Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NA's SNES Database Question

May 13, 2017 at 11:15:59 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Quite some time ago I copied the 722 licensed SNES games from this site to my personal spreadsheet for tracking.  On that list was Super Game Boy.  I see that is now changed to an accessory (as I agree it should be), but there is still 722 licensed games.  So what did I miss?

After going through it looks like Starfox Super Weekend is in as a licensed game.  Is this an actual licensed game?  I thought this was a comp cart like the DKC one? 

Just looking for clarification    Or am I confusing licensed games vs retail games? 

-------------------------
Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

May 13, 2017 at 11:25:17 AM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Honestly there have been a number of threads about this topic. There is debate in the community about this and DKCC, since they were able to be purchased through the catalog. Exertainment Mountain Bike Rally: Speed Racer and the different MACS carts are also questionable items for "complete sets" that vary from collector to collector. The one item that is for sure is that Super Noah's Ark is unlicensed and therefore not part of the complete "licensed" set.

Haves     |     Wants

May 13, 2017 at 12:07:36 PM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
There are countless threads but no concrete answers as you say. I wasn't sure those were all mail away games. Ok I will go with 720 retail games for my collection (no exertainment combo and no comp carts since you couldn't buy them in stores). Thanks!

Still doesn't change the fact that DKC comp is considered a "competition" cart in the database and Starfox Weekend Comp is considered "licensed".

Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

May 13, 2017 at 12:17:16 PM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Yeah I know I differ from some on here that feel it's part of the licensed set. I guess at the end of the day, whether it is or it isn't part of the set, I personally am not interested in acquiring them. I do think owning the MACS cart and rifle would be cool someday though. That and the exertainment bike with the speed racer maybe  

Haves     |     Wants