Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sealed Game Contents Open a sealed game recently? Going to? Post the contents here!

Apr 22, 2007 at 4:11:25 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Yes. I need anything that you have to add to the list! Thanks man

Also, I have a couple that were PMed to me before (Bandai titles) that had no extra inserts. After having opened a couple that had nothing but a NP insert, and the fact that they had games released before Nintendo Power came out, they may indeed be legit, and when I have time those will be checked for the date and confirmed. It'd be one or two more off the list as well

-------------------------

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Apr 25, 2007 at 10:26:22 PM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Wizard, we all get games every once in a while that are so mint and come with all inserts and posters and everything that you'd ASSUME came with the game when it was new. Why don't you start taking submissions for those, but don't actually add them to your list until you get 3 different instances of a game having the same exact inserts?

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Apr 25, 2007 at 10:59:30 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
^ Man that would take a *lot* more time and energy, not to mention the fact that he's been going out of his way to avoid any and all assumptive submissions

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Apr 26, 2007 at 5:01:44 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Yeah, I've even discounted games that had no inserts, that now I have to go back and find because new evidence is pointing to them actually not having inserts. Damn I'm glad I never delete PMs. But yeah, I don't want to take submissions for those sort of games, even if they do look absolutely mint. Reason being is that I've had a few games that I've switched inserts from (before I knew any better), and I don't remember which ones they were. Now, if I would do such a thing, it stands to reason that someone else somewhere along the line may have done the same thing. No, I want to keep it as authentic as possible, and the only way to do that is by making sure the submissions are from factory sealed games. I'm not saying to open up every sealed game you own, although it would be nice...I'm just asking that, say, you have a sealed game come in and the shrink is damaged, or the box is crushed, or whatever, that should you choose to open it, you send me the list of contents. And if you would rather not, you could always sell/trade me your sealed games...anyone who does such for the purpose of enhancing the list will be thanked in the guide (I have a separate section in the thanks for people that have sold me sealed games because of this project), and are just as important to me as the person that opens the game themselves. And now I'm going off on a bit of a tangent, so I'll just let this post die now...

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

May 5, 2007 at 1:36:35 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Hey Wizard man... here's another one for you.... Got this one in a lot awhile ago and the plastic was torn up on the bottom so I opened it up.

Kickle Cubicle

Game Cart: NES-QC-USA
Box: NES-QC-USA
Book: NES-QC-USA
Kickle Cubicle Poster: IRE-QC-US
Regular Black Dust sleeve (non-glossy)
IREM America Corp Survey Card: IRE-NES-US
Warning card for projection TV: NES-RPTV-USA
Nintendo Power insert: PMG-USA

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

May 5, 2007 at 1:54:23 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
OOH! Another rare one. Thanks man! I'll edit that in with the one Basil sent me via eMail, and add in another that I picked up. Slowly but surely

May 13, 2007 at 3:50:41 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
Wizard Man... two more common ones but you may or may not have them.

Airwolf:
Regular Black Dust Sleeve
Box Code: NES-AF-USA
Cart with code: NES-AF-USA
Book with code: NES-AF-USA
Acclaim Poster Code: ACL-HN-US
Acclaim's Game Pak Warranty Registration Card Code:ACL-NES-US 1
Nintendo Power Magazine Ad Code: PMG-VR-USA

Bad Dudes:
Regular Black Dust Sleeve
Box Code: NES-DU-USA
Cart with code: NES-DU-USA
Book with code: NES-DU-USA
Data East Poster Code: DAT-NES-US-1
Data East Business Reply Card Code: DAT-NES-US
Nintendo Power Magazine Ad Code: PMG-MW-USA

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!

May 13, 2007 at 11:44:38 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Need both, but I'm not at home, so I can't add them yet. When I do get home, they'll both get posted. Thanks again man

May 13, 2007 at 4:06:42 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
Are you out trying to cross the US / Canada border to make your way to Tennesse to make Jason eat his continual words about your momma?! Geez... he is so fascinated by her! :-)~

Edited: 05/28/2007 at 04:06 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

May 13, 2007 at 4:16:17 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
hahaha. This started long long ago on NESforums. Me and Wiz go back a long way.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

May 14, 2007 at 12:11:00 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Yeah. We've been friends for a few years now. There's nobody online that I trust more than NGD. Well, other than his girlfriend, who was fantastic last night

May 14, 2007 at 3:50:04 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
It's good to see/hear about all the nice sharing going on around here...
:-)

May 14, 2007 at 5:36:38 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666
Well, other than his girlfriend, who was fantastic last night

Ouch!

May 14, 2007 at 8:50:49 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
haha. You owe me $20 bucks for her time at least then, lol. (I hope she randomly sees this and makes a post)
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

May 14, 2007 at 11:56:43 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
After reading Wizard's posts about what he does to His Own girlfriend I think he owes you alot more than $20!! LOL
That is unless you and his mom are on a credit system and your GF is working of your debts to his mom!

hehehehe

May 14, 2007 at 1:13:05 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
That's exactly it

May 28, 2007 at 3:28:17 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Thanks again Parpunk. Two new additions to the list, including a freakin' ACTION SET

Hey Dain, you think this thread would be sticky-worthy? Might get new people to see it easier and get the list finished quicker...

May 28, 2007 at 4:05:59 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Sure thing

I changed the topic title and description so people know what the thread is about.

Edited: 05/28/2007 at 04:11 PM by Dain

May 28, 2007 at 4:41:29 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
hey Wiz. ok heres some other #'s for ya on Adventure island 2 (i didnt see any -1's)
Game Cart: NES-V7-USA
Box: NES-V7-USA
Book: NES-V7-USA
Do Not Open Insert: PMG-USA-1
Regular Black Dust sleeve
POSTER: HUD-NES-1

I cant find ANY other numbers on the paperwork than what i have already listed. any certain place i should check? thers nothing else on the covers or back covers?

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

May 28, 2007 at 5:30:20 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
No, that's fine man. Everything looks good now Thanks again

Jun 4, 2007 at 8:02:14 PM
ou812now (1)

(Chris La Mere) < Cherub >
Texas

Well Dain probably doesn't want to open his Myriad 6 in one so I can tell you that the only thing in there is the manual no extra paperwork. I know I opened one that the plastic was about to fall off on.

Jun 4, 2007 at 8:54:41 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
Washington
Don't forget the Caltron Dust Sleeve!

Jun 5, 2007 at 4:35:53 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Yeah, need EVERY detail. But that knocks off a toughie, thanks man And nice to see a familiar face joining the fray here

Jun 5, 2007 at 4:39:00 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Down to 52 entries needed before I submit it. Keep 'em coming

Jun 5, 2007 at 5:50:23 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
I'll have Low G Man for you this weekend, providing it's not on your list already. Which reminds me: can you email me a more current version so that I know what games to avoid when I do my sealed shopping? The version I've got now is like 3 months old.

Thanks.

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Edited: 06/05/2007 at 05:52 PM by Dr. Morbis