end of the spectrum to the other so that's why I posted