Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

what are my nes games worth? HELP PRICE CHECK

LOCKED TOPIC

Oct 16, 2013 at 5:57:20 PM
vcube1234 (31)
< Kraid Killer >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Dochrohan

Nintendoage should charge people to post in the price check section if you have not been a member for X months. I understand the forum does not get a lot of attention but you all know this is one of the best sites for finding experts in this field. If people are not capable enough to find out information via search engines on their own they deserve to cough up some $$ if you are just here for a free ride.

This is the most nonsensical thing I have ever heard. A lot of people are new to collecting and don't know where to look. Especially with his stuff, because really, how often do you find a boxed Chubby Cherub? Seeing as you joined NA one month ago, looks like you'd fit right into this "charged for Price Check" category.

Edited: 10/16/2013 at 05:58 PM by vcube1234

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:12:30 PM
kingPiano (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Vcube

Nintendoage should charge people to post in the price check section if you have not been a member for X months. I understand the forum does not get a lot of attention but you all know this is one of the best sites for finding experts in this field. If people are not capable enough to find out information via search engines on their own they deserve to cough up some $$ if you are just here for a free ride.

This is the most nonsensical thing I have ever heard. A lot of people are new to collecting and don't know where to look. Especially with his stuff, because really, how often do you find a boxed Chubby Cherub? Seeing as you joined NA one month ago, looks like you'd fit right into this "charged for Price Check" category.
Yea sorry Dochrohan I'm not down with that man. Whether you're new or an old vet here I think all should have the same free privilages. And this is the puprose of the Price Check section I guess (although I'm not a fan of these "Hey I got lots of games figure it out....GO" threads). Personally I like to see the really rare or unusual stuff that stumps and excites even the most hardcore jaded NA members

Edited: 10/16/2013 at 06:13 PM by kingPiano

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:47:18 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
I'm seeing these similar posts of what someone would do. I think that says a lot of bad stuff about people here if they'd have offered up $100 on this list of things, blurred pictures or not, and congratulated them for suckering another person. Had she said $100, then sure, it is what it is. $100 is not even showing being reasonable, it's showing hoping to get one over on someone badly for daring to ask people to send offers. The person trying to sucker her probably was getting their teeny little cherub chubby over hoping she'd say yes back. Bad enough shape or not that one game with the box is over what the guy was offering for everything.

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:01:13 PM
Dochrohan (10)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Kraid Killer >
Netherlands

If I had to pay to price check on something I had 0 clue after I did research I would be fine. I´m not saying you need to charge $10 or even $5 but just a small charge will turn people away like this. Regardless what people think morally about offering here $100, if she accepted that is her own fault for not doing research prior to putting up for sale. You can not expect putting things up for offer without a starting general price range and getting fair offers from everyone. 

You also seem to not realize the economy is shit and it will never fully regenerate but you seem to want to keep killing the small business men by giving free advice when people work hard in the business to know prices on the spot. The entertainment industry is already putting a huge kill on the buying-selling industry then you just keep offering free advice to people who will never give back to an already small website. If she sells her items after she got her advice and donates I would be cool with it. But her plan is just to get a fat payday and go on her way 99% of the time. 

Hate to say it so harshly, but, if that was the most nonsensical thing you have ever heard you are clearly not to my standards of intelligence. 

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:09:46 PM
vcube1234 (31)
< Kraid Killer >
Illinois

If I had to pay to price check on something I had 0 clue after I did research I would be fine. I´m not saying you need to charge $10 or even $5 but just a small charge will turn people away like this. Regardless what people think morally about offering here $100, if she accepted that is her own fault for not doing research prior to putting up for sale. You can not expect putting things up for offer without a starting general price range and getting fair offers from everyone. 

You also seem to not realize the economy is shit and it will never fully regenerate but you seem to want to keep killing the small business men by giving free advice when people work hard in the business to know prices on the spot. The entertainment industry is already putting a huge kill on the buying-selling industry then you just keep offering free advice to people who will never give back to an already small website. If she sells her items after she got her advice and donates I would be cool with it. But her plan is just to get a fat payday and go on her way 99% of the time. 

Hate to say it so harshly, but, if that was the most nonsensical thing you have ever heard you are clearly not to my standards of intelligence. 
You mean because I'm so much smarter than you ?

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:13:27 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Wow we're going to talk about the economy now and that offering up free advice is bad because people don't deserve it while others had to learn it themselves because you don't like the competition. Shady newb, shady.

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:14:04 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland

A) Why would we want to turn away people like this?

B) I answer just as many price checks on this forum as anyone, and I gladly share my information for free.  Of course I keep some things to myself, but I'm all about helping a fair price for both parties.

And on the other topic, $100 is a fair opening offer for Boxed games (not CIBs) sight unseen.  Of course you'd pay more but you never know what to expect out there. 

-------------------------
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:17:25 PM
vcube1234 (31)
< Kraid Killer >
Illinois
1. How does asking for pricing on games for free affect the economy?
2. Dude, people don't make livings off memorizing video game prices.
3. If I had a boxed chubby cherub, I'd want a fat payday on it too. I think everyone would.
4.That's the most stupid thing I've heard in a while, you seem to think that every penny made by selling games should be donated.
5. If you think free advice will harm NA, you need to learn a lot

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:25:07 PM
vcube1234 (31)
< Kraid Killer >
Illinois
Also, I'd like to point out that 13 of the 18 threads you've made were in Price Check, Dochrohan, and you're complaining about this thread?

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:53:11 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
OP's question has been answered. If you guys want to further debate each other, take it to PMs.

Thanks!