Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

VGA 2.0 - Show off your games.

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:42:04 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: TetrisMattress

Originally posted by: Bronty

a rose, really?  So gay.   Not that there's anything wrong with that.

cant you read?

NG
Nut Gulper?     Nutsack Gobbler?   Nad Groper?

-------------------------

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:42:44 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Originally posted by: Ladybug-pug

VGA or not, that Gyromite test cart is one of the coolest NES collectible I ever saw. Is it the only copy confirmed?

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:50:17 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I'm surprised they are giving NG's to these but grading NWC's. wonder what that's all about.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:57:31 AM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec

I'm surprised they are giving NG's to these but grading NWC's. wonder what that's all about.
I had the same thought, but I don't know if this was a request per Lady-bug-pug or that they decided on their own that test carts need no grade.

If it is their initiative, they should consider changing their views, and grading the condition of test carts. Unlike protos, the cosmetical aspect of a test cart is revelant. Some got trashed, and some got well preserved, in a process similar to any other normal games.There's definitely good reasons to grade them.

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:58:26 AM
Deal Donkey (103)
(Lady Bug) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: guillavoie

VGA or not, that Gyromite test cart is one of the coolest NES collectible I ever saw. Is it the only copy confirmed?

There are three Duck Hunt test carts. I want to get gyromite added to the database but I dont know how. I got it from a nintendo employee in Redmond. 

Follow me on Twitter to see underpriced video games

or PM your want list

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:14:27 AM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec
This is definitely an interesting piece, and it SHOULD be mentioned somewhere in the database.

Congrats for finding this. I bet this hasn't been too costly on top of that, huh

Edit: Changed the capital-written verb for clarity.

Edited: 04/27/2013 at 01:32 AM by guillavoie

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:30:19 AM
ookii_risu (66)
(Tonya B) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: blarky

A few more:

*Drool*

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:36:28 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
that's one of the best games on this thread. Fucking first edition!! Blarky has all the good shit.

Apr 27, 2013 at 4:08:54 PM
retro_relapse (29)
(LEE JR.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Originally posted by: Arkturus

Since we've been on the Q tip lately, here is one item I'm happy with as Q. Won't ever find one sealed.

Very Sexy Bro!!!
Congrats!!!

Apr 27, 2013 at 4:17:40 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Indeed

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:58:30 PM
MCMROSE (43)
(Matt "Halo fruit cake") < Kraid Killer >
Oregon

very nice sir!

mcmrose.com

Apr 27, 2013 at 6:15:29 PM
NostalgicMachine (8)
< Master Higgins >
New Hampshire
This whole page is packed with win. I don't own a single VGA game at this time, but you guys genuinely inspire me.

Apr 27, 2013 at 6:46:45 PM
Arkturus (80)
(Brian Koo) < Lolo Lord >
California
^ ^ join the party then dude we wanna see more variety and more win!

Playing Clash of Clans Hardcore - If your in-game and looking for a clan we're recruiting - PM me with details

Apr 28, 2013 at 1:03:04 AM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

Thanks everyone. Thought you might like it 1upped haha branches.

What do those Zelda test carts (and gyro) go for anyway? I had no interest, but now that they are graded...... hmmmm

The gyro is unique, and to me personally, is of questionable origin.

Very, very interesting that it was authenticated.  Not to say it shouldn't have been, but I'm surprised.

ninja edit:  I'm not knocking it getting graded either, though looking back my post reads that way.  I haven't seen any conclusive info on one ever.

They usually have a goto guy or two when they have a unique item. I'm not sure who they ask when they have a test cart question but I would assume that they contacted a collector or two (perhaps someone here) to get additional input on this item. 

