Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Wii U Games not commonly graded

Jul 01 at 8:22:48 PM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
I went through a phase with wanting all Nintendo published Wii U games graded.  Due to this I have plenty of uncommonly graded games with gold ratings.  These two usually sell for about $50 new, but I have never seen graded copies before:

Game & Wario  85+
Wii Sports Club  85+

Maybe $100-$150?  What do you guys think?

-------------------------
Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Jul 03 at 2:11:59 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: AC Skywalker

I went through a phase with wanting all Nintendo published Wii U games graded.  Due to this I have plenty of uncommonly graded games with gold ratings.  These two usually sell for about $50 new, but I have never seen graded copies before:

Game & Wario  85+
Wii Sports Club  85+

I personally dont value anything graded to be worth anymore. Its just a reassurance of authenticity to me. Some people may pay a little more for that condition assurance. Id value it for a smidge more than a normal sealed nice copy goes for.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jul 03 at 2:41:14 AM
Archangel3090 (37)
< El Ripper >
Manitoba
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Game & Wario  85+
Wii Sports Club  85+

I personally dont value anything graded to be worth anymore. Its just a reassurance of authenticity to me. Some people may pay a little more for that condition assurance. Id value it for a smidge more than a normal sealed nice copy goes for.

seconded, grading is ridiculous and people use it to try and inflate value

Jul 03 at 3:00:01 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Archangel3090

Game & Wario  85+
Wii Sports Club  85+

I dont think its ridiculous. I understand it completely. I just dont think it makes a game considerably more valuable. I wouldnt get anything ordinary graded if I ever was going to sell it in the forseable future. To me thats a sunk cost. If it was a collection piece that I wanted to keep pristine and know it would grade well, slab it. If it was something extremely expensive Id get it for the authenticity factor.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jul 03 at 3:05:19 AM
Archangel3090 (37)
< El Ripper >
Manitoba

Originally posted by: Archangel3090

Game & Wario  85+
Wii Sports Club  85+

I dont think its ridiculous. I understand it completely. I just dont think it makes a game considerably more valuable. I wouldnt get anything ordinary graded if I ever was going to sell it in the forseable future. To me thats a sunk cost. If it was a collection piece that I wanted to keep pristine and know it would grade well, slab it. If it was something extremely expensive Id get it for the authenticity factor.

Ya i can see an autograph or something obscure. Just dont get the sealed thing

Jul 03 at 11:41:02 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Unfortunately for low demand games, not much  .

I had a VGA 95 N64 Perfect Dark, it was hard to sell and I think I got less than 200 for it. Yes, overly abundant, but a freaking 95 lol.

Jul 04 at 1:06:06 AM
Darth Vader (84)
(Tony Scarlato) < El Ripper >
Illinois

Game & Wario  85+
Wii Sports Club  85+

I think that it raises the value slightly. Reason being is that it now has a grade that is standard. When purchasing a game, especially not in person, it's hard to get a handle on the condition. Everybody sees condition differently and uses different terms to describe their assesment. Also, not a lot of resellers take very good pictures. I for one have bought games where upon arrival have found a blemish that you wouldn't be able to see in a picture. I've also passed on buying games for lack of pictures. You won't have this problem with a graded game. They've been gone over with a fine toothed comb so there are no surprises and it's encapsulated to ensure that it stays that way. 

On another note, it also guarantees that you are getting something authentic. Being a collector, you should be able to spot fakes from a mile away but you'd be surprised at how many people are fooled.

Jul 04 at 1:27:42 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Darth Vader

Game & Wario  85+
Wii Sports Club  85+

I think that it raises the value slightly. Reason being is that it now has a grade that is standard. When purchasing a game, especially not in person, it's hard to get a handle on the condition. Everybody sees condition differently and uses different terms to describe their assesment. Also, not a lot of resellers take very good pictures. I for one have bought games where upon arrival have found a blemish that you wouldn't be able to see in a picture. I've also passed on buying games for lack of pictures. You won't have this problem with a graded game. They've been gone over with a fine toothed comb so there are no surprises and it's encapsulated to ensure that it stays that way. 

On another note, it also guarantees that you are getting something authentic. Being a collector, you should be able to spot fakes from a mile away but you'd be surprised at how many people are fooled.

I think we just said the same thing  

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jul 04 at 2:31:13 AM
If You Must (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Connecticut
I'm not a crazy collector or anything but anything common like that I can't see it being a whole lot more than a good sealed copy.

There was a time I thought about grading a few games, but instead bought hard acrylic cases instead. Just as protected and cheaper.

Jul 04 at 6:10:58 AM
Darth Vader (84)
(Tony Scarlato) < El Ripper >
Illinois

Originally posted by: Darth Vader

Game & Wario  85+
Wii Sports Club  85+

I think we just said the same thing  

Yep, we sure did. That's me staying up past my bed time. 

Jul 04 at 6:15:11 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Ironically when I had these graded they were considered uncommon.

Thanks for all the input guys, I already have them up on my for sale thread and on ebay. Appreciate it!

Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...