NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NES game wrap question?

Dec 28, 2006 at 9:31:41 PM
CartoonEncyclopedia.com (0)

(Ibrahim ) < Crack Trooper >
New York
Just wondering since I see people having all types of NES items

did anyone ever buy or see the device used to shrink wrap the NES games ?

that would be cool...just factory seal your own cartridges...lol

-------------------------

Dec 28, 2006 at 10:37:56 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Someone here tried that already, and was subsequently busted and faced a shitload of fraud charges. Bad idea.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Dec 28, 2006 at 11:06:48 PM

New York
I mean the actual device that does it made by Nintendo

did they have one of those?

Dec 29, 2006 at 12:25:27 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Not that I know of, but he was quite good at it -- he had a lot of people fooled. He's paid the price, and "done his time" so to speak, and he's now a productive member of the collecting community. In fact, he's written articles on how to spot fake shrink-wrapped games.

I've got to point this out though: you posted your auction links for the sealed games and then started to ask about shrink-wrapping your own games. Not a good idea, IMO -- you might get people suspicious of your games

-Dain

Dec 29, 2006 at 1:00:00 AM

New York
sorry

I never thought of that

actually I didnt know someone was even able to do something like this

mine are all legit

I can send high res photos of the games if anyone asks (just got a new digital camera)

Dec 29, 2006 at 6:02:53 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Dain, that was my thought as well at first, but logically, I think it just seemed that he was wanting to capitalize after the fact...sell the legit stuff, and realize that "hey, there's a market" But yeah, the dude will remain anonymous unless he chooses otherwise. Most of us know who, but for the rest, it's a dead issue and there's no need to drag him through the dirt once more. By the way though, you could technically sell them, provided the word "factory" isn't used. There's a seller right now selling shrink-wrapped carts as "sealed" games, and nobody can do a damn thing because he doesn't say "factory sealed."

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Dec 29, 2006 at 8:48:58 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Yeah, you're right -- I wasn't thinking that his weren't legit. I just wanted to point out that the words "sealed" and "shrinkwrap machine" spoken within threads of each other are a sore subject to many people in the NES community! LOL.

incik, you couldn't have known the situation, so I just thought I'd let you know so that other people don't freak out on ya

-Dain