Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

WATA Certified game breaks 6 figures Earliest known sealed copy of Super Mario Bros. sells for $100,150!

Feb 23 at 1:45:41 PM
Funkatron (1)

< Little Mac >
From Discover on Google https://arstechnica.com/gaming/20...

Here's link to interview with bronty on sale of $100k Mario. Congrats bronty! TRUELY Amazing collection!! Love the custom frames on the original artworks!

Feb 23 at 9:21:17 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Funkatron

From Discover on Google https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/02/meet-the-man-who-got-...

Here's link to interview with bronty on sale of $100k Mario. Congrats bronty! TRUELY Amazing collection!! Love the custom frames on the original artworks!

Helluva read. 

-------------------------

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Feb 24 at 5:25:00 AM
OptOut (10)
(Taiwan PAL Gamer ) < Lolo Lord >
Taiwan
Originally posted by: AirVillain

Originally posted by: Funkatron

From Discover on Google https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/02/meet-the-man-who-got-...

Helluva read. 

Agreed, great article! Always love seeing the boxart illustrations too, real treat!  

***Help me finish my N64 set!!!***
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...
***I will pay good money for YOUR shovelware sports games!!!***

Feb 24 at 9:13:27 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Thanks! Actually that reminds me, anyone who is reading and interested is welcome to join the game art FB group

https://m.facebook.com/groups/502...

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Feb 24 at 10:37:03 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Brink

Bronty - we really want to hear the neat background story on this game.  Please indulge us.  I was still thinking about it this afternoon while being intimate with my wife.  I cannot move on

I just wanted to formally say thank you for this piece of gold, and make sure others don't miss it. Referenced below. 

Originally posted by: Bronty

Thanks! Actually that reminds me, anyone who is reading and interested is welcome to join the game art FB group

https://m.facebook.com/groups/502536466816380/

I can atest for how awesome the group is. I've actually tried to not look too much until I can dedicate some time to looking at all the cool shit. So far everything that's come across my feed has been awesome. 

The few pictures in the article, with Battletoads, MM7, and Blades of Steel, are effing incredible.

I can not stop thinking about them. I will be thinking of them while making love to my fiance.  

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 02/24/2019 at 10:43 AM by AirVillain

Feb 24 at 11:02:25 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
^ so funny    

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Feb 26 at 12:59:08 PM
FantomTesla (1)
(Michael W) < Little Mac >
Tennessee

Originally posted by: Rareusgold

Originally posted by: Tulpa

Originally posted by: Beabull

Entertaining thread, sounds like there are some far bigger collections than I would've imagined or reasonably expected. Teach me your ways
1) Make money
2) Buy games, flip extras
3)?
4)Profit!

1) Make money
3)?  (Try to Keep Your Beautiful wife from leaving because there are NES games in your Kitchen Cabinets!)
4)Profit!

baahahhaha!  that's about right  

Numbers 2 and 3 are where I personally get stuck. The older I get, I edge from "collector" into "hoarder", even with common stuff.
Actual conversation I had with my wife a few weeks ago:
Me: Hey look, A Boy and His Blob and its only $2! I'm going to get it...
Wife: I thought you had two of that already, you just bought a second, right? Didn't I see one in your office and a new one in a box in the kitchen?
Me: Yeah, but I needed two, one for me and one for Jax (our son) to play with when he gets older.
Wife: So why would we need a third copy? 
Me: ...yeah...but, I mean...what if we have more kids though?

Feb 26 at 1:11:16 PM
Rareusgold (3)

< Tourian Tourist >
United States
Originally posted by: FantomTesla

Originally posted by: Rareusgold

Originally posted by: Tulpa

Originally posted by: Beabull

Entertaining thread, sounds like there are some far bigger collections than I would've imagined or reasonably expected. Teach me your ways
1) Make money
3)?
4)Profit!

1) Make money
3)?  (Try to Keep Your Beautiful wife from leaving because there are NES games in your Kitchen Cabinets!)
4)Profit!

baahahhaha!  that's about right  

Numbers 2 and 3 are where I personally get stuck. The older I get, I edge from "collector" into "hoarder", even with common stuff.
Actual conversation I had with my wife a few weeks ago:
Me: Hey look, A Boy and His Blob and its only $2! I'm going to get it...
Wife: I thought you had two of that already, you just bought a second, right? Didn't I see one in your office and a new one in a box in the kitchen?
Me: Yeah, but I needed two, one for me and one for Jax (our son) to play with when he gets older.
Wife: So why would we need a third copy? 
Me: ...yeah...but, I mean...what if we have more kids though?

My wife’s answer would be then you would need a fourth for your next wife! 

Feb 27 at 12:18:57 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington

Thanks! 

Dan,
Why do all the articles keep talking about this being a matte sticker seal when it’s a gloss sticker version?
 Thanks

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Feb 27 at 6:05:29 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I dunno. I chalk it up to googling that didn't quite pan out. Nobody actually asked me. Who cares IMO. It's not really the point of the story.   One things for sure, I’m going to have to raise the price on that baseball stars    

Edited: 02/27/2019 at 06:08 AM by Bronty

Apr 17 at 3:57:29 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Got to hold these beauties last weekend!

Edited: 04/17/2019 at 03:59 PM by Sign Collector Guy