Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Ultimate Nintendo: Guide to the SNES Library now on Kickstarter! The followup to a certain NES guide book is here!

Feb 20 at 4:05:43 PM
Gex (42)
(Ryley Rolls ) < El Ripper >
Alberta

-------------------------
  <<< Buying TurboGrafx 16 

Edited: 02/20/2019 at 04:41 PM by Gex

Feb 20 at 5:28:26 PM
Shell Dante (5)
< Tourian Tourist >
Alabama
Mod edit

Edited: 02/20/2019 at 05:39 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

Feb 20 at 5:38:34 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Shell Dante

You mad Bro?

To everyone else: lets please keep it on topic. 

Feb 20 at 5:55:07 PM
Shell Dante (5)
< Tourian Tourist >
Alabama
Mod edit

Edited: 02/20/2019 at 06:02 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

Feb 20 at 6:33:49 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Originally posted by: bootload

I don't get it. Kickstarter is for prototypes that can't afford to get made so they get the community to fund them. This seems like it's already done or nearly done, why is it on Kickstarter?

Kickstarter is also an easier way to take preorders etc. rather than just getting something funded.  

Easier but still wrong, that's not what Kickstarter is for. If a product is going to get made regardless of contributions on Kickstarter, then it shouldn't be on Kickstarter. I like going on there to see what people are coming up with and it's often items that have enough capital to fund themselves which I'm not interested in. I had to stop using it once that happened and stopped backing projects which hurt the people using it for its intended purpose.

Also, if people want to support this kind of project, they would buy it regardless of having a leaked PDF or not, Pat is entertaining and these books have great information. I will buy one if it doesn't cost $45 for shipping like the last one did.

Edited: 02/20/2019 at 06:37 PM by bootload

Feb 20 at 7:06:12 PM
Pat the NES Punk (23)
(Patrick Contri) < Meka Chicken >
California
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

I just want to add that I'm 100% not condoning piracy. It's a shame that it was leaked out. I just wanted to point out that while there may have been one source, it's been uploaded to multiple locations (as I'm sure you realized)

Sure, but to see it promoted on NA in more than one thread is beyond the pale. Thanks to the NA mods for keeping it clean.  

Update: we're at $63K!  

--------------------------------
twitter: patthenespunk
facebook - Pat the NES Punk

thepunkeffect.com

Feb 20 at 7:56:32 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
if you talk shit about NA dont use it as a resource for advertisement. your with us or against us pat

Feb 20 at 7:58:17 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
For fuck's sake ENOUGH ALREADY

If you want to buy a book, buy a book.

If you don't, don't.

Feb 20 at 7:59:51 PM
alekx (108)
Alberta
I agree but if you want to talk shit about a forum dont use it. simple concepts.

Feb 20 at 8:01:01 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: alekx

I agree but if you want to talk shit about a forum dont use it. simple concepts.
That isn't up to you (or me either), and this isn't the thread for it.

Feb 20 at 8:03:27 PM
alekx (108)
Alberta
Team Nintendoage!

Feb 21 at 8:47:57 PM
Leathco (13)
(Chris Leathco) < Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
Backed for the 2 pack of both the SNES and original NES book. I missed the NES one the first go round due to not having enough funds, glad I got enough now to grab both. The NES book was actually part of my inspiration to do my Virtual Boy book, which is nowhere near as polished as the NES book, but something I enjoyed throwing together. Best of luck on the SNES endeavor!

http://www.retrogamingroundup.com...

Feb 22 at 2:42:55 AM
Pat the NES Punk (23)
California
Thanks, Leathco! I thought about doing a Virtual Boy book in the past since it would be a lot easier and could be put out in probably less than a year from start to finish - sort of a palette cleanser after this gigantic book. We'll see!

thepunkeffect.com

Feb 22 at 8:31:26 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Pat the NES Punk

Thanks, Leathco! I thought about doing a Virtual Boy book in the past since it would be a lot easier and could be put out in probably less than a year from start to finish - sort of a palette cleanser after this gigantic book. We'll see!

Print it in nothing but red & black ink. 

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Feb 22 at 11:54:54 PM
K3VBOT (286)
(K3V ) < King Solomon >
Indiana
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Print it in nothing but red & black ink. 

Make sure to include the disclaimer like in the front of a VB Manual. "Do not let children under the age of 7 play.... May cause temporary or permanent eye damage". Cracks me up every time.

Feb 23 at 4:10:23 PM
Leathco (13)
(Chris Leathco) < Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
The weird part is that the thing never gave me headaches while playing. Maybe all that time on the 3DS trained my eyes?

http://www.retrogamingroundup.com...

Mar 13 at 10:06:26 PM
Pat the NES Punk (23)
California
Less than 3 days left!  

thepunkeffect.com

Mar 14 at 8:10:05 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas

Less than 3 days left!  

On the frontpage. Already funded, get your order in!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Mar 19 at 11:04:19 PM
glazball (20)
< Crack Trooper >
Texas
Darn, I missed the preorder for the SNES book and sadly didn't buy the NES book when I saw you/it at CGF in Austin a few years ago. Time to fix that! Will you be selling these at CGF this summer by chance? I'd love to buy them in person but if not, I'll get get them online. These really look great and thanks for all the hard work that went into them. A labor of love I'm sure!

glazball's game collection and wantlist