Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

New owner of a Nintendo 3DS Exciting!

Mar 28, 2014 at 6:49:11 PM
Zing (23)
(Daniel Corban) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
It's been four months, and I wanted to post some updated thoughts.

Animal Crossing did turn out to be a dud for me. I had some fun with it for a couple weeks, but it just felt like busy work and I had no one to share my town with. My daughter is too busy with school and other fun things we do together to let her waste time on this game.

I've played through a few games. Zelda and Mario 3D Land were great. I've also put a large chunk of time into a bunch of other games, such as Luigi's Mansion and Kid Icarus. Bravely Default also stole hours of my life every day for the first few weeks after release, but I am taking a break. I'm currently playing Fire Emblem and Yoshi's New Island.

The Pokemon promotion finally gave me a reason to register my system. It also prompted me to buy a system for my daughter. She has always wanted to play Mario Kart 7 with me, and now she can. I'm planning for us to try Pokemon together once the school year begins to wind up. I have both X and Y waiting for us. She is currently playing Lego City and enjoying it.

-------------------------
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay...

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:30:47 AM
BSlytheGamerGuy (0)
< Little Mac >
New York
If you play the following games than you will love your 3DS as much as I (and many others do). Trust me.....

Super Mario 3D Land
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Bravely Default
Fire Emblem
Mario Kart 7

And that's just the tip of the ice berg.

Follow me on Twitter @BslyTheGamerGuy
Read reviews, editorials, rants, and more on my BLOG:http://bslydarksky.blogspot.com...  - 3/16/14 Retro Review of RYGAR!

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:40:57 AM
Rooster (113)
(Michael Speakman) < Ridley Wrangler >
Japan
Fire emblem should be a fun one for you.

Edited: 03/31/2014 at 11:41 AM by Rooster

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:17:52 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
I keep thinking FE could be excellent but after a year of removing the seal on it and never once turning it on I decided to sell it over lack of time to commit. I'm sure I'm missing out, same can be said for Mario Kart which I'm ditching too since I don't do it multiplayer so it got old fast(same reason I likely won't buy the 8th on WiiU too.)

Bravely Default aka Final Fantasy undercover is a fantastic title that must be played. Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario 3D Land are also really fantastic titles. If you want to lean more into third party there some amazing stuff to be had. Just to list (you can research) but Ace Combat, Castlevania, Theaterhythm Final Fantasy, Cave Story 3D, Tales of the Abyss, Pinball Hall of Fame, and Super SFIV are solid titles.

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:11:22 PM
Submissive421 (35)
< Meka Chicken >
Georgia
I managed to pick up a Paper Mario Sticker Star for $7 a few months ago. I could have been way better but it isn't terrible.

I really want to get Luigi's Mansion and Mart Kart. The 3ds is great. I need to pick up more of the games. Nintendo makes sure that their games don't really go on sale very often. Most of their ds games are still full price at retailers

My Want List
My for Sale List