NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Bishop Bros. NES/SNES Reproductions Die cut, high quality, laminated labels

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:57:14 AM
johnblueriggs (27)
(John Riggs) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Originally posted by: mkiker2089

Now I have to buy Challenger. In two days I've bought two games from him. My family is going to take my computer away if I add a third

Challenger painted in the Mario blue would probably be very nice indeed.

Challenger is a guitly pleasure of mine. Classic Famicom, for sure. It's like a long, lost NES game I never played in the 80s.

-------------------------
@johnblueriggs on Twitter, Instagram and all gaming platforms (Wii U, PSN, ect.)

YouTube at RIGG'd Games

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:45:15 PM
mkiker2089 (17)
(Marshall Kiker) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
Is that my Dig Dug? Looks great.

Have you ever used repro shells? the only reason I ask is because on AtariAge there's talk of making Atari2600 and Vectrex shells. I know RetroUSB used to sell NES shells but I don't know if they do anymore.

Has anyone played Dpad Hero or Magical Doropie? Not being in on the programing scene I'm a little lost with some of these.

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:18:49 PM
M-Tee (27)
(M Tee) < Eggplant Wizard >
Magical Doropie was released in the states as The Krion Conquest. It is a very obvious, yet very good Megaman clone. However, the US release was heavily edited and is missing many features, including cutscenes. The version Bishop's offering, another I put the label together for, is the Video Smash Excellent fan-translation. You can read more on it here.

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:29:33 AM
8-bitBishop (56)
(Eric Bishop) < Crack Trooper >
Utah
Originally posted by: Cletus404

placed an order with Bishop Bros. AMAZING seller and awesome communication. Easy to deal with. Picked up Earthbound Zero, can't wait to play it. Still haven't played Earthbound (SNES) to this day so I figured might as well go in chronological order. Can't wait!!! Thanks Bishop Bros!! Future purchases are definite.

You are too kind good sir. Thanks for the kind remark. Appreciate that.

Please check out my Repro Thread

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:32:40 AM
8-bitBishop (56)
Utah

Is that my Dig Dug? Looks great.

Have you ever used repro shells? the only reason I ask is because on AtariAge there's talk of making Atari2600 and Vectrex shells. I know RetroUSB used to sell NES shells but I don't know if they do anymore.

Has anyone played Dpad Hero or Magical Doropie? Not being in on the programing scene I'm a little lost with some of these.
Hey again,
That is indeed your Dig Dug, and it's on it's way along with the MLP you ordered. 

Shells:
Retrozone is currently not selling them.
I am pricing out getting shells made through a plastics manufacturer. I will eventually offer new shells, but that won't be for a while. I'm not gonna do transparent shells like retrozone has, but rather solid color shells. Gonna be reminiscent of Famicom carts.

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:47:03 AM
Infamous Lunchbox (35)
(Ryan ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Utah
M-Tee sums up Magical Doropie really well. D-Pad Hero II is AWESOME. My buddy owns it and it's a really great take on what Guitar Hero could have been,and the Co-op mode is killer. It's all just up-down and B-A, but it's great. Worth a purchase.

Apr 23, 2014 at 4:11:06 AM
8-bitBishop (56)
Utah
Originally posted by: Infamous Lunchbox

M-Tee sums up Magical Doropie really well. D-Pad Hero II is AWESOME. My buddy owns it and it's a really great take on what Guitar Hero could have been,and the Co-op mode is killer. It's all just up-down and B-A, but it's great. Worth a purchase.

I absolutely love D-Pad Hero 2. The chiptunes are better than the original songs imo. Worth it just for the music.

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:36:40 AM
DestructoDisk (117)
(Timothy Patrick Vreeland) < King Solomon >
Nevada
These look to be of amazing quality. Any chance you will offer CIB games, and SNES games? I only buy CIB. WIshing you to be the next TimeWalk games (May they rest in peace)

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:11:35 AM
mkiker2089 (17)
North Carolina
I prefer solid color shells as well. The translucent looks cool at first but the novelty wears off.

I hope it's not impolite but someone else here offers good SNES games if Bishop doesn't want to. I'll just say search though as to not thread crap.

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:34:41 AM
mkiker2089 (17)
North Carolina
Crazy question time again, sorry.

Has anyone found a way to add saves to a NES game without needing a battery? Since the boards can be new can you put non-volatile ram on it and would the nes be able to write to it?

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:53:37 AM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
I believe the new flash boards are capable of such things. I know Study Hall saves information w.o having a battery and its a flash board.

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:36:31 AM
Infamous Lunchbox (35)
(Ryan ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Utah
Yeah, I think newer boards can do that, but I think most stick with batteries for now (even most new boards). Probably just easier that way so you don't have to mess with the ROM or whatnot (I Have no idea, just guessing).

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:06:42 PM
mogwaimon (3)

< Tourian Tourist >
Massachusetts
Just got my order of MLP today, cart looks great, and it plays without a hitch! Many thanks, Bishop. I also appreciate the dust sleeve, the cart being shrink wrapped, and the little 'extra' you packed in, that was a surprise, haha.

