NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Death Console Killer Ver 3 NES cart that kills consoles muahahahaha

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:17:55 PM
AaronE (52)
(Aaron E) < El Ripper >
Indiana
Originally posted by: OnlyHereForTheScoreboard

To be honest, watching this is sickening.

Why would you do this?

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:09:30 PM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Originally posted by: OnlyHereForTheScoreboard

To be honest, watching this is sickening.

Why would you do this?
This was in my clipboard for anther thread, but now I see that it belongs here even more.

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:38:03 PM
CZroe (31)
Georgia
Now, from an engineering standpoint, could one theoretically mod an NES such that it still works with normal games and can resist being damaged by this?

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:16:42 PM
K3VBOT (286)
(K3V ) < King Solomon >
Indiana
Originally posted by: CZroe

Now, from an engineering standpoint, could one theoretically mod an NES such that it still works with normal games and can resist being damaged by this?

Most likely not. 

-------------------------

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:35:29 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: AaronE

Originally posted by: Memblers

Brutal. This should be what happens when you lose on Hot Seat Harry, "Now you're playing with power!". NES cart shells are so huge, man if one of those were filled up with high-voltage ceramic capacitors it could probably do some major damage (or kill a person if they were touching it). If you want to try this on a small scale at home, put a Codemasters cart with the wrong mode switch in a toploader. That probably won't hurt the console though, just the cart.
Could make a board like how bunnyboy does with his XMAS carts where the LEDs are controlled by the cart. Then you'd just need to make a game to basically switch on 5V to the part that kills the console and bam.

Or have this be what happens when you lose in Russian Roulette...

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:41:32 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Maybe something like this was hidden in some of the early Xbox 360 releases. Would explain the red rings.  

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:35:27 PM
m308gunner (63)
(Jason ) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
You Monster *in Glados voice*

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:45:53 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
I'm genuinely curious. How does it work?

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:48:01 PM
rokubungi (164)
(The Guardian) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
would one of those USB killers wired to the + - and a couple data lines be nearly as effective at killing a NES?

If you have any GBA signage or kiosk I would be interested. Please send me a PM because I'm only here about once a month now but I'm still VERY interested in large system signage or small playable kiosks related to the GBA.

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:56:44 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
RIP. What a sad video. This cart must be destroyed.  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:57:26 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

RIP. What a sad video. This cart must be destroyed.  
An NES console that can destroy carts!  

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:00:15 PM
CZroe (31)
Georgia
Someone needs to challenge Kevin Horton (KevTris) to make an NES that can can not only survive Kevin Hershberger's (K3VBOT's) killer pak, but also turn the tables and fry it.

Kevin v. Kevin. FIGHT!

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:01:56 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
There can be only one!

Also, if the winner can use voice modulation to say "I thought you were made of sterner stuff," I will die a happy man.

Edited: 11/08/2016 at 07:02 PM by Tulpa

Nov 9, 2016 at 8:35:40 PM
GradualGames (39)
(Derek Andrews) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
I like watching people destroy iphones, which are manufactured by the billions and fill huge disgusting landfills and are basically trash to begin with. But old NES consoles? These will never be manufactured again. What a waste of time and precious nostalgic hardware which could have lit up the face of some youngster getting into retro gaming for the first time.

Creators of: Nomolos: Storming the CATsle, and The Legends of Owlia.

Edited: 11/09/2016 at 08:43 PM by GradualGames

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:25:25 AM
Final Theory (2)

(Final Theory) < Crack Trooper >
United States
This is cool that you were able to make such a thing. Honestly if you were to make many copies of this it would be a cool item to have since no other cart does this to my knowledge, but its kind of sadistic because we mostly highly value our old consoles and would never really want this to happen to them.

For example, I don't actually know what happened to my old original NES console. I was very young and I don't remember what we did with it, however my aunt gave me her old NES console because she knows that I'm into retro games and so this console means something to me. It is a hand-me-down from a family member and so I value this console more than if it were just a randomly purchased console off ebay.

