Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Am I crazy or are these prices off the charts??

Dec 5, 2010 at 8:24:23 PM
Contra__Man (130)
(Gavin Palmer) < El Ripper >
Colorado
Originally posted by: sosafan2

Yes, sorry, I edited it.  I meant aren't.  Systems and the most popular ~2% of games are my only prices that raise for the Christmas.  For accounting purposes, it's much easier to have cash than product so I will gladly sell much more at the same past prices than carry stuff over to the next fiscal year

I've seen similar things happen with LIttle Samson where it can go $200-$700 and condition seem to be no factor.  The largest factor is just that buy it nows only need one buyer willing to pay the price over a long period of time being listed and auctions need 2 buyers willing to pay that same high price and often within a much shorter period of time.  I don't tend to buy any of the manipulation or other conspiracy factors for the simple reason that extremes like this are not all that hard to find.  Bubble Bobble 2 complete shows up more often than most other completes in this price range which just makes the extremes easier to see than some of the others that don't show up much or don't show up in low start auctions

Dan -

I'd just like to say that you've made some very insightful comments in this thread and I appreciate you contributing your thoughts!

-------------------------
Currently Playing (5): 
Air Fortress; Dragon Warrior III; Stinger; Kickle Cubicle; Dr. Mario

Completed Games (22):  
Adventures of Lolo; Adventures of Lolo 2; Bomberman; Bram Stoker's Dracula; Bubble Bobble; Castlevania; Chip & Dale RR
; Contra; Double Dragon; Faxanadu; Final Fantasy; Gradius; Mega Man; Mega Man 2; Mendel Palace; Ms. Pac-Man; Rampage; Rolling Thunder; Spy vs. Spy; Super Mario Bros; Super Mario Bros 2; Super Mario Bros 3

Dec 5, 2010 at 10:52:22 PM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: OSG

I've bought games off sosafan online and I've bought games from him in person. He might charge more than what you will find at a garage sale or at a flea market but I sincerely doubt you will ever have a problem dealing with him. Of course a lot of us would rather buy cheap things in the wild but whenever I've dealt with him I knew for certain there would be no problems. He wants to make as much money as possible... I guess that sucks or something!

ive been trading with dan for around 10 years now. he helped me complete my set. we never once exchanged any cash, but over the years, we have traded each other 1,000s of items! dan's the man

-------------------------

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!