Sep 3, 2007 at 11:10:47 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Dain

Ok, than we'll go with *two* games from NGD's collection

I'm in .

-------------------------

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Sep 4, 2007 at 12:03:26 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Goes to make sure the door is locked.....
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Sep 4, 2007 at 12:10:26 AM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Couple quick ideas:

-Make a note of which columns will be regular every month (not sure how to indicate that).
-Add the website name everywhere, if its printed and handed out some peeps might not know the site.
-Have a paid subscription for printed version ($5/month, covers $1.50-2.50 printing depending on quantity and shipping?)

Sep 4, 2007 at 12:15:17 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
All great ideas IMO. We also need page #'s so when you print it out it is easy to keep it together.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Sep 4, 2007 at 12:50:38 AM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
I think there should be a whats "hot" on e-bay and also a e-bay scores of the month section(Nistle might as well be a guest writer for this).Or maybe a section like a then and now comparison on what certin games used to sell for, Be it more or less than they do now,using old saved completed listings from e-bay.Those are a few things that change every month and I find very intresting.But all and all I think the e-zine is a huge success and I can not wait for the next one.I think this has already been brought up but how about more than one issue a month,sort of like a bi-weekly Nintendoage newsletter of sorts.Thanks to everyone who put in time on this project it is greatly appericated. P.S If I win the contest I pick NGD's cib Chubby Cherub..LOL

Edited: 09/04/2007 at 12:58 AM by NOFRIENDO-banned

Sep 4, 2007 at 1:02:34 AM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Hot sales or sales from 3-5 years ago would be cool. Just a small corner section with ~5 listings.

I also wanted to suggest more frequent than monthly, but I think with how much work it takes the quality or content would just drop.

Since there is a new forum section there should also be a thread to discuss each recurring ezine column.

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:20:24 AM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
I just wanted to stop in and say thank you to everyone who worked on this e-zine. You all did a great job.

Oh, and BTW, I didn't get a copy in my email either.

Sep 4, 2007 at 7:12:15 AM
schmibernd79 (74)
(Benedikt Schmidt) < Eggplant Wizard >
Germany
great work everyone that participated, I read all through it during my morning coffee!! 
possible future topics might be (interesting from my point of view)

-Protos (which ones really are known to exist, which ones are mystery)
-Test carts(why are people so keen on collecting the test stuff, what can u actually do with it?)

just an idea...

anyway keep up the great work guys! 

Sep 4, 2007 at 10:39:01 AM
xtremegamer (188)
(Lenny Laserdisc) < Ridley Wrangler >
Missouri
Hey dain,  Did not recieve mine via email.  Just FYI, I will read it through the link for now.  Thanks.

Paaaaper!  Have you ever seen paper?  Look at it, smell it!

Sep 4, 2007 at 1:39:08 PM
Shags (65)
(--- Ben ---) < El Ripper >
Alaska
i also did not recieve it

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:15:45 PM
350f (1)
(Andy Hagen) < Crack Trooper >
Missouri
I just wanted to say the e-Zine was great! It was very well written and informative for us noobies. Keep up the good work, I think if word gets out about this e-Zine, this forum will really take off.

As far as suggestions go, I think a monthly, or bimonthly contest would be cool. Like a contest only Dain and the other admins of this site know about until the e-Zine is released. And then you have till a certain day to submit your scores or whatever.

-Andy

Check Out My Collection
http://www.andynes.zoomshare.com

Sep 4, 2007 at 4:03:24 PM
Quack (68)
(Quack Quack) < King Solomon >
Florida
Just sat outside on the deck in the sun and had a nice full read of this first issue. I throughly enjoyed it and can't wait for the next issue. All great articles written by everyone. Kudos!

Mr Penguin O4 (9:01:18 PM): Quackenguin
SnappleSTG (9:01:28 PM): Pengenbush

Swing by my YouTube channel for a visit, and sub up while you're there! :)

Sep 4, 2007 at 4:07:09 PM
Shags (65)
(--- Ben ---) < El Ripper >
Alaska
Just got done reading and wanted to say thank you to everyone involved, what a great read.

