Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NA Auction Rules (2018-02 Update): READ prior to creating or bidding on an auction! Ends: Monday January 1st 2018, 1:00pm (NA time/EST) -- High bid: $5.00

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:16:36 PM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
We are creating this thread to summarize the NA Auction Rules, as well as provide updates regarding any rule changes or additions.  If you have read all of the rules and have any questions or need clarification, please let us know.

The most up-to-date Auction rules are located in the FAQ here:  NA AUCTION RULES

See below for updates:

UPDATED FEB 2018:
Auctioneer Rule #9 regarding auction terms has been clarified as follows:

"Once an auction has an active bid, the auctioneer cannot change ANY auction terms, including but not limited to the end date or time, anti-snipe provisions, shipping terms, etc.  Some modifications such as expanded shipping accomodations for international bidders may be allowed if they are less restrictive.  Contact a moderator before making any such changes."

UPDATED SEP 2017:
Buyer/Bidder Rule #4 has been added as follows:

"All bids placed must be for the exact amount of your desired bid.  For example, bids such as "+1" or any other non-specific dollar amount bids are invalid."

Please see below for a summary of other guidelines for creating an auction:

1. Please form your auction thread so that the title accurately describes what's being sold (think of how you'd compose an eBay title). Structure your subtitle just as you see for this post. Use NA time (EST) and avoid the 01/10/2001 format.

*** Avoid using generic end-times or days, such as "Auction ends this Thursday."  This is too ambiguous and we need an exact end-date.
     *** The same goes for editing your thread to say "Auction ends Today!" - that is fine to add, as long as the advertised end-date is still listed somewhere

2. Please update your subtitle at least once a day, when you get your "free bump" to send the auction to the top of the forum. When your auction has ended, modify the end time to a big ***ENDED*** and a moderator will lock your auction up.

3. To eliminate confusion please once your auction is over adjust the sub title to ENDED!! Please Lock Winning Bid $1.27

4. All transactions must abide by the NA FAQ. Aside from that, the only rules are those set by the seller, and agreed to by the buyer. If something is unclear, ask the seller. If you don't like a rule, take your money elsewhere. If there's a dispute, you are expected to work it out on your own, in PM, directly with the other party. Moderation will not become involved unless there is an issue of some of fraud or other serious wrongdoing.

Link to previous Auction guidelines thread:  Auction Guidelines

-------------------------
Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Edited: 03/19/2019 at 04:03 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:17:05 PM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
Reserved

-------------------------
Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...