NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Demon's Crest (New/Factory Sealed) SNES - High res pics inside

LOCKED TOPIC

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:17:12 PM
spoonman (66)
(Matt - The Obsessed Gamer) < Ridley Wrangler >
New York
I only recently heard this was one of the pricey SNES games.
Also, I don't see any factory sealed Demon's Crest games listed on eBay.... Only one that was listed as VGA for $799.95

I may be selling some items in the near future and wanted to get some idea of what this is worth. Thanks!

There is a comic book bag covering it along with some tape just to keep the factory seal from getting scuffed up.

Click the image to get a 2000x15000 view.

Edited: 10/22/2013 at 09:18 PM by spoonman

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:19:19 PM
vcube1234 (31)
< Kraid Killer >
Illinois
Is it just the box protector (?) or does the seal look kinda fishy?

EDIT: nvm, I can make out an h seam on the back. It may help you get a better value to take the game out of the bag

Edited: 10/22/2013 at 09:21 PM by vcube1234

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:21:10 PM
Everharm (176)
(Michael Everhart) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
It looks really nice, hopefully it is just the comic book bag.

Any chance you want to take that off, and retake your pictures ?

Otherwise it is hard to tell what parts are tape & the outer bag, and what parts are the actual factory seal.

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:31:44 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Yeah if anyone is going to throw serious money at it, they'll want it photographed outside of the bag. Looks like it has potential though.

-------------------------
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:12:27 PM
spoonman (66)
New York
Originally posted by: Vcube

Is it just the box protector (?) or does the seal look kinda fishy?

EDIT: nvm, I can make out an h seam on the back. It may help you get a better value to take the game out of the bag
Yeah, the back seam is intact.*
*It seems I thought the tape was a seam also. See below for pics without the plastic & tape.

I am the sole owner of it so I know there's nothing fishy going on.

The only thing the comic book bag is adding is a bit of dust. I'd take it off, but the tape tears the plastic and makes it
useless and I don't have any more baggies currently.

If I made up my mind that I want to sell it for sure I would surely remove it and snap more pictures if that were requested.

Anyway, I'm not sure I want to sell it.. I more or less wanted just a ballpark figure.

Edited: 10/23/2013 at 11:01 PM by spoonman

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:21:44 AM
nintendopower_4_ever (75)

(john smith) < Lolo Lord >
United States
You sure that isn't a reseal?

It looks like there is no seam on the back of the wrap and that vertical line is just tape on the bag?

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:49:47 AM
ankermane (49)
(Erik ) < Kraid Killer >
California
Yeah, I don't see an v-seam either? Maybe it's just the pics or the comic bag is blocking it though...?

Oct 23, 2013 at 2:05:43 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
If you enlarge the second picture you can see what appears to be a V-Seam. But with that protective covering, it's hard to tell what's tape and what's seal.

Oct 23, 2013 at 2:38:39 PM
Dochrohan (10)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
If he is not gonig to take it apart to show it's real. I'd just give him an estimation of a fair, near mint, and mint sealed copy.

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:18:58 PM

United States
Originally posted by: jonebone

If you enlarge the second picture you can see what appears to be a V-Seam. But with that protective covering, it's hard to tell what's tape and what's seal.

That looks a long piece of tape. The seam should be to the right of the skull on the back of the box.

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:29:28 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Seam placement is not always identical on every single game... subtle variations can occur.

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:33:07 PM

United States
Originally posted by: jonebone

Seam placement is not always identical on every single game... subtle variations can occur.

Really? Snes games have seams that can vary that much? I guess I have never noticed

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:36:00 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Some are pulled tighter than others, some have more overlap at the "T", etc.

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:36:16 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
it looks to me there is an h-seam running through the center of the skull, although I am having trouble just like everyone else telling for sure if its 100% legit with those pictures. maybe just take some pictures close up of the seam underneath your protector however possible to capture the seam for now until you can take it off.

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:44:16 PM

United States
Kind of funny that the pictures are all titled "Demon's Crest CIB" on the Video Game Obsession website

Edited: 10/23/2013 at 03:51 PM by nintendopower_4_ever

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:59:50 PM

United States
I've always thought this was a reseal too. My seal looks different and has a yellow sticker that they all came with on the wrap.

http://www.videogameobsession.com...

http://www.videogameobsession.com...

Does anyone know?

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:38:03 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
no idea, i'd like to see a picture without the comic book bag if possible?

eBay listings here

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:42:40 PM
spoonman (66)
New York
Originally posted by: nintendopower_4_ever

I've always thought this was a reseal too. My seal looks different and has a yellow sticker that they all came with on the wrap.

http://www.videogameobsession.com/videogame/sold/SNES-Catapu...

http://www.videogameobsession.com/videogame/sold/SNES-Catapu...

Does anyone know?
I know.

I was managing a game store and took it out of the shipping box, so yes it's factory sealed - no doubt.

Do you know for sure that your copy is not a reseal?