I would never want to see my aunts console that I inherited get destroyed. Also you would have to be very careful if you owned this cart because if you had kids and they didn't understand what the cart did you could very well destroy something that you love very much. I say this if you sell this console killer make it so that you have to unlock it an order for it to function. Kind of like how child proof pill bottles work or how on an sd card you have the option to lock it so that you cannot write to it anymore. Have something like that on this cart so that you have to unlock it for it to function. The only way I could see this in an NES collection would be for it to be placed inside a glass display case and its only there for looks.

Actually, if people here really do love the NES then this is against everything that people here stand for. Like lets pretend that this forum is really all about people who love puppies and then some user posts a thread on how to kill your puppy. Really the idea of killing your beloved console goes against the spirit of the site and the hobby.

The only thing positive about this is that it is interesting that it exists and does this and because of this, its a very unique item.

There are also many bad situations which could arise pretty easily with this cart. Consider the following situation. Say that your friends come over and you guys play some NES games together. Everyone is having fun and maybe drinking a few beers. Then one of your friends sees this console killer cartridge and wonders what it does. You explain that it kills your console and makes it no longer work. Then your friends of course out of curiosity want to see if it works or not. The console killer cartridge gets inserted either by you, because your friends pressured you into doing it or one of them gets curious enough to insert the cart themselves when you are not looking. Then before you know it your console is toast! It might provide some entertainment, but then the next day you realize that your console that you have enjoyed so much is dead.

So you couldn't even keep it in a glass display case. You would have to keep it in gun case with a lock on it. This way nobody but you would have access it to. This cart is like a weapon so it should be locked up and kept away from everyone, but you. And the only purpose you would have with the item is to have it as a collectors item since the functionality of it is undesirable.

Edited: 11/10/2016 at 01:47 AM by Final Theory

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:45:53 AM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
I like the idea of someone making a nes cinsole that can kill cartridges, battle to the death!

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:47:07 AM
shawnphase (9)
(shawn phase) < Lolo Lord >
Western Australia
can you explain exactly how it does it via a diagram? i think it would be cool to graphically see it if it wouldnt take too long. i linked it in #nesdev and someone said 'is k3vb0t kevtris?', ahaha.

http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com... for a whole slew of video game cover music.

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:33:11 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: CZroe

Someone needs to challenge Kevin Horton (KevTris) to make an NES that can can not only survive Kevin Hershberger's (K3VBOT's) killer pak, but also turn the tables and fry it.

Kevin v. Kevin. FIGHT!

This whole thing has me thinking about that bizarro James Bond movie where they play the video game that shocks the losing player, but between Bond and the Villain they play it at a level that will kill the person that loses.

Nov 10, 2016 at 10:15:50 AM
CZroe (31)
Georgia
Kevin H. Bizarro's killer cart codename: SR388-X-org ("X Parasite")
Kevin H. Prime's killer console codename: Chozo-M-syn ("Metroid")

The galaxy is at peace as long as these two duke it out. The powers are kept in check so the other native fauna can flourish.

Edited: 11/10/2016 at 10:49 AM by CZroe

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:00:43 PM
standigz (1)

(Chaz Gidnats) < El Ripper >
New Jersey
What did that NES do to deserve the death penalty?

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:03:32 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
This piece of pure evil must be destroyed!!!

I'm genuinely interested on how it works though.

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:06:44 AM
K3VBOT (286)
(K3V ) < King Solomon >
Indiana
This post is all over the place.
It was made to see if it could be done, and it can. This will not be for sale, clones of it will not be for sale.
It has a zip tie through the end, so the zip tie needs cut to even fit in a nes console.
The 2 OEM boards destroyed were both pulled out of a trash can in the first place   get over it.

On a side note, local game store hooked me up with a cheap Retron 1... and... it kills those too.

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:25:40 AM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
purchased! I'll be posting a video of it's destruction! happy birthday, k3v!

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Nov 14, 2016 at 10:17:26 AM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Placed my order. Please ship soon, I want to give this to my recipient in Secret Santa. Already have the donor shell and 1:1 Little Samson label ready.

Nov 14, 2016 at 10:26:18 AM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
Originally posted by: mattbep

Placed my order. Please ship soon, I want to give this to my recipient in Secret Santa. Already have the donor shell and 1:1 Little Samson label ready.

Wasn't that rocket 80s scientist banned?