Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Anyone else here love kitties as much as I do? You know, man's REAL best friend? ;) Remember, a cat's place is in the home; it's only the human's place to go out into the world.

Feb 4, 2017 at 8:38:02 PM
Estil (10)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky

I had been meaning to make this for awhile but in light of the comments in that puppy bowl thread I thought it'd be sweet to find any fellow "crazy cat ladies" among the congregation here hee hee  

So how did my becoming a cat daddy get started?  It was in 2010 my wife insisted that she wanted a kitty but I was a bit skeptical of the idea. But she promised that she would be totally responsible for the cat and do all the feeding/watering/littering and so on. I even remember the first day she arrived (this is not my current cat Jamiee but the one before him named Tweetie, a gray tabby) and when I woke up from my sleep during the day (I worked overnight at the local Ragu factory at the time so of course I had to sleep during the day) and saw the gray figure running around and I was like, "I guess the cat is here now..." 

But the thing is though, my wife was still recovering from her heart surgery at the time and thus sometimes had to go to the hospital...so guess who ended up having to feed/water/litter Tweetie? Then guess what happened? Apparently she saw that I was the one taking care of her and I guess she imprinted me instead! hee hee  And then she did things like sleeping in my bed, wanting to be with me, doing that flirty face thing (you might know what I'm talking about), so she became a little daddy's girl and of course I couldn't just be rude about it ya know? And thus that's how I ended up being a "crazy cat lady" for life. 

Sadly, Tweetie went to kitty heaven in August 2012 and a few weeks later we got my current cat Jamiee. The thing is we originally thought he was a girl and named her Amiee (I thought a "daddy's girl" cat would be the most affectionate/loving towards me you see) but then two weeks later the cat had to go to the vet for the first of three vet sessions you're supposed to do for a kitten (just old enough to have been weaned from mother at the time) and let's just say I found out from the vet why the supposed girl cat had a funny little bump on the tummy! Hint: It's not something a girl cat has!!!  

True I did originally want a daddy's girl but I thought back to that scene in the Ten Commandments movie and figured, I had already had bonded with the (now found out) little guy for a couple weeks and really, what change was there in him? Boy or girl he was still my best buddy...same ears, same whiskers, same paws, same tail...same beautiful golden blonde hair.  

For the first few days we had Jamiee he was afraid of me and liked my wife Denise...but I guess when he discovered I was the one feeding/watering/littering him (my wife is severely disabled so it's just a lot easier for me to do those things) I guess he figured I'm not such a bad guy and started bonding with and becoming fond of me!  In fact, my wife now thinks the cat is obsessed with me (hee hee)!

Bottom line is, I think cats are the kindest, gentlest, most beautiful, adorable, and graceful of all of God's creatures.  And what I love most about them is that even as adults they're still just as sweet and cute    As long as you treat them right and give them lots of loving you'll have a very best friend, pal, little buddy for many years to come!  I think it's especially beautiful when you're in bed and they leap up in bed and walk all on top of you and snuggle up next to you  

You can see pics of my cat (and his dearly departed predecesor) in the photobucket link below and as you guys already know, in RPG/quest games where you can name your characters, I always name the second male/female protagonists (that's "the main good guys" for those of you in Rio Linda and West Palm Beach) after my kitties    Not so sure if that was such a good idea in Final Fantasy 7 though...sniff...  

PS: Be sure to check out www.catversushuman.com... also; it's got some wonderful comics about life as a crazy cat lady  

-------------------------
My best friend Jamiee and my dearly departed Tweetie (2005-2012):
http://s650.photobucket.com/user/...

Collection:
NES (222)   SNES (98)   N64 (
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  
PS1 (39)   PS2 (23)   PS3 (8)   WII (11)   WIIU (6)
GBA (44)  GBC (12)   GB (25)   DS (14)   3DS (8)

Edited: 04/27/2019 at 10:42 AM by Estil

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:37:49 PM
ZeldaFreak (36)
(Conor ) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
I'm more of a dog person, but cats are cute as well  

Former NES Sharp TV Owner

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:38:29 PM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
I am reading this wedge between two cats on the couch. We had two in our one bedroom but recently decided to get a third cat. It was rough for a while but it is great being smothered by cats. They make great companions.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:41:34 PM
TheToxicCollector (59)
(Nick ) < El Ripper >
New York
I have five cats and I love em. They are awesome, so fun to play with and always so loving and kind.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:44:17 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
I loved my big gray tomcat Jake when I was a kid. We had him and Dixie, a slinky Siamese (she was a fierce cat.)

My stepmom had a runt of a cat named Tasha. She was never much bigger than a kitten. Purred like crazy, like non-stop.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:47:05 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
I have two that brother and I rescued at a shelter. We love them so much and they love us right back.  

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:56:53 PM
Estil (10)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

I have two that brother and I rescued at a shelter. We love them so much and they love us right back.  
I hope the rescue went more like this...

And not this! 

Collection:
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:03:55 PM
Estil (10)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: ZeldaFreak

I'm more of a dog person, but cats are cute as well  
Whenever I walk to and from the grocery store to get provisions, there are these dogs in other people's yards I pass by on the way (fenced in thankfully!!) who bark really loud and angrily at me, as if they smell cat on me and see me as a traitor to their species!! 

My next door neighbor though (wonderful guy) has a (thankfully friendly) dog (resembles a golden retriever sort of but I don't think it's one) who happens to be the same beautiful golden blonde as my best friend Jamiee!