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:10:33 AM
Deal Donkey (103)
United States
I was afraid it would get rejected just by lack of evidence. I am not sure how they got the go ahead but it did take a few months to get back to me.

or PM your want list

Apr 28, 2013 at 3:14:29 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
being a one off on the gyro, i'm happy they didn't give it a grade. i think it's much like the duck hunt test cart from a test center... when they had to test the zapper on a game, they had duck hunt.... when they had to test rob, they needed gyromite. not sure how they were produced... but like Mark, I feel that since it's the only one confirmed at this point that it's kind of a slippery slope for authentication purposes. i'm sure it's real, but how do THEY know this particular one is a legitimate? i love VGA, don't get me wrong and i'm happy for you... but grading this particular test cart, in this instance just doesn't make sense to me...at least not when it's the only confirmed copy. being that it is so unique, some language of it's origin would be nice.

but regardless, it's very very nice

eBay listings here

Apr 28, 2013 at 4:08:36 PM
Deal Donkey (103)
United States
Originally posted by: qixmaster

being a one off on the gyro, i'm happy they didn't give it a grade. i think it's much like the duck hunt test cart from a test center... when they had to test the zapper on a game, they had duck hunt.... when they had to test rob, they needed gyromite. not sure how they were produced... but like Mark, I feel that since it's the only one confirmed at this point that it's kind of a slippery slope for authentication purposes. i'm sure it's real, but how do THEY know this particular one is a legitimate? i love VGA, don't get me wrong and i'm happy for you... but grading this particular test cart, in this instance just doesn't make sense to me...at least not when it's the only confirmed copy. being that it is so unique, some language of it's origin would be nice.

VGA sticks it's name and reputation on it when they call something legitimate. If VGA calls it authentic it's as authentic as anything else they case and grade. If they were less sure, it would have come back rejected due to lack of evidence. They get my money either way so there is no incentive to call it authentic if they are 75% sure instead of 99.999%

or PM your want list

Edited: 04/28/2013 at 04:09 PM by Deal Donkey

Apr 28, 2013 at 4:36:52 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

I was afraid it would get rejected just by lack of evidence. I am not sure how they got the go ahead but it did take a few months to get back to me.

Comsider yourself lucky I am over the one year mark on particular submission

Apr 28, 2013 at 4:56:02 PM
Deal Donkey (103)
United States

Comsider yourself lucky I am over the one year mark on particular submission

on one game?!

or PM your want list

Apr 28, 2013 at 5:09:44 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon

VGA sticks it's name and reputation on it when they call something legitimate. If VGA calls it authentic it's as authentic as anything else they case and grade. If they were less sure, it would have come back rejected due to lack of evidence. They get my money either way so there is no incentive to call it authentic if they are 75% sure instead of 99.999%

don't get me wrong, i love vga  - but this particular game, it could have been better off had they not touched it until a little more was known. i can't think of any other game, other than the new and weird sharedata chiller or the wally bear agci that, personally, I don't think should be graded until more is known. just my opionion and i absolutely love vga and what they do for the hobby.  there are just those dark horses in any hobby. 

what type of evidence did they use to authenticate gyromite?  just curious, not arguing.

eBay listings here

Apr 28, 2013 at 5:15:43 PM
Deal Donkey (103)
United States

don't get me wrong, i love vga  - but this particular game, it could have been better off had they not touched it until a little more was known. i can't think of any other game, other than the new and weird sharedata chiller or the wally bear agci that, personally, I don't think should be graded until more is known. just my opionion and i absolutely love vga and what they do for the hobby.  there are just those dark horses in any hobby. 

what type of evidence did they use to authenticate gyromite?  just curious, not arguing.

I'll have to ask them if they'll disclose the evidence but before I sent it in I talked at length about having it submitted. They told me one of a kind items wouldnt be authenticated unless they were 100% after a lengthy investigation and couldnt promise me a date when it would be returned. I was under the impression they would reject it unless they had overwhelming evidence. 

or PM your want list

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:44:50 AM
rarebucky (178)

(Adam Buchwald) < Ridley Wrangler >
United States
This is my only handheld but it's a goodie (and looks super slick in the VGA case):

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:56:38 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
sweet! I have a couple of those sealed tiger handhelds coming back too (different titles though).

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:18:03 PM
MikeB (25)
(Rex Ronan) < Crack Trooper >
Indiana
Bucky that Castlevania handheld is unreal! Very nice.

My WTB/WTTF thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

My FS/FO thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:59:20 PM
JNovo79 (120)
(Grumpy ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Illinois
They'll grade those? Sweeeeeeet!

hhttp://www.ebay.com/sch/jnovo79/m...; <-- eBay, games & also not-games

Pie > Cake
Unashamed Evil Reseller & Sega Fanboy
@JNovo79 on twitter... mostly me bitching about how being a lawyer is lame