Sep 4, 2007 at 4:43:55 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Hey I love all the feedback here and once again want to say Dan did a great job putting it all together. Dan asked me to kinda focus on eBay and such and I hope to incorporate some of the ideas here into that in future issues. Thanks again for the suggestions.

~E~

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Sep 4, 2007 at 6:09:46 PM
Nintendo Workshop (60)
(Ryan ) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
Also did not get it.

But got the link and will read tonight.

Sep 4, 2007 at 7:02:14 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I didn't get it either. Checked my junk mail folder but it was too full of useless junk to really sift through.

I'm gonna print it out and read it while i'm at work.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Sep 4, 2007 at 10:52:12 PM
Stan (81)
(Demonologist and Linguist Supreme) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
Nice job guys, interesting read. Lots of it was common knowledge to me, but I think it's an excellent start with plenty of potential. I hope to be adding some writing to the mix, but we'll see what the man in charge tells me in PM, I have a few ideas for some articles.

Sep 5, 2007 at 1:48:29 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
HOLY SHIT! STAN!!!

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Sep 5, 2007 at 9:21:14 AM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
I didnt get the email ether.  I checked my profile (to make sure my email was valid) and checked my email and junk folder (I have a hotmail account).

I downloaded the PDF, and will print it off as well.

I'd really like it if it become available in print.  But man, that would be a lot of effort.

Al

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Sep 5, 2007 at 9:57:20 AM
350f (1)
(Andy Hagen) < Crack Trooper >
Missouri
I just had an idea for a small section. For the big sellers, how to get the most money out of your games on ebay.

-Andy

Check Out My Collection
http://www.andynes.zoomshare.com

Sep 5, 2007 at 1:48:57 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
The zine was excellent, definitely of to the right start. Everyone has excellent suggestions as well. I would also like to suggest maybe an inerview with a different NA member each month, maybe we could get to know each other better that way! If I had to pick a favorite section, I love Wizards Hidden Treasures Revealed article. There are definitely a lot of games that would work well in that column. I also like Bravehearts suggestions on collecting sub sets. That would for sure be a great way to go, since collecting everything is a little daunting task. Collect by developer, for example. But great work by all!! Well done!!

Sep 5, 2007 at 2:19:50 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I think an interview with a random member each month would be great. Or maybe a shorter Q/A with a few members a month. Who knows.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Sep 5, 2007 at 5:59:38 PM
Stan (81)
(Demonologist and Linguist Supreme) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
I'm around, I just don't talk much unless I'm buying someone's manuals, but now I have a reason to chat more, I like writing stuff like this. Been doing tons of reviews recently so it'd be a good idea.

Sep 12, 2007 at 4:04:35 PM
figgler (2)
(saac sloggett) < Crack Trooper >
Ontario

Yes this Zine was quite good, and as a new member @ NA it brings me great (geeky) joy to see this kind of thing come out of the community.  Some really solid info, and enough different voices to keep it fresh throughout.
I do have suggestions, not critisms mind you, but things I would enjoy seeing in the future. 

- How about game tips or codes? I know there are walktrhoughs everywhere and sites dedicated to this kind of thing, but I am very much an NES player and I think this would be fun.

- A Top 5 list.  Everyone likes a good list right?  Top 5 Zapper games, Top 5 Data East releases.  That could be very cool.

Currently playing;
NES - WWF King of the Ring, Dragon Warrior IV
DS - Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, DK Jungle Climber
Wii - Link's Crossbow Training

Sep 14, 2007 at 12:09:49 AM
ShadowHacker (3)
(Jordin Johanson) < Crack Trooper >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Stan Stepanic

Nice job guys, interesting read. Lots of it was common knowledge to me, but I think it's an excellent start with plenty of potential. I hope to be adding some writing to the mix, but we'll see what the man in charge tells me in PM, I have a few ideas for some articles.

Who are you? Not to be rude but I've never heard of you.

Chatroom Quotes:
Nesboy43: bwild22 just to let you know i peed on your post when i opened it up on my computer