NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Premium for perfect CIB games

Jun 25 at 10:29:47 AM
Collector Steve (0)

(Steve Collector) < Tourian Tourist >
Florida
Hey guys,

I’m going to be selling games at a comic book convention soon.  Some of the games I’m going to be selling are CIB SNES games but they are mint.  I want to sell at a fair price.  

Im trying to gauge what a fair price is.  Like Legend of Zelda (SNES) is listed at $78.84 in  
CIB on GVN.  But that price includes EBay sales where CIB can be manual only inside a scruffy box. Mine is comparable or better than eBay listings where the (unreliable) ask price is close to $300.  

Another example:  Super Mario All Stars is $33.84 for CIB and $207 sealed on GVN.  I have a near flawless complete CIB one. No way I will sell for close to $33!  But I do want to sell at a fair price 

Can you recommend a rule of thumb to use when boxes are NM or Mint?

Thanks

Jun 25 at 10:41:48 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
A few things.

1. Can you post pics of the 2 examples you give. One mans mint may be anothers excellent.  

2. There is a premium based on condition but there isnt really a rule of thumb as it all comes down to supply and demand.

3. Both examples you mentioned have players choice versions which can affect pricing on GVN as well.

4. Without knowing any more than what you have stated I would look at completed EBAY auctions for complete copies and price at the high end of them and be ready to negotiate at the show. Start at the ceiling price and have a floor price in your head. Don't discount on the first day if its a multi day show.

Jun 25 at 10:50:54 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Mint is for sure subjective but if its what I assume it is I can easily agree condition impacts price greatly. GVN+20/30% easy in some cases depending on title and rarity

Jun 25 at 11:20:26 AM
Collector Steve (0)

Florida
Hope this pic works...it’s from my iphone

Jun 25 at 11:27:56 AM
Collector Steve (0)

Florida
GVN plus 30% is just at $100 for the Zelda which is complete with all cards the baggy. eBay auctions had completed CIB prices ranging from $100 to almost $300.

Edited: 06/25/2019 at 12:12 PM by Collector Steve

Jun 25 at 11:35:50 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Those do look pretty nice. Like I said, depending on title for sure. Everyone has to have LTTP when they collect it seems. :-)

Jun 25 at 11:51:46 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Just go with your gut, price guides obviously aren't as relevant when condition is exceptional. Though you'd have to see pics of more than just the fronts to verify (backs , inner contents, etc.) On stuff like Zelda or Mario where it is always listed, just add the word "mint" to your search string to get some leads. For example, searching completed listings on (snes, super nintendo) zelda mint gives some good results in the $300 range.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=%28snes%2...

-------------------------
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 06/25/2019 at 11:52 AM by jonebone

Jun 25 at 1:18:32 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
I would highly suggest selling them at a regular video game show rather than a comic convention.

Also, don't have them out where every Tom, Dick, and Harry can touch them as they walk up if you do.

Jun 25 at 3:03:19 PM
rdools (91)
(Rick Dools) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
I don't know how practical this would be for the pricing websites, but it would be pretty neat to have the data broken down a little more, to see what the average selling price is for the top 25%, middle 50% and bottom 25% (or something like that)

Jun 25 at 3:12:43 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

I would highly suggest selling them at a regular video game show rather than a comic convention.

Also, don't have them out where every Tom, Dick, and Harry can touch them as they walk up if you do.
This. I would get some of those jewelry cases (With a lock!) and the little plastic protective cases to show them off.

I might be lambasted for saying this, but I would also sell them a little higer premium, just to be on the safe side (booth overhead at a convention has to be insane). Set the price high (Not too high, but a "fair" high if that makes sense), you can always haggle and go down.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Edited: 06/25/2019 at 03:13 PM by BouncekDeLemos

Jun 25 at 8:56:24 PM
TheBiRD (82)
(Eric 007-373-5963) < Kraid Killer >
Quebec
You might want to look at sold games and ask somewhere the highest sold for..

Looking for SNeS : NHL 95-96 both sealed mint. Trade or $$ ! Help me complete my sealed set (I've Nhlpa93, nhl94, nhl97 and nhl98)

My SELLING Thread <------------------------------------------------------CLICK THERE 

Jun 25 at 10:58:32 PM
If You Must (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

This. I would get some of those jewelry cases (With a lock!) and the little plastic protective cases to show them off.

I might be lambasted for saying this, but I would also sell them a little higer premium, just to be on the safe side (booth overhead at a convention has to be insane). Set the price high (Not too high, but a "fair" high if that makes sense), you can always haggle and go down.

I second this. I've NEVER been at any sort of con where the prices where great, nor do I expect to find anything the cheapest around when I go. Mark it up a bit and haggle if you gotta. Good luck.

Jun 26 at 12:49:31 AM
Collector Steve (0)

Florida
Thanks for the info. I'm considering holding them back from the show, or at least keeping them out of arm's reach.