Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Official NA Youtube channel thread Want to show off your channel or someone else's?

Jul 30 at 2:18:06 PM
Kersey (0)
< Little Mac >
Sweden
Sorting out my parents basement was totally worth it!

Aug 03 at 11:17:32 AM
Kersey (0)
< Little Mac >
Sweden
Did you guys know we have an amazing Arcade in Sweden with loads of japanese games from Taito and more!? Check it out! 

Aug 11 at 10:19:40 AM
StuOhQ (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
That arcade looks amazing. Just enjoyed some titles at 16-bit barcade last night. It was a total blast!

-------------------------
Retro Tech Select
Check out my YouTube Channel for old-school gaming goodness!

Aug 16 at 1:38:17 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Made a Switch Collection video:

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Aug 16 at 1:34:47 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
I made a video of constructive criticism on some of companies on the grading scene right now. I think the audience who cares is pretty limited but the audience is probably here if there is one!

Let's keep the youtube videos on youtube.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Edited: 08/16/2019 at 01:54 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

Aug 16 at 2:17:20 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Am I being censored by GoCollect for posting my Youtube video in the Youtube video thread, lol.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Aug 16 at 2:25:53 PM
CaLan87 (5)
(Cody ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

I made a video of constructive criticism on some of companies on the grading scene right now. I think the audience who cares is pretty limited but the audience is probably here if there is one!

LOL.... mind blown on some of this towards the end. Good job on doing your homework. I like all your points on WATA and VGA. Ive been thinking about buying something already graded by VGA and was thinking if i did buy it, id send it to WATA so this confirmed my thoughts on doing that. 

*** Check out my WTB thread!! ***
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 16 at 3:13:32 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
I did a 90s ad for 80s music!

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Aug 16 at 4:30:53 PM
Johnny (155)
(Johnny Iucci) < El Ripper >
California

Am I being censored by GoCollect for posting my Youtube video in the Youtube video thread, lol.

It’s not a great look when constructive criticism gets censored, especially when hardly any of that criticism was direct at GoCollect. Put on your tinfoil hats

~Listen to the Collector's Quest Podcast~
   https://itunes.apple.com/us/podca...
   https://soundcloud.com/collectors... 

Aug 16 at 4:37:08 PM
Archon 1981 (20)
(Stephan Reese) < Meka Chicken >
California
Originally posted by: Johnny

It's not a great look when constructive criticism gets censored, especially when hardly any of that criticism was direct at GoCollect. Put on your tinfoil hats

Yeah those are some rough optics when someone points out genuine and in some cases emergent (in the case of security flaws) issues, and the knee jerk reaction is to hide it.

Originally posted by: Some Moderator

You DID catch the title of this thread, yeah?

Listen on Sound Cloud: https://soundcloud.com/collectors...
Listen on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podca...
Find me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/archon1...

Edited: 08/16/2019 at 05:16 PM by Archon 1981

Aug 16 at 6:08:39 PM
Hubz (36)
(Dustin Hubbard) < Eggplant Wizard >
Oklahoma
Great video DefaultGen you brought up some legit and excellent criticisms. And yeah the censoring of your video on this site does NOT make for a good look.

High Quality Game Scans at -

http://www.gamingalexandria.com...

Aug 16 at 8:05:49 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Hmm, great video mang.

Odd it was censored

May the force be with you.

Aug 17 at 5:14:46 PM
avlon (2)
< Crack Trooper >
New York
Testing + reviewing the Neo Geo X Arcade Stick with the Neo Geo MiSTer core.

Check out my Youtube Channel @ https://goo.gl/KuSvJc !! Thank you! 

Aug 18 at 2:01:39 AM
WalterWhiteJr. (29)
(Frank ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Hubz

Great video DefaultGen you brought up some legit and excellent criticisms. And yeah the censoring of your video on this site does NOT make for a good look.

Agreed. This is troubling. Would anyone care to provide a legitimate reason?

Aug 18 at 11:22:58 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
This is all I am going to say about this video being removed.

Not all of us are ok with it being taken down. I thought it was a good video, and had a ton of great points.

Im sure people that want to see the video can still find it. 

I will say that the video WAS NOT TAKEN DOWN BECAUSE IT WAS CRITICAL OF ANY BUSINESSES.

Take that how you will, believe me or not. I personally will not be saying anymore about it.