And I know most other pet owners feel the same way, but Jamiee (and his predecesor) is truly my best friend, best pal, and my bestest little buddy in the whole world!    They're like four legged furry Mister Rogers...they love you just the way you are!  

Collection:
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  

Edited: 02/04/2017 at 10:05 PM by Estil

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:24:07 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
I'd probably qualify as a crazy cat lady but I refuse to care for more than two kitties at a time. That way they still have each other's company but are totally people socialized as well (any more than 2 and you start getting crazy feral cats).

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:59:16 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Yup love my two cats

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:08:56 AM
Clyde The Jackal (172)
(My Name is Chris) < Kraid Killer >
New York
See profile pic. She's a real blue chip  

Butts Make Farts.

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:47:07 AM
ALTQQ (79)
(I've lost my television remote do you know where i Should look?) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Cats are the best. I've lived with them my whole life.

I lost my television remote, have you seen it?

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:15:40 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
I like cats more than dogs, but generally I'm not a cat person. My mom is a crazy cat lady... honestly. A long time ago a full grown cat showed up and she started feeding it, trying to play with it. She already had cats so I guess she was trying to collect a new one. He was pretty vicious. He would bite and scratch anyone around him. For some reason, he found a place in our home eventually. Over time I interacted with this cat but then he'd get jealous or angry when he saw me petting another one. I thought 'well, fuck him'. Over time we developed a bond. I was the only person that could sooth him or even touch him. He became my best friend. He was a stray so he would run out and be gone for weeks at a time. When I was in college my mom wouldn't tell me this so id come home looking for him and she would admit she hadn't seen him for weeks. It was nerve wracking.Eventually I had to move back home and he was gone for months and i assumed he was dead. I mourned and kind of 'got over it'. And he showed up one night super skinny but wouldn't come in or let me touch him. It took about a month of tracking him to an abandoned house and coercing to finally get back in. A whole after that, I moved across the country. I missed him but I just couldn't bring him to my new place. On my last visit (this was 5 years ago and i haven't been back since) my mom had been telling me she thought he was sick. He refused to eat and was just all around in poor health. I came back for college graduation and he bonded with me again. He would eat only for me and he always came to lay in my lap and be with me. My stay unexpectedly got extended. Then he got sick again. He wouldn't even eat for me. Then one day he was laying on a couch with me while I was watching a show. He started acting weird... I got up and i was holding him and petting him. He looked at me, then he convulsed. He died in my arms. I think he was sick and hoping I'd come back. And my presence revitalized him for a bit... But he had to give in to old age. It still fucks me up to this day... but god damn... He was the best friend I ever had.

Feb 5, 2017 at 3:27:13 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Originally posted by: Estil

I hope the rescue went more like this...

And not this! 

We only got two of them. So it is all good.  

Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:16:44 AM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Haven't read the OP yet but this guy just spent all night sleeping on top of me:

He was the most ferral cat I had ever seen until a "cat lady" neighbor rescued him and got him fixed up. He lived outside avoiding all human contact for years and years. He's been with us almost six years since and is now the most needy human-obesessed cat I've ever seen (complete 180° change; like a switch just flipped).

Edit: Y U NO POST PICS OF TEH KITTEHS?!

Edited: 02/05/2017 at 09:28 AM by CZroe

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:57:08 AM
TheToxicCollector (59)
(Nick ) < El Ripper >
New York
Did somebody say cat pics? Here's a few of my cats.

Don't mind him. he's drunk.

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:01:08 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
I shall oblige too then.

This is Kali. She is the moustachioest kitty ever.

And this is Anubis.

It has been 8 years that they have been with us here. Sure the house has cat hair everywhere now, but they made our place a much happier one.  

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:52:24 AM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
I know exactly you're talking about. I modeled my whole fucking life around Morris Day and Jerome. I'm a smooth pimp who loves the pussy.

Edited: 02/05/2017 at 06:11 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:53:17 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
love cats too, but gotta chime in for the dog people! 🐶 I love pretty much all animals, but I'll always have to have dogs in my household, their unconditional loyalty and friendship is something I feel we humans can only strive to replicate. They're just so pure of heart and so affectionate, I don't even feel like I've done anything good enough in my life to deserve my dogs. All they want in life is to hang out with me and do whatever I'm doing. You just have to leave whatever shitty mood the day has piled on you at the door when you open it up and there are excited dogs who have been waiting to greet you behind it  

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Edited: 02/05/2017 at 10:55 AM by Quaze

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:56:11 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
James, you need to start closing your italics tags.  

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:01:28 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia

James, you need to start closing your italics tags.  

Yeah... what's going on there?

I think that happened to me in the other thread.

Am I in the "I hate cats" thread or the "I love cats" thread??? Now I'm really confused....

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 02/05/2017 at 01:01 PM by AirVillain

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:05:56 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
James is leaving his html italic tag open so it bleeds to the next posts till someone closes it properly.
I closed it on mine, so it stopped.  

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:17:52 PM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado

James is leaving his html italic tag open so it bleeds to the next posts till someone closes it properly.
I closed it on mine, so it stopped.  

Weird. Didn't know that was a thing

Edited: 02/05/2017 at 05:21 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

Feb 5, 2017 at 2:53:29 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Bea Iank... I don't know what that means.

And he did it again.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Feb 5, 2017 at 2:57:48 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Watching the kitten bowl on Hallmark right now. Have had cats my whole life. Dogs are ugly and disgusting and stink.

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...