Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

PSA: Regarding Crowdfunding and Go Fund Me Campaigns Please Read

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:17:44 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Everybody has a time in their life when they have some sort of misfortune, and the only way to help themselves is to reach out to others. In today's age of social media, go fund me campaigns/ crowdfunding have risen to assist those that want to assist others. It is a very noble and kind thing to do to help another when they are going through a rough patch. 

Anyone who has ever read NintendoAge's FAQ ( http://nintendoage.com/pub/faq/NA... ) knows that NA has a strict no panhandling policy. Its not that the site has anything against people asking for help (or those that want to provide assistance) its that it is easily abused and may cause controversy - so the easiest way for the site to avoid any of that is to not allow any asking for assistance/handouts etc. 

The FAQ was written before crowdfunding was a thing, so now it has to be addressed. 

From this point on, NA will no longer allow links to any go fund me campaigns (or any crowdfunding) for people asking for assistance in their personal lives. This includes people posting it for themselves, or a friend or community member (regardless if that person initiated the crowdfunding or not).  Kickstarters/ Crowdfunding for video game related items WILL still be allowed. If someone posts a thread with a link to something we feel violates this rule, the post will be edited, locked, and the member informed as to why. 

The community has rallied for members in the past to help them financially, but from here on out it will be up to the mod's/admin's/overlord's discretion. If you have any questions, or think you have a solid reason why you would want to post a crowdfunding link for another member/friend/acquaintence publicly please PM a moderator before doing so.

Members WILL still be able to create private threads if a group of people wants to band together to help another member out. 

If you have any questions, please post in this thread or PM a Mod.

Edited: 06/06/2017 at 08:19 PM by MrWunderful