Edited: 08/18/2019 at 11:25 AM by MrWunderful

Aug 18 at 1:44:21 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
This place sounds like its actually stupid now.

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Edited: 08/18/2019 at 01:44 PM by D~Funk

Aug 18 at 1:47:49 PM
Richardhead (13)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado

THIS! This is absolute garbage. Why take down a video of (what I consider) one of the best people in collecting?  This is the kind of fucking thing that made me seek out local collecting groups and has made me want to get out of this place. I mean, NA already has the stigma of having a bunch of dickwads that cry aboot everything under the sun. Why the fuck would you make it worse? 
Been listening to the collectors quest podcast the last few months and I’ve gotta say these guys know their shit. 
Fuck you NA mods! I’m starting an instagram account. Not today because I’ve got some mountain passes to cycle up. But one day soon. 
Oh wait..... I love NA, I’ll never go anywhere. I’m old and I love forums.
But still..... why the fuck censor one of the top guys in collecting ? I really wanna know. 

Edited: 08/18/2019 at 01:49 PM by Richardhead

Aug 18 at 1:48:50 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Can't wait for the next Collectors Quest Podcast 😂

Aug 18 at 1:59:33 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Richardhead

THIS! This is absolute garbage. Why take down a video of (what I consider) one of the best people in collecting?  This is the kind of fucking thing that made me seek out local collecting groups and has made me want to get out of this place. I mean, NA already has the stigma of having a bunch of dickwads that cry aboot everything under the sun. Why the fuck would you make it worse? 
Been listening to the collectors quest podcast the last few months and I’ve gotta say these guys know their shit. 
Fuck you NA mods! I’m starting an instagram account. Not today because I’ve got some mountain passes to cycle up. But one day soon. 
But still..... why the fuck censor one of the top guys in collecting ? I really wanna know. 

Can we be IG friends? I mean, I don't have an IG account, but i'll make one if you'll friend me.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Aug 18 at 2:01:32 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
The alienation of the community is just driving everyone to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

Regardless of the reason the video was taken down, legitimate or not, it's negatively affecting the good faith that GoCollect has been offered by the community even after the horrible first impressions and botched announcement of the buyout.

If we're being totally honest, after this video takedown, I really don't have the same passion to contribute to the website. However, as someone who was given 1,000 second chances, I'm willing to give GoCollect a slide as well.

It's GoCollects website to do with what they want, but the investment is worthless if the community disbands. I've spent almost a decade here, I'd hate to see the community disband over bad management practices.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Aug 18 at 2:13:51 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Originally posted by: empire

Originally posted by: Richardhead

Can we be IG friends? I mean, I don't have an IG account, but i'll make one if you'll friend me.

I’d be IG friends with you. But not until I finish my cycling adventures. Might start one tonight or tomorrow. Ill get back to ya hoser.

Aug 18 at 2:15:18 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

The alienation of the community is just driving everyone to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

Regardless of the reason the video was taken down, legitimate or not, it's negatively affecting the good faith that GoCollect has been offered by the community even after the horrible first impressions and botched announcement of the buyout.

If we're being totally honest, after this video takedown, I really don't have the same passion to contribute to the website. However, as someone who was given 1,000 second chances, I'm willing to give GoCollect a slide as well.

It's GoCollects website to do with what they want, but the investment is worthless if the community disbands. I've spent almost a decade here, I'd hate to see the community disband over bad management practices.

This! This right here! I say Default should  repost the video. 

Aug 18 at 2:16:52 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado

This is a pretty good watch.

Aug 18 at 3:25:53 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota

It's not a great look when constructive criticism gets censored, especially when hardly any of that criticism was direct at GoCollect. Put on your tinfoil hats

I'm not going to make a big show of it, but this situation sealed the deal confirming NA is no longer the place I've worked so hard to make a nice and fun place to hang out for so many years. I refuse to support censorship like this. I officially tendered my NA administrator resignation this morning. It was a good run.

Aug 18 at 3:32:17 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Originally posted by: B.A.

I'm not going to make a big show of it, but this situation sealed the deal confirming NA is no longer the place I've worked so hard to make a nice and fun place to hang out for so many years. I refuse to support censorship like this. I officially tendered my NA administrator resignation this morning. It was a good run.

This makes me sad. Thanks B.A. for what you’ve done here.