EDIT:
Also, if you're referring to the "first month of service free..." the initial shipments of these didn't offer that deal.

Edited: 10/23/2013 at 07:39 PM by spoonman

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:53:00 PM
spoonman (66)
New York
Originally posted by: nintendopower_4_ever

Kind of funny that the pictures are all titled "Demon's Crest CIB" on the Video Game Obsession website
I assure you there is nothing funy going on. I used CIB because FACTORYSEALED took up too many characters IMO.
If you check the actual page you will see this:

Demon's Crest
(factory sealed) mint

As I mentioned I am the sole owner of this and bought it from the same store that I managed. I probably even have the receipt for it since I usually keep those as well.

Why would I try to fool anyone when I'm not even selling it? I simply wish to know what it's worth. I assure you there is no hidden agenda here.

I bought only new/factory sealed SNES games back in the 90's and kept them all that way.
I had no reason to open them since I owned (and still own) a Super Magicom (back-up device). I wanted to continue to support the above average games so I bought them.

Also, you can see the same factory sealed Demon's Crest (side view) without the comic bag from a collection picture in 2001
and a (top view) here without the comic bag in a picture from 2004

Anyway, just an average of what it's worth for a factory sealed/mint copy is all I wanted to know.
If I ever intended to sell I would take off the plastic baggy and snap more pics.

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:13:56 PM
rarebucky (178)

(Adam Buchwald) < Ridley Wrangler >
United States
That looks like a reseal bro. No v-seam looking at those older pics.

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:58:52 PM
spoonman (66)
New York
Originally posted by: rarebucky

That looks like a reseal bro. No v-seam looking at those older pics.

It isn't though.
Not unless Capcom resealed them.

OK, due to the high demand I have removed the protective plastic and snapped a bunch of new pictures (I apologize in advance for killing your bandwidth) to try and clear up concerns people have.

There is no "H-seam" on this, but as you can see it clearly has the vent holes and they are not tampered with or recreated in any way.
As I mentioned already, I am the only owner of this game and I bought this brand new and factory sealed from the store in which I worked.

I can understand why people like to call bullshit on high value games being fake. I call them out on and report them to eBay all the time.
It drives me crazy to see them, along with repro boxes because it becomes increasingly harder to prove originals.

Here are some more factory sealed games that I own which don't have "H-Seams" , also purchased brand new from my store and in many cases I hand picked them from the manufacturer's original shipping box on day one.
These also have plastic protecting the factory seal, but you can also see there is no "H-Seam".

And here are just a random selection of SNES games which are factory sealed and have an "H-Seam" which I just decided to take a picture of since I had taken them off the shelf.

Edited: 10/23/2013 at 10:55 PM by spoonman

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:47:28 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Spoon, if you were the manager, and you bought your stores sealed copy distributed by the manufacturer, then it's real. Just take the image down, request the thread be locked, and be done with it. If you don't want to take it out of that added bag to appease a lot of doubters, that is ultimately only YOUR decision as it is your property and unless you sell it you answer to no one on that fact. Going in circles arguing authenticity that isn't even in doubt since you bought it straight from the box from the company your store bought them from I think that's good enough. Some people are just more paranoid than others even with a story like you have not being enough so going in circles will solve nothing short of doing all that is requested to satisfy a doubter.

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:54:56 PM
spoonman (66)
New York
Originally posted by: Tanooki

Spoon, if you were the manager, and you bought your stores sealed copy distributed by the manufacturer, then it's real. Just take the image down, request the thread be locked, and be done with it. If you don't want to take it out of that added bag to appease a lot of doubters, that is ultimately only YOUR decision as it is your property and unless you sell it you answer to no one on that fact. Going in circles arguing authenticity that isn't even in doubt since you bought it straight from the box from the company your store bought them from I think that's good enough. Some people are just more paranoid than others even with a story like you have not being enough so going in circles will solve nothing short of doing all that is requested to satisfy a doubter.
It's OK Tanooki.
I went ahead and removed it to apease.

I guess I don't like people doubting me.
I've been collecting, scanning, photographing, and playing video games for 30+ years and have no reason to lie about a sealed game.

I've been getting PM's to sell, but as I said here, it's not for sale. I mearly wanted to know what it's worth for various reasons.
One of them being my insurance company wants details and up to date values (which I know will be nearly impossible.)

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:04:15 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
It's fine, it's your game anyway. I don't blame you not wanting someone second guessing your story. You're lucky if your insurance would actually rate you at full value on a game as most just won't bother.

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:15:53 PM
spoonman (66)
New York
Originally posted by: Tanooki

It's fine, it's your game anyway. I don't blame you not wanting someone second guessing your story. You're lucky if your insurance would actually rate you at full value on a game as most just won't bother.

Thanks man.
I went with a company for home insurance that is a bit more collector friendly.
A friend of mine referred them based on how they handled a theft of his rare comics.
Obviously they won't give you top dollar, but they will try and work with you (supposedly).