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:21:21 PM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
Some good work there gents!

Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:34:37 PM
mogwaimon (3)

< Tourian Tourist >
Massachusetts

How about some feedback on the games from people who have played them?

Assuming the roms I have are the same or similar I've played--

Maoi Kun is a fun puzzle game. I couldn't get very far though as this game would certainly have benefited from a save function.

Luigi Chronicles, I had problems with this one. Why you ask, it's stupid difficult. Think of it as "Unfair Mario Bros." Get this one to challenge your friends with.
I actually just beat MLP, I was slightly disappointed with the ease that I was able to do so, but the game was overall pretty fun. I don't think the hacker planned for his hack to be played on real hardware though as the game does slow down quite a bit at parts where there are too many sprites on the screen. There's not too much of a difficulty curve either, only one or two of the bosses in the game were actually somewhat challenging, and most of the levels are super easy. This is also coming from a guy that normally sucks at Megaman, haha.

The actual cart is great, though, and it will have a permanent spot in both my NES collection and my pony collection.

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:28:07 PM
njaim (17)

(Robert Henry) < Little Mac >
California
I purchased the Earthbound Zero w/ the label variant, and it looks AWESOME. Very professional output by Bishop Bros.

Apr 26, 2014 at 3:00:11 PM
Cletus404 (10)
(John L) < Little Mac >
Texas
me too! Just got the game in and it was in prestine condition. Playing it right now and lovin' it.

"Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long. And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again."
--Stephen King

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:17:57 PM
Portabello (151)
< Meka Chicken >
New York
PM sent!

Apr 26, 2014 at 9:27:05 PM
mkiker2089 (17)
North Carolina
I have no interest in the My Little Pony universe but being an easy Mega Man does have me thinking. Now how do I explain that to my family?

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:14:05 PM
8-bitBishop (56)
Utah
Love you guys! Thanks for all the compliments. Means a lot.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:44:45 PM
mkiker2089 (17)
North Carolina
Eric- What color would look best on Challenger? I though medium blue like the the Mario cart but it might not work. The label has too much blue on it already. What about darker blue like the background image on the label? Black is too easy.

I'm planning another order.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:57:57 PM
M-Tee (27)
I'm glad you dig the label design. I also cringed a bit when you mentioned putting that label onto a blue cart. ha.

So I'll chime in here:
If it were to go onto a colored cartridge, I would suggest a very light off-white, bone, or ivory with a matte finish, if it were available. Pure white would be garish, but an ivory or off white would play very well off of the white logo.

Apr 27, 2014 at 2:05:35 AM
8-bitBishop (56)
Utah
Definitely gonna agree with M-Tee here. You want a subtle color that would compliment the label. An ivory or off white would be perfect. That or a beige/tan color that would match the desert sand. 

Apr 27, 2014 at 2:07:56 AM
8-bitBishop (56)
Utah
Originally posted by: JBOGames

These look to be of amazing quality. Any chance you will offer CIB games, and SNES games? I only buy CIB. WIshing you to be the next TimeWalk games (May they rest in peace)

I hope to eventually be able to offer C.I.B. games and manuals. Trying to save up for the equipment needed. 
Thanks for the compliments : ^ D

Apr 27, 2014 at 4:26:34 AM
M-Tee (27)
Metro-Cross Gameplay

Metro-Cross

He ran and ran.
Being a survivable runner…
Not a soul was to be seen in METRO.
It's a manless city.
Suddenly green tile appears on his way.
It's a slippery zone. Jump!
He made it. Obstacles are coming
one after another. He must reach
the goal within limitied time by avoiding them.
He supposed to neither go backward nor stop but
keep going always. He knows that this is a game
and he is an immortal runner.
However, unless he can make a goal,
the game is over.
It's like a death sentence for him…

-A quote from the Japanese arcade flyer, grammatical errors and all. Metro-Cross is a runner, where each stage has a time-limit and a series of obstacles to leap. It is extremely addictive, and is seriously challenging. I've been playing it daily on the subway for over a week now, trying to master the courses. The game could be viewed as a predecessor to mobile games like Temple Run, Cookie Run, etc. and could be a great intro to retro gaming for the younger generation into that type of thing.

Follow this link to watch gameplay from GameCenter CX, a Japanese TV Show where a comedian plays Famicom games. (gameplay starts around 3:30 )

M-TeeGFX Metro-Cross Labels
A little about the labels. I used three sources to design three labels. All of which were majorly recolored to be more game-accurate, and then for aesthetic reasons to accomodate for the changes. The yellow  label also features a handtraced logo, while the black label utilizes a logo fraom a different European arcade release. (Also, where it had been thought in the past that the blue cans were Pepsi, they're actually a clear Japanese soda called Pocari Sweat).

M-Tee Metro-Cross Label Details
(All M-Tee labels are designed at 500dpi, and look gorgeous and crisp with Bishop's quality, die-cut, laminated labels)

Another great, early Famicom exclusive for any collection.

*Suggested cart color: Yellow label w/ blue cart.

Edited: 04/27/2014 at 04:53 AM by M-Tee