Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Just got a sick local Sega Master System lot

Aug 11 at 1:25:56 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
I've had my eyes peeled for a local Sega Master System and have not seen one in about 20 years in my area
About ten years ago I worked with a kid who kept saying he was going to bring one in and sell it to me, but never happened.
Today I was driving around town and on a whim stopped at my local media store, but I'd been there a few days ago
so I almost didn't go. Walked around the store for a few minutes and then noticed in the glass case they had a
Sega Master System and Atari Jaguar with all the hookups, two things I had not seen with my own eyes in ages.
I didn't even really look at the Jaguar much as there are no games in the store, but I've been looking for a SMS for so
long.

I got everything you see below, all the hookups, controllers & peripherals for $29.97
Everything looks like it had almost never been used before. The only thing that doesn't work is the standard controller.

I already had After Burner, found that locally a few years ago, but picked up two more CIB games today
Hang On & Safari Hunt, and Aerial Assault for only $1.97 each, and I got them both for half off using store credit.
Knowing what I know about SMS games, I know that all games that say "NEW" in the upper right corner are USA prints from 1990,
basically the very final games released in the USA, and they're almost all very rare.
I knew it had to be a steal of a pickup, got home and was shocked to see just how scarce the game actually is.
Somebody definitely made a mistake turning this in for so cheap, but I'm glad they did! Been a while since I got a nice score like this

I also got this today, if I'm not mistaken this was the final one

Edited: 08/11/2019 at 01:34 PM by Trj22487

Aug 11 at 1:36:15 PM
8bitdontquit (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
What a great score!! Been looking for one locally for awhile myself.. Congrats

-------------------------
Moe: Back when I was Gorgeous, everybody wanted a piece of me. But somehow, I just never made it to the big time. Homer: Why not? Moe: 'Cause I got knocked out forty times in a row. That, plus politics. You know, it's all politics. Homer: [glaring] Lousy democrats.

Aug 11 at 2:03:44 PM
mydogsrule (165)

(Jonathan Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
Great find. I would've been thrilled to find Aerial Assault. I have the game on Game Gear just never wanted pay the price for the Sega Master version.

Aug 11 at 2:10:16 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
great lot! Just picked up a CIB SMS myself and paired it with a Master Everdrive. It's a library I'd never touched so it's been fun so far! Can't beat that price!

Aug 11 at 2:19:16 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Nice score brah!

-------------------------
 2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Aug 11 at 10:11:57 PM
Yelir (28)
(Riley Gallant) < El Ripper >
Alberta
I found a SMS cart of the Smurfs at the flea market last week, now I have to get a console again!  

Aug 13 at 3:27:59 AM
wyansas (22)
< Little Mac >
California

Aug 15 at 7:18:04 PM
bigdawg8412 (36)
(G P) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Very nice find. I have some CIB Master System games for sale if possibly interested.

Aug 15 at 9:15:22 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
If that was only $30, how much was the Jaguar?

Aug 17 at 3:51:54 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

If that was only $30, how much was the Jaguar?

I really should have looked, I did little more than glance at it because I was so happy with the Master System and knew I didn't want both, the Jaguar was complete with one controller. I bet it was a steal. It was gone the next time I went in there.
The Master System and all of the peripherals were were just all together in a big plastic bag for $30, behind the glass case. I couldn't even fully tell what everything in the bag was at first, or if it would be priced separately, but when the cashier took it out and started bringing the entire bag up to the register without taking anything out I knew it was the entire thing for $30. I don't carry a smartphone on me so I really didn't know if any of this was a big catch or not. But I had an suspicion that Aerial Assault might be a pretty decent score. I was surprised that it's actually a rare one.

Edited: 08/17/2019 at 03:56 PM by Trj22487

Aug 30 at 3:13:38 PM
NES Connoisseur (0)
(Nintendo Enthusiast ) < Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
Nice score ..Congrats

Aug 30 at 5:50:59 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
Dang dude, I'm jelly... that's awesome!